I'm sorry if this is something that has already been covered, but I haven't seen anything after a few moments of searching.

This is the situation:

My Apple "ear pod" headphones volume control will not work with my Passport. I very much believe that they worked with the Z10, so I was hoping they would work now.

Thinking that maybe this was an issue that the Passport had a slightly different jack, I bought a pair of Ur Beats hoping that the volume controls would work. They didn't.

After returning the pair of Beats I purchased a pair of Sony headphones that I know that I used on both my Z10 and the iPhone, and the volume controls still don't work.

I noticed that the headphone jack seems to stick out ever so slightly, so perhaps the portion of the jack that sends the volume control input aren't making a connection.

I suppose that the tl;dr of this would be:

Does anyone know of a pair of headphones that have great sound with proper volume support? The in-ear (ear buds?) are a must.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:04 PM
    Quick question, have you compared the tip of these headphones to the ones that came with the Passport? I'm sure the pins are all the same, but maybe the Passport's headphones have a longer tip than the others?

I have a set of Sony headphones that have no issue controlling the volume on the Passport, so I find this rather odd.

I've also heard stores of things like pocket lint and other small junk getting into the headphone port blocking out controls, and in some cases left and/or right channels. Maybe take canned air to the port?

My two cents.
    10-01-14 11:43 PM
    Your not alone. I've been having the issue. Worked fine on the z30, but no luck on the passport. I'm hoping it just a software issue rather then a faulty headphone socket.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 12:17 AM
    Do you know which headphones they are, the model number I mean. I will try the canned air suggestion today after work. I can't believe I didn't think about that. I will also check the jack for any debris.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:51 AM
    Haven't tried mine earpods, but if they don't work I assume that jack on passport is different from z30. Volume control of apple earpods was not working on any other phone then iphone and Z30.

Just tested, no luck with earpods.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mberdych; 10-02-14 at 01:56 PM.
    10-02-14 01:26 PM
    I'm using a pair of BlackBerry premium earbuds I got from amazon with my Passport and the volume/song up/down work perfectly fine. I had the same issue with a pair of iPhone earbuds and my Z30 though. I found I got them to work if I plugged them in then pressed and held the play/pause button on the headphones. For some reason they would work after. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:28 PM
    Yes, earpods simply don't work as on z30, but as I said, no other phone apart iphone does.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:58 PM
    Yes, earpods simply don't work as on z30, but as I said, no other phone apart iphone does.

Posted via CB10
    They work on the Lumia 1520 for sure. So I was just being hopeful.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 02:06 PM
    Hmmm, not sure, I had 1520 but don't remember whether volune was fine. Anyway, passport does not work.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 02:08 PM
    Have to add, that while I love earpods, they sound much worse on z30 then iphone. Not sure about passport. They are however great in my ear, I am even able to fall asleep with them.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 02:12 PM
    They are definitely comfortable now that I got used to them! At first I wasn't so sure, since it was still a little odd.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 02:41 PM