I Have blackberry passport silver.
    I attempted to make a playlist but the phone wont let me.
    It keeps saying error creating playlist, an error occurred saving the playlist.
    all the music is on sd card in the phone, it all works .
    Anyone any ideas.
    09-06-15 12:37 PM
    Battery pull.

And in BB10, a battery pull equals: Hold the top buttom till you get a red LED followed by the BB logo.
    09-06-15 03:45 PM
    Hi thanks for getting back but I've tried that three times and its not working

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 04:10 PM
    Hi thanks for getting back but I've tried that three times and its not working
    Exactly like I described?

Because that not how the device tells you to do a reboot...
    09-06-15 07:04 PM
    Yip power button in until red light and blackberry logo. Release button

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 02:17 AM
    Battery pull.

And in BB10, a battery pull equals: Hold the top buttom till you get a red LED followed by the BB logo.
    Incorrect.
    Hold the volume up and down keys at the same time until screen goes black. After a few moments the BlackBerry logo shows up and the phone reloads. This is a proper "hard reset". Using the power button is just normal shut off.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    09-07-15 07:57 AM
    Incorrect.
    Hold the volume up and down keys at the same time until screen goes black. After a few moments the BlackBerry logo shows up and the phone reloads. This is a proper "hard reset". Using the power button is just normal shut off.
    If you hold it till it shuts off, yes it is. If you KEEP HOLDING IT till you see the red LED though... Please do not go around saying "Incorrect".

And please, tell me more of how this works on a Z10 STL-100-1. The very reason I don't tell people to use the volume keys is that it does NOT work on STL-100-1s. Other that that, darling, they do the same thing.

Anyway, since you're such an expect, help the OP. Tell him how to fix his playlist issue.

09-07-15 11:45 AM
    Light-hearted arrogance is funny especially when correct. The more technical blogs out in cyberspace really are fun to read, even though I don't know the difference between a hash function and a hexadecimal. How about checking SD card and then reinsert it, just to eliminate another variable?

Posted via CB10
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    09-07-15 12:35 PM
    If you hold it till it shuts off, yes it is. If you KEEP HOLDING IT till you see the red LED though... Please do not go around saying "Incorrect".

And please, tell me more of how this works on a Z10 STL-100-1. The very reason I don't tell people to use the volume keys is that it does NOT work on STL-100-1s. Other that that, darling, they do the same thing.

Anyway, since you're such an expect, help the OP. Tell him how to fix his playlist issue.

I think you're on the wrong forum dear, this is the Passport forum

Also, I was not saying that just for the purpose of correcting you, I WAS trying to help out the OP so they could properly hard reset their phone. Don't get so defensive over constructive criticism hun.

09-08-15 06:03 AM
    Lol I will try volume buttons. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 09:27 AM
    Hi none of the above is working. This is my second blackberry passport silver device. So I really don't know what it can be

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 10:10 AM
    Hi none of the above is working. This is my second blackberry passport silver device. So I really don't know what it can be

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried reloading the OS?
    Download latest version of BlackBerry Link.
    Do a backup of your phone.
    Reload OS.
    You can then restore your phone's settings.
    If the issue persists, the best thing to do would be to download the latest OS OTA on your phone. Actually, try that first and see if it works out, THEN do the first option. Lol.
    If neither of those work, it's probably your media card, in which case you'd want to wipe it and reformat it for your phone.

09-09-15 12:21 PM
    Cool it's only a new phone today so I really wouldn't think it's the os. I hope. . But I have another media card I could try. Il have a go at that

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 01:26 PM
    I would not go OS reload on day 1 because of playlist issues. Let the device and all files get settled. I haven't experienced this with the SE I must say, but it did happen to both my Z10 and Z30 on the first day. My music would either not be detected or the music files in the playlist. After a complete batterydrain for some reason the issues stopped. So, maybe wait another day and try to deplete your Passport battery (I know it's almost impossible to do so with this beast of a battery) and see if the issue continues.
    09-09-15 01:57 PM
    Okay I have it sorted. It's the sd card. Strange as it let's me play my music but it wouldn't let me make play lists. I had a samsung sd card in my surface pro3, I copied my music on to it and everything is going well. Thanks everyone for the help. I'm sure I will be back lol. X

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    09-09-15 02:50 PM
    The problem I had back then did indeed involve music on the SD card if I remember correctly. Good to know all is good and you don't have to send back the SE.
    09-09-15 03:30 PM
    I think you're on the wrong forum dear, this is the Passport forum
    Does it happen to run something else than BB10?

The information you said was incorrect is not incorrect. In fact, both methods (as the OP demonstrated) yield the same result (a hard reset).

So, do refrain from shouting "incorrect in the future" unless it is something you ca prove as incorrect. It's really not productive.

But glad to you're out to help the OP.
    Okay I have it sorted. It's the sd card. Strange as it let's me play my music but it wouldn't let me make play lists. I had a samsung sd card in my surface pro3, I copied my music on to it and everything is going well. Thanks everyone for the help. I'm sure I will be back lol. X

Posted via CB10
    So it was the SD. Stranger things have happened. Glad it didn't take a reload of the OS!
    09-15-15 01:56 PM
    Does it happen to run something else than BB10?

The information you said was incorrect is not incorrect. In fact, both methods (as the OP demonstrated) yield the same result (a hard reset).

So, do refrain from shouting "incorrect in the future" unless it is something you ca prove as incorrect. It's really not productive.

But glad to you're out to help the OP.

So it was the SD. Stranger things have happened. Glad it didn't take a reload of the OS!
    I did not realize I was "shouting" O_o again I was not trying to offend anyone, just wanted to make sure the OP got the right information. I feel ganged up on a bit here...

To OP: glad it wasn't something serious with the phone! Hope you enjoy your Passport experience
    diegonei likes this.
    09-16-15 09:27 AM
    Thanks to all.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    09-16-15 09:56 AM
    I feel ganged up on a bit here...
    Welcome to my world....
    09-16-15 03:56 PM