Heartbroken (former) Passport user....-sadness.jpg

She's leading your head right now...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 04:18 AM
    Thanks everyone for their concern....
    I finally got some sleep, and through much deliberation, I have decided to save up and get another one. I love that phone man....
    The poster who is selling one in the marketplace, please PM me, I am very interested
    07-16-15 07:12 AM
    Thanks everyone for their concern....
    I finally got some sleep, and through much deliberation, I have decided to save up and get another one. I love that phone man....
    The poster who is selling one in the marketplace, please PM me, I am very interested

Since you are a member since 2009, and these are extenuating circumstances, I have authorised you for the marketplace. You should now be able to post there even though you don't have the "post count". I think 6 years at CB qualifies for an exception.

PS Proud owner of a white Passport here!
    retomex likes this.
    07-16-15 08:21 AM
    Nooooooo D:

Posted via my new passport
    07-16-15 08:28 AM
    Everything happens for a reason. Cheer up because life could be worse.
    07-16-15 08:45 AM
    Entertaining post, but unfortunate subject. RIP to your loved one.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:53 AM
    Cool drink coaster now...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:35 AM
    BlackBerry Link backup ftw. It takes like 10 minutes and can save your ***.

From a Classic
    07-16-15 10:18 AM
    I "wrote" a song for the occasion.......

07-16-15 11:35 AM
    This is a tragic story. It may even give some of you nightmares or leave you in a cold sweat...

Let me start by saying, that I never ever post to forums or social media of any kind, but I felt compelled to this morning after my tragic turn of events...

I have (had) been a proud Passport owner since I bought myself one for my birthday in February 2015. I have been a loyal blackberry supporter, and even worked at RIM during their heyday during the early 2000's . I know all the specs and tips and tricks, so when conversation with my peers turned to phones, I was always prepared to shut everyone up with my beautiful passport, and armed myself with every rebuttal for the lames who swore that 'A blackberry cant do that!' in which case I would guffaw and show them that yes, it can do that, and much more...

I was a centrepiece for confrontation, and proudly whipped out my Passport upon request to have a 'phone off' with anyone who dared challenge. My Passport literally never left my side. It was the first thing I touched in the morning (sorry wifey) and the last thing I touched at night (again sorry wifey...)

Anyway, yesterday my twins had swim class, so I got to the community centre a little early from work, where my wife was to meet me with the twins. Since I got there early, I decided to change into my trunks so that when my wife got there, all we had to do was get the boys ready. I changed up, grabbed my Passport and headed to the parking lot to meet my wife. While waiting i decided to get some work done by editing and emailing the agenda for todays finance meeting. 5 mins later my wife and twins arrived. I slid the Passport into my side pocket, whisked the twins into the changeroom, got them ready, and headed to the pool... water was great, and the twins and I had a blast for the next half hour...

When it was time to go, i headed up the pool stairs and felt like my shorts were slipping and going to fall off. As I emerged more, I realized it wasnt my shorts that were heavy, but my pocket.....

Thats when the most awful feeling crept into the pit of my stomach..... I reached down and felt the familiar outline of my trusted and dearest friend....

To say I am heartbroken would be a gross understatement. I havent slept at all. I havent eaten anything since yesterday morning. Im terrified to even take the phone in for servicing at a shop, just for the fear of them telling me officially that my baby is dead, and its time to move on..... Im not even upset about the money i spent on it and now lost. Its much deeper than that. I spent countless hours customizing my baby the way I like it. The ringtones, homescreen and icon layout, the wallpapers and alarms..... (hold on, Im getting emotional again...)

I will never ever take for granted what it means to have a phone that is more than just a phone. I apologize to the blackberry Gods for such a thoughtless and irresponsible mistake. I hope this serves as a lesson to all my fellow crackberry geeks to never let your guards down, and cherish your Passports as if today was the last day you had with her... Veronica, (her name) Ill miss you like no other phone Ive had before you....

