Hi Everyone,

So I just purchased my BB SE, it looked beautiful, BUT there was a big big problem. The software was so unstable, and it started to give me the red blink of death right after I completed my initial setup.

The LED red light was blinking like 111011, which reading from the below forum, it seems to be a RAM initialization problem.
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...D/td-p/1050875

After doing some research, I was able to reload the OS using BBLink, and it seemed to be fine, but after few minutes with the clean installed OS, it suddenly shut down and the red light of death came back... This just repeated few times, and I think I reinstalled the OS about 3 times, and now, it seemed that my PP SE got totally bricked!!!

The situation is that
    • It does not accept charge (wall plugged, but shows no LED light)
    • If I plug into a Mac/PC, and press the power btn, it gives me the 111011 blink
    • BBLink does recognize it as BB device, but when I chose to reload, it shows the dialog "Software update encountered an error" saying that it couldn't establish the connection with the device. Same applies for both the Mac and PC version of BBLink.
    • Autoloader only shows "Connecting to Bootrom", and gets me nowhere
    • Sachesi shows me the error "Communication Error: 1 (Connection refused) from 192.168.X.X"

I did what I saw on other threads such as
    • Killing BB/RIM related tasks and process from task manager hoping the autoloader would react
    • Reinstalled BBLink, hoping that the reload would work
    • Soft reset and hard reset of course, hoping God still loves me

But only failure, and nothing seems to be working...

What would be my best next step to fix this? Could it be some kind of hardware defect of RAM, and if that is the case, does anyone know how I can fix this (I live in Berlin, any good BB repairs?)
    Last edited by rakeem; 06-07-16 at 06:46 AM.
    06-06-16 04:15 PM
    Are you only using Mac to reload OS?

Posted via my magical Passport with BB10 none of Droid rubbish!
    06-06-16 07:45 PM
    No, I have both Mac and PC at home, so tried both. The error message in both environment are the same for bblink and sachesi.

Thanks for trying to help me!
    06-07-16 12:54 AM
    Hi,
    Was just asking as I had same issue my Passport a few months ago, I was using Macbook Pro with no joy like yourself, I take from what you have written that you have tried all links on BlackBerry help forums e.g http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...inkId=23422953

Eventually I used my old windows8 laptop updated the drivers then connected the phone it said had to download the latest version, once done then on 2-3rd attempted reload Passport kicked into life but then had issue with front facing camera, spoke with @BlackBerryHelp they asked me to through a few processes(just said I had done them but had done already to save time)then they asked me for PIN number To check the warranty status, said it was covered under 2yr warranty and started a customer case number for myself and now I am going to be sending Passport to the place where I purchased from and they with return to BlackBerry for warranty fix.

Not sure if that helped you maybe you have a different issue but maybe you can try contacting @BlackBerryHelp and see what they say.

06-07-16 05:50 AM
    Thanks Mark bb10,

You are becoming my new hero.
    I have not tried the BB URL you shared, so let me do that when I get home.

In the meantime, when you say "you got in touch with @BlackBerryHelp, did you DM via twitter? Or was their any inquiry form?

The only inquiry form I found was here,
    Contact BlackBerry - Germany
    which only accepts purchasers from either Amazon or ShopBB (which obviously sucks)
    06-07-16 06:37 AM
    It was through Twitter, good luck and keep us informed.

06-07-16 06:41 AM
    Hi everyone,

Just to follow up and to close the thread, I did get in touch with @blackberyhelp and they have mentioned to send the device to the original retailer for repair.

So I did and sent my PP SE in the box. And after 3 weeks, I received a full new device! The box was kept the same, so IMEI on the box no longer matches the device's actual IMEI, but I hope this will not cause future problems.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for trying to help me in the issue. I am back to my PP SE and so happy to be with this device!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 02:53 PM
    Hi everyone,

Just to follow up and to close the thread, I did get in touch with @blackberyhelp and they have mentioned to send the device to the original retailer for repair.

So I did and sent my PP SE in the box. And after 3 weeks, I received a full new device! The box was kept the same, so IMEI on the box no longer matches the device's actual IMEI, but I hope this will not cause future problems.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for trying to help me in the issue. I am back to my PP SE and so happy to be with this device!

Posted via CB10
    Hi Rakeem,

Glad to see you have this issue sorted out, can I just ask when you sent to original retailer is this included within the 3wks return time, asking as I have still to send my Passport back also which country was the retailer and did they keep you informed with progress, thanks.

06-26-16 03:24 PM
    Hi Rakeem,

Glad to see you have this issue sorted out, can I just ask when you sent to original retailer is this included within the 3wks return time, asking as I have still to send my Passport back also which country was the retailer and did they keep you informed with progress, thanks.

Edit: Sorry I forgot you said Berlin.

06-26-16 03:29 PM