Merry Christmas all!

I had my Passport replaced under insurance about 5 weeks ago (screen break) and since I got the new device I've had an issue with my headphones. Phone is model SQW100-1. I use the oem blackberry headset. When I plug in the headphones, I notice a very regular click-click-click-pause, click-click-click-pause. This goes on for several minutes, and if I try to play any kind of media during this period, the audio will be choppy (video will play fine). After the clicking eventually stops, I will still have a steady, low frequency buzz (more like a very rapid clicking) when playing audio. It's like having white noise in the background.

I've tried the following:

-Hard Reset
    -Reloading OS from backup
    -Turning off headphone audio boost
    -Turning off bluetooth, WiFi, cell radio, etc

This problem does not manifest itself when playing audio files via USB connection to my car, or when streaming thru bluetooth. It seems confined to the headphones.

Anyone have any suggestions, short of getting a bluetooth set of headphones (find them too uncomfortable)? Appreciate any help you guys can offer!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 07:23 AM
    Try a different set of headphones.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    12-25-15 07:34 AM
    Ya the supplied set of headphones did that to me too! There finished! Never had earphones that blew so quickly! Crap. Nice premium materials though.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 08:43 AM
    My OEM headphones screwed the jack and the firing of the bottom right speaker of my passport original 2014. Now bottom right speaker fires weak and the strong, loud, punchy bass and treble just doesnt exist when the phone rings or when im listening to music.

All the 2015 passports sound like this by default too..crappy, weak and low volume without the OEM headphones screwing the jack or the speakers.

2014 passports have real good loudspeakers which deafen your ears at full volume.
    12-25-15 11:04 AM
    I never used the OEM headset, I went out and purchased DNA Pro over the ear- noise isolating headset made for Android.
    They're great, but the BlackBerry Assistant keeps popping up from time to time cutting the music off... very annoying to say the least.
    Then I bought some Sennheiser noise isolating in the ear phones, they work amazingly well.

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    12-27-15 10:28 AM
    Turn active with mute key off.
    12-27-15 10:46 AM