Blend would disconnect around a 100 songs then I would have to reconnect and restart the transfer again. I tried transferring with USB cable and wireless and both would disconnect part ways. I'm currently on a mac using iTunes as my media source.
    10-24-14 02:49 PM
    Link is terrible for transferring large amounts of information. I have a similar setup to you and I copied about 6 GB worth of music using disk mode. My passport's internal memory as well as the SD card come up on my desktop via USB connection. I just copy music using Finder, with the source being my iTunes Media folder on my hard drive. It's still slow and will take a while (took about 1.5 hours for me), but it'll at least completely copy everything without disconnecting.

Also, you do not have to have the USB Storage Mode enabled on your passport - I have that option disabled.
    10-24-14 03:44 PM
    Thanks. It's an alternative way but it still works. Took me 15 minutes to transfer 18GB. I think it comes down to the speed of the media card for faster transfer.

Also I think it's a bug in Blend that makes it crash because my MacBook fan would slowly go off really loud and it would suddenly disconnect.

Link is terrible for transferring large amounts of information. I have a similar setup to you and I copied about 6 GB worth of music using disk mode. My passport's internal memory as well as the SD card come up on my desktop via USB connection. I just copy music using Finder, with the source being my iTunes Media folder on my hard drive. It's still slow and will take a while (took about 1.5 hours for me), but it'll at least completely copy everything without disconnecting.

Also, you do not have to have the USB Storage Mode enabled on your passport - I have that option disabled.
    10-24-14 05:39 PM
    Hmm good point. I should take a closer look at my SD card. Btw, once you've gotten your music on there, using Link to sync things will work (that's what I do now). It's just the initial transfer that is really tough to do with Link (and by extension I guess Blend as well?).
    10-25-14 02:48 PM
    Has to be something with Mac's?

When I first got my PP I also ordered a new 64GB card. Transferred 26GB of music from my NAS to my PP using blend and windows8.1. Worked perfect and without a hitch.
    10-25-14 04:59 PM