I bought a secondhand Passport SQW 100-1 for a fraction of price. Seller said it has been in use for 1 year but the device was in near pristine, save for few microscratches at the back, slightly warped steel midframe, rattling volume buttons (apparently common to you guys?) and this, unusually short battery life.

I measured the battery life. Went from 100 to 10 in just 6 hours. Despite of light browsing, but heavy use of Android Telegram messenger. Display is at its lowest brightness. On 4G LTE network. Tried on Wifi too, still the same battery life, sometimes even less so. I have denied all apps from running in background to save power. I suppose the battery's max charge has already decreased during 1 year of use by previous owner. What do you guys think? Was that unusually fast if it were a brand new Passport?

And I have difficulty trusting and looking for replacement batteries in Indonesia, it's very hard to find. And if lucky at all, said battery was cannibalized from a dead Passport with unknown use time. Looking around local online shopping websites, all Passport battery photos are identical from one vendor to another, like copy-pasted, with wildly different price range. Complicating matters. Also, there are no third party batteries here. Is it okay to cannibalize from a dead Passport that was in use for less than 1 year? Is it okay to use one of those "original" batteries in the local online shop? Or are there 3rd party batteries you have used and trusted on Amazon, or better, Indonesian shop sites? Please let me know. I'm looking for few parts to make my Passport newer again...

Thank you
    05-27-17 03:14 AM
    Before you assume the battery is the reason for your fast battery drain out I'd check the total talk time to get an idea how much the phone was used. Open the Phone app, go to settings, then call summary..

Also, Android apps drain battery very fast. I'd try and benchmark it first by deleting your Android apps then using it for a day or two to get an idea how long the battery lasts under those circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 07:57 AM
    I have yet to delete Android apps that would undo the Cobalt's Google Play method.. I took a look at BaSA and I saw that the battery health is currently at 86% and has gone through 308 cycles, do you think it is still viable?

I read in other threads that X-Longer's battery looks promising, but I've never found it anywhere on Indonesian online or physical stores. I'd love one.. But I did salvage a battery from a dead few months old Passport, problem is, some guy pried the battery pretty hard until it very, very slightly bent, so, is the battery still useable?

I'm practically SOL when asking for someone else to get that X-Longer battery for me. Boohoo.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 04:13 AM
    I have yet to delete Android apps that would undo the Cobalt's Google Play method.. I took a look at BaSA and I saw that the battery health is currently at 86% and has gone through 308 cycles, do you think it is still viable?
    That battery is just fine, something else must be wrong here.
    05-29-17 05:09 AM

I read in other threads that X-Longer's battery looks promising, but I've never found it anywhere on Indonesian online or physical stores. I'd love one.. But I did salvage a battery from a dead few months old Passport, problem is, some guy pried the battery pretty hard until it very, very slightly bent, so, is the battery still useable?

I'm practically SOL when asking for someone else to get that X-Longer battery for me. Boohoo.

Posted via CB10
    308 cycles is nothing. It's the Android apps that are killings your battery. May just be one or two but that's it. Up to you how to proceed.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 06:48 AM
    What apps are you running?
    I heard that at times the Facebook app uses many resources and drains batteries much faster.

I would take note of your apps, delete them all if you can... and se eif there is a change in battery performance.
    If there is a significant amount of battery kept, I would then load each app black slowly and see which one is draining the battery.

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    05-29-17 11:49 AM
    Can you post a screenshot of the battery screen of device monitor after a day of use?
    05-29-17 11:52 AM