i having a problem with a passport that i bought off of ebay

problem was when i first got the phone it was saying use BBID when first started well i called the guy and i have the owners email and BBID...that worked out fine now im trying to get the BB protect anti-theft feature to turn off so i wont brick the phone so i can use my BBID

I have already went to blackberry id on computer and also blackberry protect. both accounts are still there but on BB protect it says A device isnt associated with BlackBerry Protect.

so what do i do now?? please help

i have already called blackberry and they would not help unless i paid for it so i wanted to try and see if i could get help here first
    04-13-16 07:26 PM

That's all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-13-16 07:35 PM
    You should be able to turn off protect in the phone settings. It will ask you for the BlackBerryID password. If you security wipe on the phone, it will also ask for the BlackBerryID password and turn off the protect feature.

Just in case you didn't know, the only way to change a BlackBerryID on a BlackBerry is to do a security wipe. It will let you edit the BlackBerryID email, but it is just changing the email address associated with the existing ID on the phone, ie changing the email address of the las guys BlackBerryID, not actually creating your own ID on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 07:35 PM
    Thanks guys for the quick response. But I have already tried to turn it off.. soon as I open it up a popup says it's unavailable and won't let you do anything else
    04-13-16 07:44 PM
    The original owner has to log into BlackBerry Protect on his computer and remove the device from his account or delete his protect account.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 09:03 PM
    OK I get what you are saying. But why would it show on his computer and not on mine when I log in with his id
    04-13-16 09:08 PM
    OK so on the blackberry help blog it say do a security wipe and you his BBID and then do it again and it should turn the protect off. Should i do this. Or will the brick it?!?
    04-13-16 10:01 PM
    If you can log into his protect account then you must delete the device or account.

Then you must turn off protect on the phone.

Then you must wipe the device and setup with your own BlackBerry ID email address.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 05:29 AM
    Thanks I did a wipe any everything worked out perfect got my info in the phone now.
    04-14-16 07:29 AM