Hi all, my first post...been an avid reader and BB user for the longest! I have recently purchased a BB Passport which is en route and due to my home here in LA by this Friday. The seller has tried to sell me his Blackberry Care Coverage, I have read the terms and conditions and it states only transferable if Blackberry can approve. We have been in communication and now he wants me to override his account information by paying the monthly premium but keeping his information and email on file. For obvious reasons I am totally opposed to that, I dont think thats the way the protect plan works. I am looking at 3rd party (Squaretrade) but all state the phone has to be currently insured by the wireless carrier. I am in some desperate need of any help/guidance, how can I insure this phone? According to the seller it was purchased off contract for full retail from ATT directly.

Some help is appreciated, thank you my Blackberry family!
    08-12-15 01:11 PM
    SquareTrade should cover it no problem. You may have to call them but it shouldn't be a big deal if you explain that it's currently on Manufacturer's warranty.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-12-15 01:17 PM
    Thank you so much for the quick response...this is what I saw on Square trades website

I confirm (select one):
    This phone was purchased within the last 30 days. Proof of purchase required.
    This phone is more than 30 days old and insured through my wireless carrier. Proof of insurance required.
    08-12-15 01:18 PM
    You really need to call SquareTrade. I was about to buy a Passport on Amazon, and I called ST and found out that they cover used machines from eBay and not from Amazon. I don't know what they would say about some other third party.
    08-12-15 03:01 PM
    Thank you very much, I will call them shortly and see what they can offer!
    08-12-15 03:22 PM
    Soo I just called ST, they will not cover any phone that is used not bought through EBAY..any other suggestions? please do let me know.

Thank you
    08-12-15 04:28 PM
    Why not buy it brand new and have peace of mind? Especially if you will be using it for years?

 BlackBerry PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2226)
    08-12-15 04:45 PM
    I got a pretty good deal, at this point couldnt afford the extra $200 or so, plus im off contract so my monthly bill is about $40 a month total...I totally agree with what you're saying, wish I could have saved a bit more..took me a while to save enough funds for this however. Any help? options?
    08-12-15 05:05 PM
    Save a bit more and get yourself the silver edition you know you owe to yourself after all the grief you been through its the best one out of the lot

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 05:11 PM
    Hi Marcus, thanks...no grief as of yet! Im still awaiting the phone delivery.. I agree on the Silver Edition however...stunning, I did some research and found Esurance...a bit costly at $10.99 a month but looks like they may cover me, any thoughts??
    08-12-15 05:45 PM
    Check your homeowner's agents to see what they offer if you have one.

Also check this review of Protect your Bubble.
    http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/02/...nsurance-plans

As a last resort you can sell your Passport via Swappa and buy one under warranty.

I hope that helps.

08-12-15 10:34 PM
    Hi Lonestar, thank you so much...I actually rent

I was looking at esurance and ill check yoru website now. Hopefully I can figure something out, and oh well if something does happen Ill be back here on the forums to see how I can fix it!

Phone just arrived today, what a beauty! Trying to see where and how I can sideload android apps onto here!!
    08-13-15 05:38 PM
    I don't get the eBay thing. Uh.. this may sound weird, but why don't you give it to your friend so he can sell it back to you on eBay? I don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:48 PM
    I used SWAPPA not ebay....its a cell phone buy/sell website..I dont know the guy from adam. Its actually a great site and very thorough..
    08-13-15 06:08 PM
    I used SWAPPA not ebay....its a cell phone buy/sell website..I dont know the guy from adam. Its actually a great site and very thorough..
    Swappa does if right.

08-13-15 07:46 PM