04-05-15 12:41 PM
47 12
tools
    Just looking for some help. I am with at&t and I am going to purchase the passport. Any opinions from people who have used both versions? I am leaning towards the original as there are more accessories. Oh and I will be paying full price not signing another contract

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-01-15 09:14 AM
    I have the original and I love it. Haven't seen or held the AT&T version so I can't speak to that design.

Good Luck with your choice.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2708
    04-01-15 09:31 AM
    I have had a black and red original and sold both when I got the att version. The att version is better in everyway unless you really love the square aesthetic.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 09:46 AM
    I have the AT&T version. While I have no experience with the original version, I was asking the same question a few weeks ago before taking the plunge.

Although I appreciate the original aesthetics, I find that that the AT&T redesign has practical value in terms of handling the phone. Specifically, the wider space below the keyboard seems to offer a better typing grip than on the original, judging from many comments I've read in the forums.

I would also recommend the body glove case that AT&T sells. The backing piece adds a small rim all the way around the front of the phone. I find that further increases grippability when typing without causing any key interference. Good luck with your decision.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 09:49 AM
    Original!!! Think universal!!!

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-01-15 09:50 AM
    Honestly the square shape of the original Passport is not awkward at all, I love table typing with it.
    The att version is nice as well, but if your paying full price might as well go with the original, and get the oem she'll case

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-01-15 09:54 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Also, not sure if i could come to grips with the price off contract of the at&t passport. I can get a coupon and get the original for $499. On another note the body glove case will not work for me as I run a construction company and only ever used a defender case. The only thing that comes close to that is the seidio convert and they only make that for the original

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    04-01-15 10:20 AM
    If you travel, the original from Amazon/Blackberry is unlocked. Can use anywhere. Just pop in a sim card. Big advantage.
    tfitzpat03 and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-01-15 10:57 AM
    Original!!! Don't think about it!!!

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-01-15 11:04 AM
    I would get the att version. Wireless charging is a great plus.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    04-01-15 11:26 AM
    It's hip to be square.

Well that and I hate branded phones.
    Last edited by vanmat; 04-01-15 at 08:53 PM.
    04-01-15 11:30 AM
    I use the AT&T version and I think it looks more finished
    04-01-15 11:38 AM
    I toyed with the same dilemma. I ended up going for the original. I got it for $499 and took advantage of the Paypal 6 months same as cash deal. I have handled the AT&T version, but I like the aesthetic of the square better than the rounded one, and certainly the price was a strong factor in my decision.

There are plenty of cases and holsters available for the Original Passport by shopping online. I got tickled at the AT&T store where I activated my phone. He tried to sell me the Body Glove case. I told him it wouldn't fit. He couldn't figure out why even though he tried to make it work. I pointed ou that my Passport was square. He had never heard of a square Passport before. I think he needs to do a little more research on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:45 AM
    Here is your answer from AT&T Passport with J. Williams on Youtube how much he loves AT&T version. He sold the original version and got AT&T Passport after played with it for awhile.
    04-01-15 12:22 PM
    If you get the AT&T version, you're dependent on AT&T for updates.

Food for thought.
    zehkaiser likes this.
    04-01-15 01:27 PM
    Original!!! You already know what case you want, seidio convert which the att does not have

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-01-15 01:34 PM

Food for thought.
    I have the original version Passport and I'm with AT&T. Now, when an update comes out I get it right away. NO WAITING for AT&T!!! AT&T even skipped updates for my Z10 which I had purchased through them bozos. I'm more than willing to pay way more just not to have to deal with AT&T at all. Owning a phone through AT&T is akin to being wrongfully convicted of a crime that one did not commit. Unless of course one considers it a crime to purchase a phone through AT&T. I LOVE my freedom! Food for thought.
    04-01-15 01:56 PM
    I am with AT&T and have their PP. I've never held the original version. AT&T 's is wonderful. I am limited in cases, but I think I read in the AT&T accessories thread that the Seido case is now available for them. I have the body glove and like it, so I didn't check it out. The wireless charging is a great feature. I'm not opposed to leaks, so I upgrade my OSs that way. I did purchase on contract as that works for me.

My hands never get the pinky finger fatigue I've read about with the original version.

I really don't think you can go wrong choosing between either of them, though. One plus for the BlackBerry Community is if you go AT&T, it increases the perceived demand...
    HTH!
    Brian

I'm a big dude living in a big world. I need a big phone! Posted via my amazingly correctly sized Passport!
    04-01-15 02:13 PM

Food for thought.
    Unless you load a leak?

I have the 10.3.2 leak running on my att passport.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    04-01-15 02:46 PM
    I have the ATT version and I love the look and feel but for price the original has it beat. Also screen protectors and cases for the ATT version are few and far between. My device says it is not carrier locked so that is not a factor and you can always load any official release software version yourself either way.
    04-01-15 02:52 PM
    I havent hold an AT&T version but I love my original Passport.
    04-01-15 03:04 PM
    Unless you load a leak?

I have the 10.3.2 leak running on my att passport.
    Right. I meant OTAs. Whoever is into loading leaks or via Sachesi/autoloaders, they might benefit from the AT&T Passport's improvements.

Are the Passport leaks model-ambivalent?
    04-01-15 03:07 PM
    Right. I meant OTAs. Whoever is into loading leaks or via Sachesi/autoloaders, they might benefit from the AT&T Passport's improvements.

Are the Passport leaks model-ambivalent?
    Yes.

Sachesi tells you that they are not compatible but they are 100% compatible.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    04-01-15 03:20 PM
    I had the original BlackBerry Passport for about six months and really liked it. When the AT&T version passport came out, I just couldn't resist it. So I sent back my original one to Amazon for 80% money back and bought the AT&T Passport off eBay. I just love it more than original one because it's feel solid and its more easy to type on it because of longer bottom chin. Hope it helps.
    WR

Via AT&T BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.1.2708 on Blazin Fast T-Mobile 4GLTE.
    04-01-15 03:24 PM
    I have both and I can't bring myself to stop using the original and using the AT&T version. I'll probably sell it.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 10:58 PM
47 12