I am wondering about folks' experiences with various HDMI adapters. This one seems to show up on both shop BlackBerry and Crackberry: ShopBlackBerry Online Store - SlimPort HDMI Adapter. But I see very mixed reviews on Amazon. What experiences have you had with this, or are there better ones you can recommend? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 05:48 PM
    I bought one with good reviews and it was a pile of garbage.

I recommend getting a miracast adaptor instead.

Work Wide and Prosper
    07-11-15 06:13 PM
    I've used hdmi cables with my Q10 BlackBerry PlayBook and other devices if they don't fail themselves you'll eventually pinch the cable.
    My Slimport from Amazon never worked from day one, to this day I have tried to connect it to well over 15 television sets at families friends work and hotels sets still never worked.

My Microsoft Display adaptor came earlier today and I couldn't be happier. No cables no stuttering or lag and I got it for 25$ on Amazon.
    I've been using it most of the day and it's a breath of fresh air I'm planning to get two more, one for the bedroom and basement.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-11-15 06:32 PM
    I bought one from Amazon will go back and check the make and model. It has been pretty good for the most part. Sometimes it will disconnect and I have pull the HDMI cable out and plug it back in.

It never really worked with my nexus tablet.

Also you know they are sold on shop BB as well right

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:26 PM
    I bought the official Slimport for HDMI and VGA 2-in-1 adaptor. Both work well. But I have only tried them once and have not got a chance to use then for anything

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:43 PM
    Thanks, everyone! Sounds like I should learn more about mirra cast option. On the balance, that seems like a more reliable option.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 08:25 PM
    I have bought the one off shopblackberry. Been great. No issues. It also charges at the same time.

I also have miracast. Miracast is great. I use the Netgear PTV3000 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 08:45 PM
    Miracast adapter

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 08:58 PM
    I bought one with good reviews and it was a pile of garbage.

I recommend getting a miracast adaptor instead.

Work Wide and Prosper
    Mine works beautifully. It is from shop blackberry and I use it almost every day.
    Miracast does not work at 1.5Gb/s or higher as needed for HDMI quality.
    Only 60GHz WiGig will do that but, as of last month, only a Chinese phone is equipped with that.
    Sorry to disappoint all you miracast fans out there, but the hardware electronics behind miracast is simply not up to uncompressed raw hdmi speeds.

Check
    www.sibeam.com
    And
    www.perasotech.com
    Last edited by sorinv; 07-12-15 at 12:44 AM.
    Ecm likes this.
    07-12-15 12:16 AM
    Mine works beautifully. It is from shop blackberry and I use it almost every day.
    Miracast does not work at 1.5Gb/s or higher as needed for HDMI quality.
    Only 60GHz WiGig will do that but, as of last month, only a Chinese phone is equipped with that.
    Sorry to disappoint all you miracast fans out there, but the hardware electronics behind miracast is simply not up to uncompressed raw hdmi speeds.

Check
    www.sibeam.com
    And
    www.perasotech.com
    Seeing as I only occasionally want to look at my screen in larger size and want to stream a youtube clip or view a presentation, it's more than fast enough.

No one is going to be streaming 4K blurays.

Work Wide and Prosper
    07-12-15 02:27 AM

My Microsoft Display adaptor came earlier today and I couldn't be happier. No cables no stuttering or lag and I got it for 25$ on Amazon.
    I've been using it most of the day and it's a breath of fresh air I'm planning to get two more, one for the bedroom and basement.

This works great for me as well. Works with my laptop as well, so it's one solution for both.
    byex likes this.
    07-12-15 09:41 PM
    This works great for me as well. Works with my laptop as well, so it's one solution for both.
    Also going to try this Microsoft adapter as well. Get rid of the bulky netgear unit.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 10:42 PM
    Also going to try this Microsoft adapter as well. Get rid of the bulky netgear unit.

Posted via CB10
    I have the Microsoft one. It's very nice.

They kept the software very simple. Just waits for a connection. All the special features they unloaded on the smartphone side.

Works awesome, a little pricy, but worth it. I like the Microsoft OEM stuff.

Work Wide and Prosper
    07-13-15 01:25 AM
    I have the Microsoft one. It's very nice.

They kept the software very simple. Just waits for a connection. All the special features they unloaded on the smartphone side.

Works awesome, a little pricy, but worth it. I like the Microsoft OEM stuff.

Work Wide and Prosper
    I picked up the mircrosoft adapter. Connects quickly but I can't get sound to play through the TV. I checked the TV settings and it's set to TV speakers. Video plays fine but no sound coming out of the TV or the phone.

Anyone else experience this?
    And is there a way to have video playback in wide mode rather than the Passport aspect ratio when playing video to TV through the adapter?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 09:53 PM
    I picked up the mircrosoft adapter. Connects quickly but I can't get sound to play through the TV. I checked the TV settings and it's set to TV speakers. Video plays fine but no sound coming out of the TV or the phone.

And is there a way to have video playback in wide mode rather than the Passport aspect ratio when playing video to TV through the adapter?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't had issues with sound, I do think there are a few specific settings on the Passport to output sound through the TV, look around for those.

For the aspect ratio, you have to use the option to play on. Then choose the adaptor, it will then be full screen. And you can still use your phone at the same time.

Work Wide and Prosper
    07-13-15 11:16 PM
    For the sound problem try it with bluetooth switched off.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 04:11 AM
    For the sound problem try it with bluetooth switched off.

Posted via CB10
    My bluetooth is off. Still no sound. It's weird. Going to try it on another TV and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 12:44 PM
    I'm planning to buy a slimport to HDMI adapter because on my TV (sadly doesn't support Miracast nor intend to buy one which does because I live in rental) I used to use a 3m HDMI cable for my laptop only to reach the bed, mostly for Youtube.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 05:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Your Microsoft Display Adapter has a reset button on the back on the wire end reset it, while you're at reset/ restart your phone. Let us know if it works.
    Press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
    When the button is released, you will see the LED light blink on the adapter and a message on the TV that indicates it is resetting, wait until it indicates "Ready to connect".
    Once the reset is complete, you will need to reconnect your devices to the adapter.

07-15-15 05:22 PM