Has anyone been able to get this to work? I've read online that the Passport supports USB audio but I haven't been able to get it to work. I bought a USB OTG cable, I plugged it into the Passport and then I plugged my DAC into the OTG cable. The Passport recognizes the USB device and "USB device inserted" quickly appears on the screen.

What is the next step? How do I redirect the audio from the Passport speakers to USB? Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 06:21 PM
    What are you trying to plug into?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:44 PM
    Somebody posted that Z30 accepts fiio devices as USB DAC. You can try it with the PP but I'm not sure if it will work.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    11-10-15 10:50 PM
    Not sure why you want your audio out thru USB when you can simply use the headphone socket or bluetooth connection. But anyway, I have this bluetooth speaker that has audio input using headphone plug and USB (from micro to normal USB). I could not make the USB (as audio out) to work with my Passport but it is working with my laptop... guess, it need to install the device driver software to our Passport to work the same way as to the laptop...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:32 PM
    Has anyone been able to get this to work? I've read online that the Passport supports USB audio but I haven't been able to get it to work. I bought a USB OTG cable, I plugged it into the Passport and then I plugged my DAC into the OTG cable. The Passport recognizes the USB device and "USB device inserted" quickly appears on the screen.

What is the next step? How do I redirect the audio from the Passport speakers to USB? Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    The next step is plugging your headphones into your DAC and not your Blackberry (obviously).

Don't overthink it. On the Blackberry it just works. I have a FiiO E17 and it works quite nice.

Not sure why you want your audio out thru USB when you can simply use the headphone socket or bluetooth connection. But anyway, I have this bluetooth speaker that has audio input using headphone plug and USB (from micro to normal USB). I could not make the USB (as audio out) to work with my Passport but it is working with my laptop... guess, it need to install the device driver software to our Passport to work the same way as to the laptop...

Posted via CB10
    You'll have to do your own research as to why anyone would use an external DAC. Here's a small hint. The headphone socket just won't do, nor will a BT connection. Go ahead an do a web search on the topic. I'm sure the answer is in the first hit.
    11-10-15 11:39 PM
    What are you trying to plug into?

Posted via CB10
    I am trying to plug in to a USB DAC so that (which is connected to my hifi speakers).

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 06:59 AM
    Mister2d -- Headphones? I am not using a headphone DAC.

My DAC is connected to my hifi speakers and they are plugged in to the DAC already.

I guess only the Fiio works? That's too bad.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    The 3.5mm or bluetooth doesn't provide the same level of audio quality as going from USB to DAC to speakers or headphones.

I use the blackberry bluetooth speaker with audio out for those days when audio quality doesn't matter much, for example when we're hosting a few friends and music is playing in the background (other advantages are that you can put the extra wires away, and your friends can take over as DJ by taking turns pairing their phone). The bluetooth speaker audio out is also good when I'm just listening to you tube.

For those nights when it's quiet and I'm really listening using TIDAL I like to use the USB out to DAC to speaker set up.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:11 AM
    My setup is Z30 hdmi out to Marantz SRxxx AV receiver, connected to Dynaudio Focus bookshelves, and a ported SVS subwoofer via the L/R preout. And the Spotify app. That's my small audio nirvana.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    11-11-15 07:51 AM
    Mister2d -- Headphones? I am not using a headphone DAC.

My DAC is connected to my hifi speakers and they are plugged in to the DAC already.

I guess only the Fiio works? That's too bad.

Posted via CB10
    My mistake. I assumed you were using headphones. At any rate, it works the same.

Do you not hear audio from your external speakers? Do you get the usb audio indicator when you adjust the volume using the Passport's buttons?
    11-11-15 10:19 AM
    My mistake. I assumed you were using headphones. At any rate, it works the same.

Do you not hear audio from your external speakers? Do you get the usb audio indicator when you adjust the volume using the Passport's buttons?
    I don't hear audio from my external speakers. The sound just keeps playing on my Passport speakers and no I don't get the usb audio indicator when adjusting the volume. I also tried going to 'Audio' in the music app but all I see is 'Handset' and 'Speaker'.

I guess this only works with a few DACs.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:14 AM
    Not working for sony MDR-1ADAC, however, the 1ABT is convenient and work great on BlackBerry Passport silver edition. NFC feature and apt-x are great. But actually, for my 1ABT, sony z5 is the best choice as it's support LDAC.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:14 PM
    I don't hear audio from my external speakers. The sound just keeps playing on my Passport speakers and no I don't get the usb audio indicator when adjusting the volume. I also tried going to 'Audio' in the music app but all I see is 'Handset' and 'Speaker'.

I guess this only works with a few DACs.

Posted via CB10
    That's a bummer. It sounds like it doesn't work with your DAC.
    11-11-15 11:08 PM