01-22-17 03:41 AM
34 12
tools
    Hey guys,
    strange stuff is going on with my passport. Normally the battery lasted two days, now I am down to 6 hours and the phone gets really hot. When I check device monitor an "app" called "standby" seems to be the problem. I don't even know what it does?
    At the same time I figured out, that the Amazon App store is not working. I don't know if there is any connection?!
    I hope you guys have an idea what might be the problem?!
    Many thanks in advance
    mH
    P.S. I am running OS 10.3.2.2474.
    10-26-15 11:50 AM
    I am in the same situation with my Classic. It started over the weekend.
    10-26-15 02:44 PM
    Yes, exactly, I realized it the first time on Friday? maybe it is caused be the BB Blend Update? Idk? Greetz _mH
    10-26-15 06:34 PM
    My passport started to act up after the blend update. My battery is draining quickly, the amazon app store, Amazon prime, Pandora all stopped working and it's also heating up! Maybe it's sabotage so that we can all run to the Priv!!!! Hhhhhmmmm, Doesn't sound so crazy does it?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 12:12 AM
    You can try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)

Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, and black screen. The red LED will turn on. As soon as LED turns off, release the top key.

Was anything better after that reboot?
    masterHOOP likes this.
    10-27-15 12:38 AM
    For those experiencing the problem, what is your CPU system usage? Are you using device encryption?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:04 AM
    I'm having the same issue. It's really annoying me. The biggest CPU and batter users are "System" and "Standby". Not very helpful.
    10-27-15 03:34 AM
    For those experiencing the problem, what is your CPU system usage? Are you using device encryption?

Posted via CB10
    In the CPU screen the "Standby"App is not even listed. The number one entry is "System". Yes I do use encryption. Btw: the problem even occurs when the phone is on flight modus (if that is helpful) _mH
    10-27-15 03:59 AM
    You can try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)

Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, and black screen. The red LED will turn on. As soon as LED turns off, release the top key.

Was anything better after that reboot?
    What does this kind of reset do to my phone? In terms of data/ apps/ etc. is it completely set back, then? Or are my apps, settings, etc still there after the reset? mH
    10-27-15 04:01 AM
    What does this kind of reset do to my phone? In terms of data/ apps/ etc. is it completely set back, then? Or are my apps, settings, etc still there after the reset? mH
    Everything is safe, secured, and right where you left it. It's pretty much a "deeper" Restart. Nothing at all will be wiped, but it often fixes issues a simple Restart does not.
    10-27-15 04:13 AM
    In the CPU screen the "Standby"App is not even listed. The number one entry is "System". Yes I do use encryption. Btw: the problem even occurs when the phone is on flight modus (if that is helpful) _mH
    Decrypt the device and report back if it worked.
    The results should be instantly noticeable when checking CPU System usage.

From my experience, flight mode or not, there is high CPU usage unless you take off encryption. I spent some hours of trial and error testing and this is what worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    masterHOOP likes this.
    10-27-15 04:16 AM
    Same here. The phone is hot and drains battery with wifi off, network off, bluetooth off, Blend off, Bridge off, no interactive apps running, etc. I can't disable encryption; it's an Activesync policy.

It just started suddenly, no obvious reason.
    10-27-15 10:10 AM
    Same here, I've noticed the battery draining much faster, happened for no apparent reason, a couple of days ago... No android app at all, same usage as before... just all of a sudden less battery!
    10-27-15 10:34 AM
    This happens to me from time to time.

Usually a reset by pressing both the top and bottom volume keys simultaneously until a restart works for me.

I think the phone just gets 'messed up' by running the andriod runtime and apps

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 11:09 AM
    Decrypt the device and report back if it worked.
    The results should be instantly noticeable when checking CPU System usage.

From my experience, flight mode or not, there is high CPU usage unless you take off encryption. I spent some hours of trial and error testing and this is what worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Folkz, this seem to work, THANKS! I turned off Blackberry Protect (idk why) and then I decrypted the device. After one minute Amazon Appstore notified on new updates and it worked again. Till then the battery life seems to be normal. But it is pretty early to say!
    Greetz
    mH
    10-27-15 12:18 PM
    Have you turned the encryption back on?
    10-27-15 12:50 PM
    No, I haven't turned it back on. I am preparing for Web Summit next week and I am a little bit busy ;-) Just want a phone that is working well, and as of now it seems to work and I thought of the old saying 'Never change a running system!' ;-) mH

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 03:22 AM
    I did not turn off blackberry protect but I did turn off encryption. Amazon appstore loads again. The battery drain seems to be gone. I noticed last night that the battery saving mode didn't even slow down the drain at all. I'll see about turning the encryption back on this weekend and seeing if the problem comes back. I just want to give it a couple of days to make sure things are back to normal.
    masterHOOP likes this.
    10-28-15 09:33 AM
    No, I haven't turned it back on. I am preparing for Web Summit next week and I am a little bit busy ;-) Just want a phone that is working well, and as of now it seems to work and I thought of the old saying 'Never change a running system!' ;-) mH

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad to hear that this worked for you.

I was kind of worried as I started experiencing this issue a day before my week long business trip. I managed to finish troubleshooting this issue and found the solution while I was on my long haul flight.

Good thing the airplane seat had a USB outlet to keep my phone powered.

I agree with you, if the phone is working fine now, I wouldn't touch it.
    I might try using the encryption after my trip. My phone is working perfectly right now and I don't want to mess it up.

Posted via CB10
    masterHOOP likes this.
    10-29-15 07:35 AM
    Decryption worked for me too. How bizarre.
    10-29-15 08:00 AM
    Have had the same problem for the last few days. Tried turning off encryption as suggested above. Amazon app store still doesn't work and I get an error message of:

Activity QNXAppLauncher Isn't Responding. Do you want to close it?

Going to try a hard reset now and see if that solves the issue. Will report back.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:33 AM
    Same problem. My work policies would not allow me to decrypt. I tried multiple reboots. I ended up wiping the device. All better now but will not update Amazon Appstore as I suspect it to be the cause.
    10-31-15 11:18 AM
    I had the same problem. My work policies prevent me from decrypting.

I also tried multiple reboots. Didn't help.

I was able to stop the battery drain by clearing the data for the Amazon Appstore in the Device Monitor settings, but could not run any Android apps.

I ended up doing a full wipe and device is back to normal. I won't be updating Amazon Appstore anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:25 AM
    Update:

Well it took a little bit, but after a few hours and several reboots, a notification popped up stating an update for Amazon App Store was available.

Updated the Amazon App store app and several other Android apps on my phone and everything seems to be running perfectly again.

Going to wait another little bit and turn encryption back on. Will report back if anything changes after that. Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your input on this forum and kind suggestions on how to resolve it. The fine folks on CrackBerry are a major reason I continue to love to use BlackBerry products. You guys rock!

Posted via CB10
    masterHOOP likes this.
    10-31-15 11:48 AM
    I also did a delete storage/ clean of the amazon app store and it worked

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:44 PM
34 12