I'm very close to pulling the trigger on an unlocked passport. The phone looks stellar and the large screen and physical keyboard would be of great use to me. Problem is I am not sure which carrier to switch to. Currently I am on Verizon, which does not support GSM devices.

T-Mobile? AT&T? Cricket? I have heard that BYOD plans are cheaper than others, but I am not sure which carrier provides the best deal or the best service.

Help me make this very important decision Crackberry!
    Last edited by roba5263; 12-28-14 at 04:32 PM.
    12-28-14 04:15 PM
    I stayed with ATT as it is a plan through my work, so I didn't compare the other carriers. But I can tell you that I have had no problems so far. I brought in my SIM and they exchanged it for a nano SIM so that it would work with the Passport. The other thing is that ATT hasn't pushed out any updates yet so I bought a Rogers SIM off eBay and used that for the one update so far.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:39 PM
    I moved from Cricket to AT&T (to get a phone) but would highly recommend Cricket. They didn't have any problems with swapping the SIM to any of my devices. Order the nano SIM online and choose a data plan the works for you. You get AT&T towers and LTE on the PP for half the price (be sure to sign up for auto-pay to get $5 off).

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:55 PM
    I switched from Verizon to AT&T and couldn't be happier.

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    12-28-14 04:55 PM
    Before you sign up with Cricket, you may want to Google to see issues people have with Cricket's customer service.

Go with either AT&T or TMo. I have a Passport for work that's on AT&T. My personal Passport is on TMo. Both networks function fine.

AT&T may end up supporting the phone. They announced they will support WiFi dialing in 2015. No telling if they will allow it for the Passport. But its unlikely TMo will support newer Blackberry phones in the foreseeable future. If you travel internationally, TMo is the better choice.
    12-28-14 05:07 PM
    Check Tmobile first too see if they have adaquate coverage. If they do,then you save a lot of money. If not go with ATT. You will still save on a BYOD plan on ATT over verizon.

I am on Tmobile and I am happy but in some areas ATT may provide better coverage.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:18 PM
    AT&T, I've been with them for 23 years and have no problems.
    12-28-14 05:21 PM
    I've had great success with Cricket. I've run a variety of Windows Phones on it as well as the Blackberry Q10--never had a hiccup with multiple SIM transfers. When I got a Lumia 735 which requires a nano sim card, my first ever, I went to the (new) local Cricket store and they exchanged me a new card in minutes. I was told that they couldn't have shipped me a nano sim with my existing number, but I don't know if that's accurate. I came on board via Aio pre-merger, and back then there were like four stores in Florida and I had them ship everything to me in the Washington DC area--so I'm content with the merger and I'm glad I'm within reach of Cricket locations now.
    12-28-14 07:06 PM
    I would suggest AT&T.
    12-28-14 07:17 PM
    I'm on AT&T (gophone pre-paid). No complaints.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    12-28-14 07:44 PM
    I live in Canada and have a Canadian plan (Bell Mobility) but travel extensively in the US and other parts of the world. I have a pay as you go service with T-Mobile for when I travel in the USA and it works extremely well....except if I am in a few parts of the country that T-Mobile doesn't cover. I have just switched the the T-Mobile Simple Plan. It allows for no charge data while roaming in a ton of countries. Bottom line, if you travel outsite the USA, T-Mobile is by far, the best deal but if you live in or travel frequently to the 'boonies' (ie like rural Indiana), you will likely want a different carrier
    01-21-15 11:51 AM
    I'm in Verizon Wireless but honestly T-Mobile seems so much better to me than everything else

They have great cheap plans great service fast LTE they just sound awesome.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-21-15 12:05 PM
    TMO best deal if you live in or travel to major cities.

Posted via RED Passport on CB 10
    01-21-15 01:14 PM
    I subscribe this post... I would say it depends on the area you live at... T-Mo is great and cheaper but spotty... in some areas you get weaker coverage or none (live in Atlanta)... however, if you travel, it's a no brainer... I am in a business trip at the moment and having international data for "free" (you still pay for taxes for using foreign towers) it's very convenient... same number the whole trip, no need to deal with local sim cards etc...

I live in Canada and have a Canadian plan (Bell Mobility) but travel extensively in the US and other parts of the world. I have a pay as you go service with T-Mobile for when I travel in the USA and it works extremely well....except if I am in a few parts of the country that T-Mobile doesn't cover. I have just switched the the T-Mobile Simple Plan. It allows for no charge data while roaming in a ton of countries. Bottom line, if you travel outsite the USA, T-Mobile is by far, the best deal but if you live in or travel frequently to the 'boonies' (ie like rural Indiana), you will likely want a different carrier

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 01:18 PM