This could be a software issue. Maybe the signal needs to be different depending on what you are outputting to. If it is just earphones it is not an issue but an external amplifier (like a car stereo) needs a different power level.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 12:28 PM
    I think the people are talking about when you plug an auxiliary cord into the phone, and then into their car or some other speakers.

That's an issue I have too. The physical speakers on the Passport, are like you said...really good. But whenever I would plug in my Passport to my car using the auxiliary cord, it never got very loud compared to my iPod touch or iPad which turns up really loud.
    Yes that's the only time audio is low for my liking. That's why I purchased the axillary cord I previously posted.

It tricked my passport into thinking I have headphones plugged in. And now I get just a little more loudness out of the audio playback thru my cars headset.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-08-16 10:59 PM
    Yes that's the only time audio is low for my liking. That's why I purchased the axillary cord I previously posted.

It tricked my passport into thinking I have headphones plugged in. And now I get just a little more loudness out of the audio playback thru my cars headset.

Hi, how did you get the Headphone Boost option in the Main Volume setting? I don't have that option at all, even when a headphone is plugged in.

The audio output of my passport is poor. The call volume is very low. I was at a mall one day and couldn't hear anything the person on the other end was saying, so I called from my Q10...

Even in my car stereo, the volume output is significantly lower than my Q10. I have to increase the volume by 75% more than what I need to if if I were using my Q10 for car output.
    02-09-16 12:46 AM
    Hi, how did you get the Headphone Boost option in the Main Volume setting? I don't have that option at all, even when a headphone is plugged in.

The audio output of my passport is poor. The call volume is very low. I was at a mall one day and couldn't hear anything the person on the other end was saying, so I called from my Q10...

Even in my car stereo, the volume output is significantly lower than my Q10. I have to increase the volume by 75% more than what I need to if if I were using my Q10 for car output.
    It's in settings and under main volume.
    But it only activates when using certain carriers SIM cards.

02-09-16 05:12 AM
    I've read a few forum post of others having the issue also. But haven't found a solution. This is for my BB Passport.

Here is the issue. Playing music or streaming Slacker Radio. The audio output from the Passport is really low. Can use the same headphones, auxiliary cables and out to the same devices. From my BB Z30 or iPhone the audio out put is fine, in all cases.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem thanks?
    OP....
    I've found a solution for you. It works great. I have both devices.
    I'm working on getting video made for both so everyone can see for them selves.
    Their called Sound Shocker and Sound Shocker Pro. Check out the link....

http://phpaudio.jigsy.com/passive-preamp

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:22 AM
    Speaker Boost doesn't work with Passport! Not with mine anywayz!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 06:11 PM
31 12