Hey guys,

So I've had my passport for roughly a year now (I haven't checked the exact date but right around there) and for a while now the audio (headphone) jack on my Passport has been loose. Headphones still work if they are plugged in all the way, but the cable will slip out on its own with the slightest amount of upward pressure.

It's quite annoying as if I'm just, say, walking down the street they will likely become unplugged just by me walking. I love the phone otherwise, but one of the main things I use it for is listening to music so this is a relatively big deal for me.

My question is, is this something covered under warranty? Point could be moot if its been over a year, I know, but I'd like to at least find out if its worth contacting BB over.

Thanks!
    11-09-15 08:34 AM
    I think the headphone jack can be replaced by the user. not sure if it's covered under warranty. Check on that first but what about a you tube video to help you DIY?
    11-09-15 10:35 AM
    Hey guys,

So I've had my passport for roughly a year now (I haven't checked the exact date but right around there) and for a while now the audio (headphone) jack on my Passport has been loose. Headphones still work if they are plugged in all the way, but the cable will slip out on its own with the slightest amount of upward pressure.

It's quite annoying as if I'm just, say, walking down the street they will likely become unplugged just by me walking. I love the phone otherwise, but one of the main things I use it for is listening to music so this is a relatively big deal for me.

My question is, is this something covered under warranty? Point could be moot if its been over a year, I know, but I'd like to at least find out if its worth contacting BB over.

Thanks!
    If the phone is over a year old from date of purchase and from a authorized dealer than it is not covered by BlackBerry any longer.

If you can find the part how ever. And your mechanically inclined, than it is possible to replace the port as it is only screwed onto the motherboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:37 PM
    Thanks for the replies! I haven't been able to find the part so far is the problem too - I think I could replace it on my own if I were able to find a spare.
    11-10-15 08:48 AM
    Sometimes lint gets caught in there. Maybe run a paperclip through it?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:42 AM
    Its not that the cable won't go down all the way into the jack though, its that somehow the jack has become "wider." I'll try that just in case though, thank you!
    11-10-15 03:59 PM
    Its not that the cable won't go down all the way into the jack though, its that somehow the jack has become "wider." I'll try that just in case though, thank you!
    Your not the only one with close to that issue.
    The Passports I've had all clip the head phones in great for about the first month, than they become worn in and the slightest tug can make it disconnect.
    When I look at mine closely compared to another devices port while plugged in, I notice the post of the headphones don't go as far down. It sticks up about 1/16" more on Passport.
    And I'm a heavy user of the headphones and AUX cable on a daily basis.
    So I know what your talking about.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:41 PM