I searched and could not find a thread about this issue, nor a solution. Basically I just got my Passport today and it keeps going back to the lock screen literally every 8 seconds for me to put in my password. If I turn off the password setting then all is well. I have changed both the screen timeout setting and the device lock setting to 5 minutes... but the phone STILL locks an requires a password every 8-10 seconds. I never had this issue on my Q10 or my Leap. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know of a solution that works?
    07-11-16 03:09 PM
    1 min is a short as you can set the passwords for. Try holding the Vol up and vol down buttons until it resets. If it continues restore via Blackberry link

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 03:31 PM
    Phone has been restarted and I've even installed the latest software update. Something is definitely wrong because there isn't even an 8-10 second option so my phone shouldn't be reverting back to the lock screen that quickly.
    07-11-16 03:53 PM
    Had similar issue was the lock screen button/power off was stuck had dirt in it simple clean or play with button to loosen it up so it does not shut off screen and invoke password

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 08:55 PM
    Thanks... I'll definitely try that.. although I've only had the phone roughly 16 hours give or take so it's not really dirty.
    07-12-16 06:06 AM
    Plus I have deactivated the "use power button to lock/unlock device" setting...
    07-12-16 06:08 AM
    I searched and could not find a thread about this issue, nor a solution. Basically I just got my Passport today and it keeps going back to the lock screen literally every 8 seconds for me to put in my password. If I turn off the password setting then all is well. I have changed both the screen timeout setting and the device lock setting to 5 minutes... but the phone STILL locks an requires a password every 8-10 seconds. I never had this issue on my Q10 or my Leap. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know of a solution that works?
    I am having same problem with my NIB passport. Also finding nothing on it in forums - just this one.

Took out of box, charged battery and let it install latest OS then activated screen lock and setup password. As soon as did that it started locking screen every 10(ish) seconds.

What was the fix?
    01-30-18 05:03 PM
    OK, will answer my own question. Hope saves someone else time I wasted figuring it out.

Since I bought the phone online and was setting it up at home before connecting to my mobile account, phone did not have a SIM card or mobile network connection.

As result it was searching for Network connection every few seconds.

Once I turned off Mobile Network the screen lock problem went away. Assume this is a software glitch with BB10 10.3.2.2474

Go to: Settings - Networks and Connections - Mobile Network (toggle radial to Off position)
    01-30-18 09:53 PM