03-17-15 12:17 AM
45 12
tools
    Anyone else experiencing problems? Can open the app and then see a blank white screen after pressing "view files". Using Dropbox via Web Browers in the interim. Tried restarting my phone a few times, tried deleting Dropbox app and reinstalling...still nothing?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:01 PM
    Are you trying to open a folder with a TON of items in it? If so, that's likely why. Folders with a ton of stuff in them, say images for example, often cause it to 'stall' out like that. It's part of the API to cut out like that. :/
    01-09-15 08:06 PM
    Good find. I am having the same problem and confirmed that I am still able to sign in via the Internet so it must be an app issue.

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-09-15 08:06 PM
    Mine is the same. In file manager if I go to dropbox, it will take a long time before the spinning stops and the directory structure shows up.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-09-15 08:08 PM
    Hmm, read this and just tried it on my Z30, and same problem. Never had this happen before and was just using Dropbox yesterday.
    Something is up.
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-09-15 08:11 PM
    Oh yeah, just checked mine as well.. def. an issue going on. Nothing on DB status yet though - https://status.dropbox.com/
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-09-15 08:11 PM
    Are you trying to open a folder with a TON of items in it? If so, that's likely why. Folders with a ton of stuff in them, say images for example, often cause it to 'stall' out like that. It's part of the API to cut out like that. :/
    No really simple small folder. I clean out and backup my Dropbox regularly so only is less than 2GB full. I cannot even see any folders?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:16 PM
    Same issue. Yep there's a problem. I can usually access with no problems. Weird. I'll take a look tomorrow. If not by the - wait did I see something on Dropbox that they are doing maintenance on the 9th? Sounds like I remember hearing something about this this week.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    01-09-15 08:36 PM
    Yep, having the same issue. The connect to dropbox app was showing it was up to date and in sync but the files manager app doesnt show anything... im on Passport.

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-09-15 08:46 PM
    Thanks for the replies, good to know others have this issue. Hopefully can be up and running soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:59 PM
    Yes! I am having the exact same issue.

However

1. When I try to copy a file from a device folder(images) to the root dropbox mobile folder it says, "can't copy files to a read-only folder."

2. When I use Blend to copy an image from the same folder to the root dropbox mobile folder it says,
    "An error occured. This action can't be completed."

3. When I drag a file from my desktop to the root dropbox mobile folder the file is visible in the Blend viewport, dropbox server updates/syncs, but the file is still not visible on the phone.

Box works fine. Setting up Msft One Drive.

Would this be an issue with the dropbox app's folder permissions?

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-09-15 10:32 PM
    I just noticed the same exact issues as mentioned above on my Passport. So glad I checked CB 1st or else I would have been deleting and reinstalling the app. Mine was working perfectly just a little bit ago, so it must be some sort of Dropbox thing.
    01-09-15 11:07 PM
    Another issue I am having with DB: impossible to attach an XL file to a mail anymore. I have to go to the XL file and email it, cannot do it the oher way round anymore!! Very annoying.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    01-10-15 01:18 AM
    I just set up MSFT One Drive and it's working flawlessly. Box also works.

Can anyone confirm that this application is working for them?
    01-10-15 08:01 AM
    It's still not working for me either.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:42 AM
    This is a screen shot of when I'm seeing when I try to access the dropbox cloud and copy an image via the File Manager

FileHaving problems with Dropbox on Passport-img_20150110_175229.jpg

Can someone maybe try doing the same?
    01-10-15 11:23 AM
    Dropbox has been hacked!

Jk; the system still appears to be down however.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:34 AM
    Me too having exactly the same problem. Yesterday it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:34 AM
    Hmmm has anyone contacted Dropbox about this? I use this as a central part of our business. Honestly no Dropbox hmmm that would be a serious blow.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-10-15 12:40 PM
    Guys, although the problem does not seem to be affecting every BB10 user universally, it is not limited to the Passport.
    I have started a more general thread to try to get more info on who is affected, including handset, OS, and Carrier.
    So far I see no pattern based on those three factors.
    The thread is here -

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anyone-989569/
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-10-15 12:48 PM
    01-10-15 02:10 PM
    Guys, although the problem does not seem to be affecting every BB10 user universally, it is not limited to the Passport.
    I have started a more general thread to try to get more info on who is affected, including handset, OS, and Carrier.
    So far I see no pattern based on those three factors.
    The thread is here -

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anyone-989569/
    Z30 not working

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 02:11 PM
    Guess there's still no fix. Works fine on desktop and iPhone, just not BB. Stopped yesterday for me.
    01-10-15 07:47 PM
    Hey Bla1ze - why no article or headline on CB about the issue? Seems that it would attract more attention and help get more eyeballs on a fix. Seriously impacting some of us who rely on this.
    01-11-15 04:02 PM
    Hey guys I had the same issue too with my Passport but it's now back to normal for me

I did several things all together at once so I'm not sure exactly which step I did turn my dropbox back to work, anyway...these are what I did
    1.) deletted dropbox from my Passport
    2.) deregister my Passport from my dropbox access list in the security section on the dropbox website
    3.) disable "Blackberry 10" access in the security section on dropbox website

After I did these, I reinstalled my dropbox and everything works fine again!
    nglfmark, simplyfabio and ATMJOE like this.
    01-11-15 10:41 PM
45 12