After using a Curve successfully for the past 5 years, with the Desktop OS7 syncroniser, I decided to take the plunge and purchase a brand new Passport for over 430. I loved the device, especially the Passport Assist function, which I could tell would be really useful for my work. Today, after three days, I returned it to CarPhone Warehouse - not becuase I didn't take to it, or found it too large to make phone calls on. No, I loved the actual device. The problem was the awful Blend and Link desktop software that accompanies it. I just couldn't get it to work properly - to open or talk to my device. Either Link opened or Blend, not both. My device said I was connected, Link said I was disconnected. Blend wouldn't open except when I reinstalled it all again - and then it only worked once. Most of the time the Icon would buffer a bit and then nothing. Without the syncronisation working correctly on my Win7 64bit I decided that it was not worth the expense. Maybe if they sort out this problem I will consider further on down the line. I was unimpressed with Blackberry Support (free for 30 days through authorised retailers). They insisted that I go to my phone network provider first to contact their support team. Yet the issue has nothing to do with my mobile phone network, which is perfectly fine. Anyone else had these issues recently, resolved them. If I can find a permanent solution then I may reconsider a repurchase. Until then I will plod on with my trusted Curve, no matter how out of date it is.
    06-30-15 11:41 AM
    Hi there, welcome to CrackBerry! Is your device connected to the PC via USB or is it wifi, as I have no issues with my classic. Also might pay to join beta zone, https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item= and join the latest blend/ link program.
    06-30-15 11:47 AM
    Remember you also have to have blend turned on, on the device. I added a quick link in my settings.

Help me fix Blend and Passport-img_20150630_130915.png

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:09 PM