I get a lot of, lets call it mockery, for carrying a passport. Even the priv when i carry it is almost certain to gather some sort of jeer "Oh, didn't know they still made blackberry". The only other person i know that has blackberry devices of course gets the same thing.

The more i think about it, they're not entirely wrong are they? I mean have you ever seen another passport on the street? Heck, I'll settle for any modern blackberry device. a classic? a leap? a priv? I know quite a few people and I can tell you who owns galaxies or iphones or htcs or even flip phones from 2004. I know more people that had the nokia lumia 1020 than did blackberries
    01-27-17 01:40 AM
    I've seen one of my co-workers using a Passport. But so far in my circles, they all fascinated at my Passport but they didn't want to get them because I tell them that this BlackBerry is very "technical" stuff. If you doesn't know what you're doing, then your Passport are gone.

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    01-27-17 02:15 AM
    Only seen one other Passport. It was white. Guy in front of me in security line at Addis Ababa airport. Tried to ask him about it but I didn't speak is language. Showed him mine, his expression was like whatever.
    01-27-17 02:16 AM
    Only seen one other Passport. It was white. Guy in front of me in security line at Addis Ababa airport. Tried to ask him about it but I didn't speak is language. Showed him mine, his expression was like whatever.
    Haha, yes I have had similar when when I've seen a few Classics through work and been told that they are forced to carry it as a work phone and didn't really understand my excitement at meeting a fellow Blackberry user! I've glanced at a few Q10's or Classics on the train to London also.

I have helped a few people out though as they've never explored the possibilities of their phone which has been nice. I even sideloaded some apk's a few years ago before we had Amazon app store or Cobalt's Play store. Never seen another Passport though.

Initialy I get a bit of mockery on seeing my Passport because some people think its ancient (Bold era) but once I explain (or bore!) that its pretty new and it helps me enormously with work emails and files AND still keeps up with everything else I need a phone to do then mockery turns to respect and possibly envy once I've shown a few things off. The main things to show are just that modern apps work from Google Play (okay I slightly bend the truth!) and the magnificent email keyboard shortcuts, hub, gestures and peek.

I think people are happy with their Android and iPhones but having tried both, for me anyway, I know I have the best tool for the job.

On the plus side, a good work friend went and bought a Priv as replacement for an iPhone after seeing my Passport and being particularly impressed with the hub. Which means that I get to have a play with BB Android which is impossible in a phone shop!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-27-17 04:09 AM
    no

 Passport Silver Edition SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2206
    01-27-17 04:13 AM
    Haha, yes I have had similar when when I've seen a few Classics through work and been told that they are forced to carry it as a work phone and didn't really understand my excitement at meeting a fellow Blackberry user! I've glanced at a few Q10's or Classics on the train to London also.

I have helped a few people out though as they've never explored the possibilities of their phone which has been nice. I even sideloaded some apk's a few years ago before we had Amazon app store or Cobalt's Play store. Never seen another Passport though.

Initialy I get a bit of mockery on seeing my Passport because some people think its ancient (Bold era) but once I explain (or bore!) that its pretty new and it helps me enormously with work emails and files AND still keeps up with everything else I need a phone to do then mockery turns to respect and possibly envy once I've shown a few things off. The main things to show are just that modern apps work from Google Play (okay I slightly bend the truth!) and the magnificent email keyboard shortcuts, hub, gestures and peek.

I think people are happy with their Android and iPhones but having tried both, for me anyway, I know I have the best tool for the job.

On the plus side, a good work friend went and bought a Priv as replacement for an iPhone after seeing my Passport and being particularly impressed with the hub. Which means that I get to have a play with BB Android which is impossible in a phone shop!
    I get the same relic comments about my PP too.

Only BB10 I ever touched that wasn't mine belonged to a guy I was hunting with. He pulled a Z10 out of his pocket and I was surprised because he wasn't the type to own one. Said work pushed it on him and he hated it. Turns out he was never given instruction about how to use it. (and we wonder why BB10 is dying) We sat there on a ridge and I showed him how it all works. He warmed up to it. Did not get a moose that day. The sacrifices we make for BlackBerry.
    01-27-17 04:58 AM
    Tbh only once ever! A black passport and it was a year ago. No signs of blackberry since then
    01-27-17 05:10 AM
    One. It was an OG while I was still on the Z30. A long time ago that is.

[EDIT] I did see the SE once in the wild. That's when I was sporting it myself too. I've seen nearly a handful of Classics in the last year though. If it wasn't for me encountering the Classics, I would've been in possession of more BlackBerry 10 devices then I've seen outside. Crazy!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 05:25 AM
    Yes. Seen a guy using an SE on the tube into London, a lady using an OG in the City, & someone told me a colleague of his uses that weird square shaped BlackBerry.
    Seen one Priv, being used by a guy in Marks & Spencer store in City of London.
    Still see the occasional Bold, Curve, Classic, etc.
    01-27-17 06:05 AM
    The BlackBerry Passport is a unique form factor that doesn't appeal to everyone. Most people are shocked about its size, which in reality, it may be wider, but not taller than other phablets out there. At the end of the day, it's size and legibility for my unfortunately aging eyes, is a big appeal for me.

