I've read a few forum post of others having the issue also. But haven't found a solution. This is for my BB Passport.

Here is the issue. Playing music or streaming Slacker Radio. The audio output from the Passport is really low. Can use the same headphones, auxiliary cables and out to the same devices. From my BB Z30 or iPhone the audio out put is fine, in all cases.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem thanks?
    01-27-16 08:21 AM
    I've read a few forum post of others having the issue also. But haven't found a solution. This is for my BB Passport.

Here is the issue. Playing music or streaming Slacker Radio. The audio output from the Passport is really low. Can use the same headphones, auxiliary cables and out to the same devices. From my BB Z30 or iPhone the audio out put is fine, in all cases.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem thanks?
    Headphones volume low
    Or audio output volume low?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 08:58 AM
    The audio output is low. Use the phone to stream internet radio, Slacker or Spotify. Connect it to the home stereo through the head phone jack.
    01-28-16 08:00 AM
    This has been discussed before. I hate that the Passport has killer speakers but such a weak output when it comes to audio out. I also have a 9900 and that suffers from the same issue and I have to carry a 9780 when I want a proper listening experience. Btw, I keep volume at max so I might have an issue )) I also avoid connecting the Passport to my speakers due to the weak output.

Posted via my Black Passport
    01-28-16 08:17 AM
    The audio output is low. Use the phone to stream internet radio, Slacker or Spotify. Connect it to the home stereo through the head phone jack.
    This is what I use in my car. It turns the auxiliary cord from audio output to headset output. Then I can use the audio boost setting.

But audio boost is not available for all carriers.
    Attached Thumbnails Headphone or Auxiliary output volume is weak.-14566.jpg  
    01-28-16 05:46 PM
    This is what I use in my car. It turns the auxiliary cord from audio output to headset output. Then I can use the audio boost setting.

But audio boost is not available for all carriers.
    Thanks for the posts. I might get something like the cord. I shouldn't have to. Other than the audio out put levels. I am really enjoying the Passport. Just hoped there was a solution out there that anyone heard about. I'm on the Bell network if that helps.

Since there is no word on another all-touch BB10. I will stay with this for awhile. Well, will see if there is a future with BB10.
    02-01-16 11:32 AM
    Thanks for the posts. I might get something like the cord. I shouldn't have to. Other than the audio out put levels. I am really enjoying the Passport. Just hoped there was a solution out there that anyone heard about. I'm on the Bell network if that helps.

Since there is no word on another all-touch BB10. I will stay with this for awhile. Well, will see if there is a future with BB10.
    If your listening to headphones and you go into settings, than into Main Volume
    Is there a setting for headphone audio boost? As in the following picture.
    If yes than the chord will work for you.
    Headphone or Auxiliary output volume is weak.-img_20160201_204710.png

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 07:48 PM
    I use an app called Speaker Boost and my audio out is awesome..

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 09:08 PM
    I use an app called Speaker Boost and my audio out is awesome..

Posted via CB10
    And that application is?

Passport 
    02-02-16 05:26 AM
    Speaker Boost

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 01:25 PM
    It is in the Google Play Store

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 01:28 PM
    Is this original version or silver edition? Reason I ask is that my silver edition has excellent audio output, even when driving my largest headphones I'm usually a couple of clicks away from max volume.

Headphone amps are also an option, there are tons of different ones some of them quite compact.
    02-03-16 11:09 AM
    Is this original version or silver edition? Reason I ask is that my silver edition has excellent audio output, even when driving my largest headphones I'm usually a couple of clicks away from max volume.

Headphone amps are also an option, there are tons of different ones some of them quite compact.
    What's the impedance if you don't mind?

02-03-16 12:39 PM
    I reboot when this happens. Usually it's from having my BT headset connected as well.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    02-03-16 02:02 PM
    What's the impedance if you don't mind?
    My biggest ones are aiaiai TMA-2 with the S-04 speaker units, 32 ohms. They sound great with volume from 0-3 clicks below max (depending on the audio source, mine is a mix of FLAC, MP3 and a few AAC). I use them with my headphone amp sometimes and to be honest I don't notice a major difference in sound quality.

The problem I've been having is that the audio output from the stock player gets garbled. I have to pause and unpause it a bunch until it reverts to normal. It doesn't happen with Neutron player so that's what I've been using.
    02-04-16 01:50 PM
    I've been rather pleased with Passport audio volume all around, I'm listening to music constantly between waking up, classes, and work, going from phone speakers, car auxiliary, headphones, and bluetooth headphones.

