Blackberry passport silver edition
    02-12-19 07:28 AM
    Amazon, EBay, Craigslist, swappa, letgo and pretty much anywhere used phones are sold..
    02-12-19 08:26 AM
    Blackberry passport silver edition
    Just understand that this is a device from 2014 and will be EOL at the end of this year.

BlackBerry World also closes in December.
    02-12-19 09:07 AM
    So it will work after December? Should I go for it or not? Kindly suggest
    02-12-19 09:27 AM
    Thanks chuck will try your suggestions, actually I was trying to find out for last 3 months but very hard luck.
    02-12-19 09:47 AM
    I wouldnt touch it and get a device that will surely be supported for a couple years.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-12-19 10:57 AM
    For email, SMS, and other basic functions - most likely.

App support will be a tough go for the faint of heart.
    02-12-19 11:03 AM
    What has made you consider this device? Once we understand this point we can advise you better because the Passport does not run the Android Operating System. Also there are applications that will no longer work on the device.

If you are looking for a device with a physical keyboard , that can make calls, texts and send and receive emails , take pictures and other basic functions, then yes buy it BUT if you use lots of applications, Facebook, whatsapp etc then honestly consider one of the BlackBerry Key series as these will still provide the keyboard and security but access to many thousand applications.
    02-13-19 12:40 AM
    My usage with the device would be calls, emails and obviously some security that’s it.
    I am using XR and will use this device as a secondary phone because I love the design and feel of the phone that’s the only reason.
    JECE likes this.
    02-13-19 12:47 AM
    There is one on the marketplace for sale....

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1163569
    02-13-19 04:17 AM
    As a secondary device it’s probably fine. Enjoy!
    02-13-19 09:14 AM
    As a secondary device it’s probably fine. Enjoy!
    More likely better if used as third or fourth. We still don't know if emails would work after Dec.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-13-19 09:56 AM
    More likely better if used as third or fourth. We still don't know if emails would work after Dec.
    That would be highly unlikely though. I think it's safe to say that email and SMS will continue to work fine after EOL.

The only thing that could potentially break (although we have heard nothing from BlackBerry on the subject) would be the BBID infrastructure - which means no BlackBerry Protect, no BBM, and no way to backup and restore native apps.
    02-13-19 10:33 AM
    BBM is the i think biggest unknown honestly. I would assume they will shut it down but maybe not. I keep thinking if they are shutting down BBM they would let users know.
    02-13-19 12:48 PM
    My usage with the device would be calls, emails and obviously some security that’s it.
    I am using XR and will use this device as a secondary phone because I love the design and feel of the phone that’s the only reason.
    On that basis , buy it and enjoy it . Check out Amazon India as they have some for sale ( I don't know which variant )
    02-13-19 01:10 PM
    I have one. But I Live in Paris.
    02-13-19 01:42 PM
    BBM is the i think biggest unknown honestly. I would assume they will shut it down but maybe not. I keep thinking if they are shutting down BBM they would let users know.

I am thinking the same thing. BBM enterprise runs off of the same infrastructure, doesn't it?? I would assume the cost of keeping what few remaining BlackBerry 10 users on BBM would be minimal if you have your BBM enterprise clients using the same network.

When BlackBerry releases financials for Q4 I believe next month, we may have a better understanding about SAF revenue and how long they will keep the BBOS network access going.

I know it's been said that the end of 2019 but if BlackBerry is still generating some decent revenue on it and the margin is high, say 90%, they do have the network capacity to have it continue. They had indicated back in 2017 of at LEAST 2 years support for BlackBerry 10 and BBOS. Hopefully BBM lasts a little longer

Posted via CB10
    02-13-19 01:54 PM
    02-13-19 02:38 PM
    I am thinking the same thing. BBM enterprise runs off of the same infrastructure, doesn't it?? I would assume the cost of keeping what few remaining BlackBerry 10 users on BBM would be minimal if you have your BBM enterprise clients using the same network.

When BlackBerry releases financials for Q4 I believe next month, we may have a better understanding about SAF revenue and how long they will keep the BBOS network access going.

I know it's been said that the end of 2019 but if BlackBerry is still generating some decent revenue on it and the margin is high, say 90%, they do have the network capacity to have it continue. They had indicated back in 2017 of at LEAST 2 years support for BlackBerry 10 and BBOS. Hopefully BBM lasts a little longer

Posted via CB10
    Yeah if consumer BBM runs out of the same house as the Enterprise version there might be some hope for an extended life.
    curves2000 likes this.
    02-13-19 02:40 PM
    2019 results so far:

Total revenue, software&services component, SAF component (in millions)

Q1: $217, 193, 16
    Q2: $214, 197, 12
    Q3: $228, 219, 9

So the trendline would say $5-6 million for Q4. Assuming there is a floor level of fixed costs involved (maybe a few $million) to keep this going, I can't see the justification for its continuation.
    Last edited by conite; 02-13-19 at 03:13 PM.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    02-13-19 03:02 PM
    2019 results so far:

Total revenue, software&services component, SAF component (in millions)

Q1: $217, 193, 16
    Q2: $214, 197, 12
    Q3: $228, 219, 9

So the trendline would say $5-6 million for Q4. Assuming there is a floor level of fixed costs involved (maybe a few $million) to keep this going, I can't see the justification for its continuation.

Ya the numbers are falling fairly quickly, I think I had done a rough calculation of approx 500k BBOS users leaving a quarter approx, this was a while back.

That being said on an annual basis we are still talking about $15-20 million in revenue due to the decline, nothing of significance in the grand scheme of a corporation but even a 6-12 month extension wouldn't be negative for BlackBerry's profit. How many sales are they trying to get that would equal a similar profit from their IOT and enterprise software sales?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-19 05:05 PM
    I purchased mine new on amazon
    02-14-19 01:28 AM
    Olx in India is your last chance if you can't find a refurbished or a box piece in delhi.

Get the bbid and password if you pick up a used one or else your money is lost.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-14-19 07:14 AM
    You mentioned that you have an iPhone XR already, so application support will not be an issue. The Silver Edition will make a beautiful addition to your roster. ✔
    02-15-19 09:24 PM