Anyone have any suggestions on what to do about trying to use the HDMI hookup on the Passport? Every time I hook it up, it works for short period of time, then disconnects. I try to manually reconnect it in settings and it and I get a message saying to connect the cables. The cables were never disconnected though.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 10:01 PM
    Sounds like a disconnect problem to me. For this reply, I'll disregard your contradiction about "every time I hook it up" and
    "The cables were never disconnected" (Just kidding with you)

This is most likely one of those times when it's the little things that cause big problems.
    I'm going to assume that you take good care of your device, clean it regularly and so on. But what about those tiny little
    jacks and rocker buttons... dust and particles that you miss breathing in can collect in the smallest of places.

For cleaning the glass and (for that matter monitors, wide screen tv's and so on) a mixture of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 filtered water in a spray bottle is the only thing that should be used. And always keep a can of condensed air handy to blow out the buildup of dust in those ports.
    On the cable side, you'll want to make sure that the ends are clean. Oils from you fingers build up and can cause a bad connection.
    And, lastly, try not to "kink" the cables. better to roll them. You put enough kinks in those little cables and you've got another bad connection.

If you still have this issue after the above suggestions, then we'll try having you watch shorter movies and see how that goes.
    12-21-16 04:38 AM
    That was helpful and funny at the same time. Lol
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    12-21-16 04:54 AM
    That was helpful and funny at the same time. Lol
    I know I've said it before but, I was so out of line at out first meeting ( again I'm real sorry for that,) I wasn't sure if you'd ever talk to me again. I've come to rely on you for you tips and passport knowledge . This compliment, coming from you, is much appreciated.

Now, I feel good again if i need to bust your chops for any reason.
    You're good people passporter!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    12-21-16 06:53 AM