04-07-17 04:36 PM
87 ... 234
tools
    Well I'm definitely noticing my battery discharging must faster than normal. I'm using my phone slightly more than normal but I feel this is the effect of running Android apps unfortunately. Regardless, the apps on Conites website rock.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    03-31-17 02:05 PM
    Try Facebook Lite app.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/faceboo...-apk-download/

DTEK60 / Z30
    I've tried Facebook Lite before and found it quite basic, although it seems the most recent updates brought it closer to the full Android app (it even includes "reactions"), so I got curious to use it again.

It's far better than before, nonetheless two things which seem to be missing (and are useful to me) are the "Saved" section and a way to disable the in-built browser. I detest the in-built browser on the full app in my PRIV and it's annoying on the Lite as well.

I just hope all these improvements don't end up killing the "compatibility" with BB10.

Alternatively, I had been using a mobile web wrapper app offered through BlackBerry World, "Face Slim", which works ok: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59993997

It sometimes laggs a bit, may encounter bugs when typing and doesn't download pictures (although it has the option). It has basic Hub notifications, so if anyone is curious, give it a try.

P.S. The aforementioned comments are just my view to help out other BB10 users. I use my PRIV as main device, so have no problems with Facebook.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    03-31-17 03:32 PM
    I installed the latest Facebook Lite and once in a while it did pause or freeze momentarily. I can't say there is much benefit to the type of notifications provided in the HUB. The native browser shortcut I placed on my home screen works just fine. In fact I've saved shortcuts to my weather and banking app and many others so when I transition to android I will have as few apps installed as possible. Nougat will provide much needed improvements to controlling background processes but that only happens once developers update their apps. Using the browser offers complete control.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 05:33 PM
    I installed the latest Facebook Lite and once in a while it did pause or freeze momentarily. I can't say there is much benefit to the type of notifications provided in the HUB. The native browser shortcut I placed on my home screen works just fine. In fact I've saved shortcuts to my weather and banking app and many others so when I transition to android I will have as few apps installed as possible. Nougat will provide much needed improvements to controlling background processes but that only happens once developers update their apps. Using the browser offers complete control.

Posted via CB10
    Very progressive!
    03-31-17 05:58 PM
    Very progressive!
    Pardon me I meant android "O" not Nougat

Actually more progressive than you may think, Google is experimenting with with webaps currently

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 06:22 PM
    You're right. At times, the phones gives me a lot to complain about?

1- how long have you had BlackBerry for and how many different BlackBerry phones?

2- you mean to tell me you've never experienced laggy typing in a browser or facebook? I find that hard to believe... it's been an issue that's plagued BlackBerry since forever. Long before bb10 came around.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    ....first world problems.....i can't speak for the poster that you're referencing, but I personally have had about 10 BlackBerry phones starting with the first colour model with the thumb wheel...7580...or 7850...something like that...I generally buy the top end phones...but I have had a Q5 and a Curve...all have performed great...sometimes crappy apps can cause issues...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    03-31-17 06:50 PM
    Pardon me I meant android "O" not Nougat

Actually more progressive than you may think, Google is experimenting with with webaps currently

Posted via CB10
    I absolutely was not being sarcastic there. I usually ride that line where when I am I miss, and when I'm not, people think I am.

I use Web shortcuts on my Classic and the main reason that I am hesitant to buy a new device is that I don't really feel the 'need' yet. Want one though, absolutely! But the app gap was shadowed with the 'want what everyone else has' fallacy. I could care less about Snapchat and, with the exception of that, haven't found anything else that I can't do with BB10 one way or another.
    03-31-17 07:56 PM
    I don't run it on passport/ other blackberry device

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-31-17 08:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Try Face Slim, it's a web wrapper built around the mobile site, which has the advantage of not having to use the browser to view Facebook, while also providing the same options, except for downloading photos, which for some reason doesn't work.

Something I've also liked is that the Hub notifications, while basic and similar to Facebook Lite, give a rather more informative preview. The app also works with the "share" feature from the native browser and elsewhere.

Likewise, if you have Messenger Lite installed it ca be linked with the "view profile" option. Lastly, it has an option to clear cache and doesn't have an in-built browser, unlike Facebook Lite.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 03-31-17 at 10:10 PM.
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    03-31-17 09:53 PM
    I feel it's my duty to report that battery life is NOT impacted with these apps... it was simply that I was using my phone more than ever before with these amazing, newfound apps. If I use my phone in the same manner as previously, battery life is unchanged. Loving that apk dump.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    04-05-17 10:43 AM
    Very progressive!
    Actually I reinstalled Facebook Lite and decided to keep it. It does work well as does Signal Private Messenger, Telegram and looking forward to trying Whatsapp.
    My Passport has new life again. thank you

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 03:59 PM
    Actually I reinstalled Facebook Lite and decided to keep it. It does work well as does Signal Private Messenger, Telegram and looking forward to trying Whatsapp.
    My Passport has new life again. thank you

Posted via CB10
    No kidding right?! Love this apk dump it's gave me a new love for my phone.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    04-07-17 04:36 PM
87 ... 234