Additionally, I don't care what other people think. Never have.

Posted via CB10
    dbq10 likes this.
    01-27-17 07:10 AM
    Yes, several. Mostly the SE, but a few OG as well. No surprisingly here in Alberta.
    01-27-17 07:28 AM
    Just the other day I had to go to a funeral and all of us old friends were invited to a restaurant for a lunch. My friends always laugh at the fact I have a BlackBerry Passport when I have always been the guy to have the latest and greatest toy. Well one of my friends that showed up makes approx $600,000.00 a year give or take and he could have any phone he desires (or car for that matter) but he also had a black Passport. Laying on the table for everyone to see. When he found out I had the same phone it was now a little BlackBerry reunion lol. I didn't hear any jokes that day ha ha.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-27-17 07:45 AM
    I have only seen one Passport in the wild, and it was a black OG. I do live in the Philippines, where everybody either has an iPhone or non-BB Android device of some sort, so there's that.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 07:49 AM
    The only other one I've seen besides my wife's was while I was working at the Source last summer and a lady customer brought one out in a flip case. Then again, she wasn't from this area. Even when I got mine 2 years ago, the local Rogers store did not have it and had to order it for me!
    01-27-17 09:38 AM
    I'd never even seen an at&t variant, and i thought out of all the passports that'd probably be the one i'd see.

Turns out when i was in at&t store about 4 months after they came out to get my kid a new SIM, i asked about them. The guy said none of the stores in my town had stocked them. I guess just because they don't do enough business or the right kind of business. He said the only at&t store in the area that got them was at the large mall about 60 miles away. Its one of the busiest stores in the state according to the guy.

Most average people i think buy phones from the carrier and dont even know about or cant afford unlocked phones. so if they werent even available at the stores, why would anyone even consider it unless the knew exactly what they wanted
    01-27-17 10:54 AM
    i've seen three people with the BlackBerry Passport in the wild. in the city of london you see the standard 9900 still being used among a surprisingly number of people still.

When I pull out my BlackBerry devices Q10/9790/9320 even my playbook people say "oh BlackBerry is dead" Even the shop that i bought the playbook from 2 weeks ago said that they have shut down the BlackBerry World.. all I had to was laugh.. he got the message.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    01-27-17 11:08 AM
    I have seen someone with a passport after driving home in the bus from the university. I was really surprised. Also I have seen someone with a q10 or q5 I guess

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    01-27-17 11:13 AM
    None here. Everyone who sees mine though seems to go into shock the first time. I've seen 0 bb10 devices in my area, but I live in a small town and work in a smaller town. But I have gotten the "Blackberrys still alive?" as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 11:35 AM
    One in Westchester County, NYC area. But everyone who sees mine thinks it is unique and beautiful looking!

Posted via CB10
    Jon Wiggy likes this.
    01-27-17 11:55 AM
    Where I work, operation managers and above seem to all have bb10 devices (passport & classics) but they generally complain of the devices being too complicated and only rave about how brilliant they are for emails. I have seen a few users mostly on the tube network but rarely engage in any type of conversation. Not fussed really as I have tried to go on other OS's but keep returning to 10.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 12:14 PM
    I've only ever seen one. An og passport and it was the same week I originally got mine.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 12:22 PM
    To be honest, I believe that I once saw a OG Passport out there but that is it. I own a Classic and a Passport so I have more myself than I have seen in the wild. Hell, I see more BBOS phones out there than BB10. It isn't that rare to see a 9900 as some companies are still using those, I have one that I still break out now and then myself. I remember vividly, back in the day, when I owned my 9700 and 9800 that you'd see berries everywhere. I blame RIM though. If only then they worked on and released BB10 I think things would have been different.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-27-17 01:24 PM
    To be honest, I believe that I once saw a OG Passport out there but that is it. I own a Classic and a Passport so I have more myself than I have seen in the wild. Hell, I see more BBOS phones out there than BB10. It isn't that rare to see a 9900 as some companies are still using those, I have one that I still break out now and then myself. I remember vividly, back in the day, when I owned my 9700 and 9800 that you'd see berries everywhere. I blame RIM though. If only then they worked on and released BB10 I think things would have been different.
    Alternate reality: BB10 launched with Storm in 2008. Then we'd all be posting on a thread titled 'Have you seen an iPhone in the wild?'
    01-27-17 02:46 PM
    Twice. Once when I was buying a Z10 off a guy and then just a couple weeks ago a sales rep I was meeting with also had one. He was impressed with my AT&T Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 03:05 PM
    I think I've seen three in the past three years, all original models.
    01-27-17 03:10 PM
159 123 ...