I have noticed all calls have very warm feeling on the ear during calls! I've had this phone for over a month now and always is the same. Kind of uncomfortable while talking on the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 06:58 PM
    Nope, I use a bluetooth headset, maybe you should look into one. Probably not safe to hold a phone so close to your brain

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    11-06-14 07:00 PM
    Haha, ok, I think the same, but this is first BlackBerry I've had with so much heat! Screen is off. Design flaw in my mind...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:07 PM
    I always use speaker phone, lost two friends to brain cancer, both were sales guys that pinned the phone to their heads for countless hours daily weekly monthly yearly.

Heat also can be a signature that you are being tracked. Been there

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:32 PM
    Hi,
    My passport seems to get very warm even on moderate use, specifically on the right hand side . I have had it for just about a week. Usage is not very heavy.
    Hope it's nothing to do with the hardware, and the next update can rectify this issue .

Regards,
    Divakar

Gautham
    11-07-14 12:00 AM
    I have noticed all calls have very warm feeling on the ear during calls! I've had this phone for over a month now and always is the same. Kind of uncomfortable while talking on the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    Yup me too... maybe skype. Remove it. It has heating issue...
    11-07-14 12:14 AM
    Had a 2 min. phone call this afternoon and the Passport really heat up.
    The steel frame does conduct heat, but it is too hot compare with any other phone. It was as if all the chips and things inside were running beyond max level. I wonder if it is a hardware or software problem.
    Anyway, this amount of heat is a waste of energy and if BBRY can fix this problem the battery would last considerably longer.
    11-07-14 11:05 AM
    Had a 2 min. phone call this afternoon and the Passport really heat up.
    The steel frame does conduct heat, but it is too hot compare with any other phone. It was as if all the chips and things inside were running beyond max level. I wonder if it is a hardware or software problem.
    Anyway, this amount of heat is a waste of energy and if BBRY can fix this problem the battery would last considerably longer.
    What is the OS installed? I have not noticed the issue myself with the original one 10.3 but it definitely heats up on 10.3.1
    Maybe due to the non-optimized software for Passport??

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:39 AM
    Hi,
    I have noticed that every time I do a bit of browsing it just heats up like a stove .. other wise the battery is awesome for it lasts for easily two days on moderate use with about 20% charge still left. I think it's the best phone I have used in a long time, ( I said the same about my Z30 and still sticking to it) so I just pray 10.3.1.... would be able to overcome this issue.

Regards,
    Divakar

Gautham
    11-07-14 12:18 PM
    What is the OS installed? I have not noticed the issue myself with the original one 10.3 but it definitely heats up on 10.3.1
    Maybe due to the non-optimized software for Passport??

Posted via CB10
    It is 10.3.0.908.
    Making a call, browsing, watch a short clip, ... almost with anything you do, this phone heats up.
    11-08-14 12:47 PM