I guess it depends on what you're connecting your phone to.. some headphones or speakers just aren't enough without amplification, but that would apply to most any phone. Perhaps it's just certain Passport units?

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    02-05-16 02:12 AM
    My biggest ones are aiaiai TMA-2 with the S-04 speaker units, 32 ohms. They sound great with volume from 0-3 clicks below max (depending on the audio source, mine is a mix of FLAC, MP3 and a few AAC). I use them with my headphone amp sometimes and to be honest I don't notice a major difference in sound quality.

The problem I've been having is that the audio output from the stock player gets garbled. I have to pause and unpause it a bunch until it reverts to normal. It doesn't happen with Neutron player so that's what I've been using.
    I have a pair of Technics (RP-DJ 1200,32 ohms) with a gold plated Oyaide jack. I rarely use the Passport for music, mostly at home through the speakers. I find the volume insufficient when paired with my cans.

The BlackBerry 9780 is able to go a little louder than an iPhone 5 (an excellent device for music but horrible as a phone) so I use that as a music source. When used in parallel, the little Bold makes the Passport hide in shame in regards to audio quality and volume output, which is very strange considering that the Bold is a relatively old device. Might it have something to do with the processor?
    I've had quite a handful of devices over time and generally I've noticed that the Snapdragon powered ones had the worst audio quality... or I might be just too picky.

02-05-16 06:10 AM
    When I'm listening music and turn up the volume above a certain level, there's a pop up, that reminds me that listening to loud music could damage my ears. Is this the same like the "Headphone audio boost" option just implemented in another way. Cause I don't have this option on my Z10.

(But thinking about going PP, so this is interesting for me as well)
    02-05-16 06:41 AM
    If I remember correctly, the passport let the app pop out the same message at about 4-3 clicks away from maximum volume.
    I also do not remember this audio boost option in the settings on my previous Passport I selled a couple of months ago.

I'm from Germany, so the Passport version should be the continental european one. Do not remember the actual version number of the device.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 08:15 AM
    When I'm listening music and turn up the volume above a certain level, there's a pop up, that reminds me that listening to loud music could damage my ears. Is this the same like the "Headphone audio boost" option just implemented in another way. Cause I don't have this option on my Z10.

(But thinking about going PP, so this is interesting for me as well)
    I think certain carriers remove that option or perhaps it varies depending on the handset version. I had 2 8520's, one manufactured in Mexico which had audio boost and another made in Hungary which did not have it. I tried to wipe the second phone and install a different software version but I couldn't get it to appear in the media menu.
    You're right, the warning on BlackBerry 10 phones is the same with the one found on legacy devices.

02-05-16 08:16 AM
    If I remember correctly, the passport let the app pop out the same message at about 4-3 clicks away from maximum volume.
    I also do not remember this audio boost option in the settings on my previous Passport I selled a couple of months ago.

I'm from Germany, so the Passport version should be the continental european one. Do not remember the actual version number of the device.

Posted via CB10
    And was it loud? I mean my Z10 has brilliant sound quality and I can hardly listen music with the volume turned all the way up.

How's your european PP compared to that? Is it at least sufficient?
    02-06-16 10:42 AM
    I didn't noticed a difference in clearness, loudness or even overall sound quality at all. But I have to mention that I only used the headphones out of the box, no bigger headphones.
    Hadn't had any problems with audio output at all on this device for my personal use.

Keep in mind, that especially audio is heard different by anyone so I can't promise that everyone would have the same opinion on that like the one I had.

Posted via CB10
    markus2107 likes this.
    02-06-16 12:19 PM
    The audio prowess of the Passport is one of the best I've ever heard! It's odd that some of you are experiencing such problems. Maybe you've got defective hardware?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-06-16 06:37 PM
    I have an issue with output jack when outputting to a speaker. It's not my cable. Sometimes it works ok. Depends on the loudness of the audio I suspect.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 10:02 PM
    The audio prowess of the Passport is one of the best I've ever heard! It's odd that some of you are experiencing such problems. Maybe you've got defective hardware?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I think the people are talking about when you plug an auxiliary cord into the phone, and then into their car or some other speakers.

That's an issue I have too. The physical speakers on the Passport, are like you said...really good. But whenever I would plug in my Passport to my car using the auxiliary cord, it never got very loud compared to my iPod touch or iPad which turns up really loud.
    02-07-16 03:42 AM
31 12