R.I.P
    Veronica Feb 2015 - July 2015
    I'll sell you my passport

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 11:48 AM
    Don't be just heartbroken because of piece of plastic. Keep your emotions for live things.

BlackBerry should come up with backup of profile Setting which saved on cloud.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 12:00 PM
    Thanks everyone for your concern...
    I do have my Z30 that I dusted off and am currently using as a backup.... but its not the same...
    While too much time may have passed, you can still attempt to give her CRP.
    See my post on recovering a device that drowned:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post11222213
    07-16-15 12:00 PM
    Don't be just heartbroken because of piece of plastic. Keep your emotions for live things.

BlackBerry should come up with backup of profile Setting which saved on cloud.

Posted via CB10
    I love when people lack the humor and sarcasm genes.
    Sean Fanelli and lysskr like this.
    07-16-15 12:34 PM
    You do realize your talking about a mobile phone, not a real, living and breathing human? Maybe Joaquin Phoenix will make the movie.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 01:49 PM
    You do realize your talking about a mobile phone, not a real, living and breathing human? Maybe Joaquin Phoenix will make the movie.

Posted via CB10
    As poi said...lack of sarcasm genes

Posted via my new passport
    07-16-15 02:33 PM
    Since you are a member since 2009, and these are extenuating circumstances, I have authorised you for the marketplace. You should now be able to post there even though you don't have the "post count". I think 6 years at CB qualifies for an exception.

PS Proud owner of a white Passport here!
    It's the really, really long con.

j/k
    pkcable likes this.
    07-16-15 04:04 PM
    It's the really, really long con.

j/k
    I was thinking that too. Very well thought out scheme to gain entrance to the Marketplace without the relevant number of forum posts.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-16-15 04:30 PM
    bizzcuit, I am so sorry for your loss. May your Veronica rest in peace.
    07-16-15 04:35 PM
    Did the passport dieded???

RIP!
    07-16-15 04:39 PM
    Damn! Reminds of the day I stupidly left my BlackBerry Bold 9000 on a McDonald's counter after ordering a meal to go.10 minutes later I came back : it was gone. I had bought it only three weeks earlier. Killed me
    07-16-15 04:47 PM
    My solution to protect my Passport from such accidents is, it's not pretty but when I have my passport with me when I am at the beach, pool, or fishing I put my Passport in a zip lock bag. Again this isn't pretty but it is very effective when I am by water. The best part you can even make calls and text with the Passport inside the Zip lock bag. I have had my Passport in the Zip lock bag, in my pocket, and was dumped in a pool and no issues. Zip Lock bag works great; my wife even does this now when at the beach with her Z30.

There are specialty water proof bags on shopblackberry.com.. I've done the ziploc gig myself

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:32 PM
    Get over it, it's just a phone, nothing more...
    07-17-15 06:57 AM
    Your kids are ok, your wife is ok and you are ok.
    Bummer about the phone, but it is replaceable.
    07-17-15 07:41 AM
    Check your homeowner or renter insurance (floater with low or no deductible maybe) & credit card (damage or loss may be covered) if you used that... may be covered....
    07-17-15 08:00 AM
    Damn! Reminds of the day I stupidly left my BlackBerry Bold 9000 on a McDonald's counter after ordering a meal to go.10 minutes later I came back : it was gone. I had bought it only three weeks earlier. Killed me
    I got lucky with my 9930, dropped out of the holster as I was getting on the bus, didn't even realize it. Was found by a kind soul, who when not finding a "home" number in the contacts, dialed the "mom" number and told her he thought he had her son's phone. So when I got home, by then in a panic having seen the empty holster, I get a message on my answering machine from my mom, that the guy had called her and he was at such and such a place waiting for me. I shot right over their and got my phone! And even though he did not want anything I went right over to the bartender and paid his tab!
    DarkJoker33 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    07-17-15 08:03 AM
86 1234