I just spend $900.00 having Rogers Smart home monitoring put in my home. It allows you to lock and unlock doors, turn on lights see the camera from your smart phone. Yes, there is a Blackberry app which works great on my Z30, I then went to install it on my wives Passport and in Blackberry world it says the Passport is not supported? I know this is Rogers doing, so I went and installed he Android app with installed with no issues.
    Now the fun begins, I have to input the user name which is my email address so I need the "@" character, but the virtual keyboard does not appear and I don't know how to turn it on? I also need to use number for the password, so again I need the virtual keyboard to do this. I tried to do a cut and paste, so I cut and pasted the user name no problem, but when I go to cut and past the PW the app restarts and I need to input the user name needed the @ again. I've tried putting the user name and password all as one cut and past and then backspacing the characters I don't need again with no luck.
    Can anyone figure this out and let me know how to get this info input into my wives Passport? I'll call Rogers on Monday and let them know if I can't get this to work on my wives Passport them they can come and take their stuff back and refund me my money. But I really want this to work, so badly. Thanks in advance to anyone who can figure this out.
    07-18-15 04:19 PM
    you need to tap in the field box where your user name is first, this will bring up the virtual keyboard you need
    07-18-15 05:50 PM
    There used to be an app made by xSashax called Sachesi (not the sideloading/backup program), that allowed you to access BlackBerry world with as different devices.

I just tried it, and I can see the BB10 app using my Passport.

HELP!!! with vitural keyboad trying to input user and PW for Rogers Smart home monitoring-img_20150718_185607.png

Unfortunately Sachesi is no longer available in BlackBerry World (there was a big uproar on how the dev was treated after this). Not sure if it's possible to find the Sachesi bar file and sideload it, as it still appears to work.

EDIT : tried to download the Rogers app and it didn't let me so, guess it doesn't really work.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 05:59 PM
    Just got the same thing... no support for the passport but there is for all other BB10 devices. Snap app version no numbered keyboard allowed. Sucks!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 08:08 PM
    Try a USB or Bluetooth keyboard.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    10-19-15 12:05 AM
    How about swipe down, then press the symbol as indicated as letter?

It's kinda equivalent to pressing the alt or symbol key on a Q10... :-)

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy...! ;-) 
    10-19-15 01:04 AM
    How about swipe down, then press the symbol as indicated as letter?

It's kinda equivalent to pressing the alt or symbol key on a Q10... :-)

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy...! ;-) 
    I think that the problem is that some Android apps don't understand the "swipe" gesture.

I think the other suggestion of bluetooth keyboard might do the trick though!
    10-19-15 01:09 AM

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-19-15 01:21 AM
    You could also try setting up a note with your username and password and try to copy-paste the information.

P.

Sent by my fantabulous BlackBerry Passport - qui prius respondit quam audiat stultum se esse demonstrat et confusione dignum
    10-23-15 02:00 PM
    I figured out how to get it to work. I wrote my username in an email, copy and paste in app. Same with password. Worked well. Auto logs in now

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 12:56 PM