Hi all..I have had my Passport just over a month and it has been great. But about a week ago the battery drained really fast. I have lots of android apps which probably are the cause....nothing shows as using much apart from system at 93% over 48hrs! Any ideas why? It seems to be really hot at times too. What is the best way to reset to factory settings?
    Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:01 AM
    Try soft reset and hard reset. Hold Power for 10 seconds or hold both volume number for 10 seconds.
    loreburne likes this.
    01-31-15 10:04 AM
    You can try downloading an Android task manager (e.g. - TaskManager in BBW) so you can see what Android apps are currently running/kill said apps. Those that check location frequently can have an adverse effect on battery life. You will notice the Location Services icon next to the battery symbol when they are doing so.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    loreburne likes this.
    01-31-15 10:10 AM
    Thanks guys! I will give them a try later

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:21 AM
    You can try downloading an Android task manager (e.g. - TaskManager in BBW) so you can see what Android apps are currently running/kill said apps. Those that check location frequently can have an adverse effect on battery life. You will notice the Location Services icon next to the battery symbol when they are doing so.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    I tried this & killed all the apps (kindle,blogger ect) and they stopped but when I looked again they had restarted!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:25 AM
    I tried this & killed all the apps (kindle,blogger ect) and they stopped but when I looked again they had restarted!

Posted via CB10
    That will happen, and is normal given how the runtime works (some apps will run in the background, need network access to update info, etc...). In TaskManager, you can hit the X in the upper right-hand corner to kill all of the apps at once. May be necessary to do it a few times in a row, and a few will come back depending on what you have installed.

When you notice that the phone is getting warm or the battery is draining too fast, it is a good idea to check the list to make sure that there aren't an abundance of Android apps running in the background.

You can also try a hard reset as the poster above mentioned (hold down the volume up/down buttons for ten seconds). Could be that something native is misbehaving as well.

Worst comes to worst, you can try a security wipe (do a full backup of the device first if there is anything you need), then install the Android apps one by one to see which is the culprit.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    loreburne likes this.
    01-31-15 10:47 AM
    Thanks...I did a security wipe.....Hopefully that will sort it!
    01-31-15 04:55 PM
    If that all fails try backing up your memory card and reformatting it using your passport. I was having excessive battery drain and very high system usage. After reformatting my 64 gig card it brought my passport back to normal levels.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 04:24 AM
    It maybe due to android apps that you downloaded other than Google play or Amazon. Next time download it only from these stores. If you want to delete them delete it from the device manager.not directly.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-01-15 07:00 AM
    How much cpu system usage did you get ? Mine is about 40 to 50% all the time. Is this normal? Or do I need to reformat my sd card as well (it's a Samsung evo 64Gb micro sd card with 48Mb/s writing speed)

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 07:02 AM
    I did a security wipe and it seemed to solve the issue....I then tried to load the Google Play store (just to get Google maps) and it started draining fast again and the android apps were just opening with a white screen! It was really sluggish too. I then did a security wipe again..all was well and I tried to load Google Maps form snap.....I got the same problem! White screen on all android apps! I deleted google maps and opened the Amazon store...it took ages to open! All seems fine now but I an afraid to try installing Google Play Store as I think it will happen again.....are there any older links to the Google stuff that Cobalt put up as I think the new ones might not work with my OS.
    Thanks for your help.
    Thank god I am an insomniac!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 09:40 AM
    You can set app permission to disallow them running in the background and when minimized. Maybe that'll help your battery. It does on mine. Cheers!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport smartphone.
    02-01-15 10:38 AM