Just want to hear experiences, feedback.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 10:43 PM
    Love it? No.

I switch out phones quite a bit and I'm coming to the passport from an s6. I do like the att version more than the OG passport. The rounded edges and bigger lip makes a more comfortable device. I guess to love a blackberry really depends on what device you're coming from. If your coming from another blackberry then the passport is an upgrade. But if your coming from any other flagship device, then no.

I have a passport because I need to spend less time on my phone. And my passport does that. In fact, my thumbs are starting to ache pressing on the keyboard. And I think I just woke my kid up from the clicking noise.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-22-15 10:57 PM
    Haha haha that's funny. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't ventured from BlackBerry. Thanks for the input and humor though. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 11:02 PM
    Love it? No.

I switch out phones quite a bit and I'm coming to the passport from an s6. I do like the att version more than the OG passport. The rounded edges and bigger lip makes a more comfortable device. I guess to love a blackberry really depends on what device you're coming from. If your coming from another blackberry then the passport is an upgrade. But if your coming from any other flagship device, then no.

I have a passport because I need to spend less time on my phone. And my passport does that. In fact, my thumbs are starting to ache pressing on the keyboard. And I think I just woke my kid up from the clicking noise.

Posted via CB10
    That's funny! You must be really small thumbs and the clicking noise omg that must be a hardware issue you should have it replaced no BlackBerry should wake up a baby!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 11:06 PM
    Just want to hear experiences, feedback.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I love my passport I have the original one in Black and I'm going to order the silver soon looking forward to switching up devices right now I'm using a space grey leap trying to warm up for the slider

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 11:08 PM
    No babies here. In coming from Verizon and a Z30. I should have fun with the phone. I worry about the coverage.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 11:10 PM
    In all seriousness...none of you fellers have achy thumbs from typing?!

And ive had other bbs. From curves, bolds, q10, z10, z30, classic, OG passport, and now att PP. The keyboard makes a significant sound in a quiet room.

Im not bashing BB. Ive been member of this forum for a long time. Im not much of a poster..but i do read it. There are so many things about blackberry that makes me leave it (lags, camera, browser..)

but i always seem to come back. I guess i come back to take a break from the other phones that offers too much.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MO3iusONE and Graahle like this.
    08-22-15 11:41 PM
    No achy thumbs here, but you ain't wrong about the clacky keyboard. That's not to say I mind it. I came to BlackBerry after several years/devices/versions of Android use. I came to realize a) how much time I wasted on Android (in terms of both pointless apps and inefficiency), and b) how little I miss all the crap I thought I needed before. The AT&T model might not be the coolest looking one, but it's a joy to use on a daily basis. I live in a major city (Los Angeles) and I never have any coverage issues, be it voice or data.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    08-23-15 12:29 AM
    I've been with BlackBerry for a long time. My first device was the "Quark" and my last phone before the Passport was the Z10. Coming from the Z10 I have to say I really miss the QWERTY keyboard clicking sound and feel. The virtual keyboard of the Z10 was nice but it didn't offer the physical keyboard shortcuts that I often use.

I enjoy my AT&T Passport. Personally I think it looks and feels better than the Global version.
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    08-23-15 12:42 AM
    I originally had the unlocked passport. It is still a great device in my opinion and others haven't had any screen lifting issues. But I was one of the unfortunate ones that did. I used super glue and repaired it. I sold it letting the buyer know what I did and he still bought it. I immediately purchased the at&t passport out right at my local store. I for one believe that the screen issue was remedied with the at&t passport. Why? Because at&t knew in order for the passport to be sold in their stores, the build of the device needed to change. Blackberry listened and built a passport specifically on at&t terms. As a result, it worked! I can honestly say I love the collaboration of the at&t passport. It is well built, yeah it not the best looking device out of the three and the new SE looks fantastic (some are already experiencing the dreaded screen lifting issue) but I think the at&t passport is the better build. You've made a good choice either way and enjoy the most underrated at&t passport!
    phuoc and Jiggy1971 like this.
    08-23-15 12:44 AM
    I originally had the unlocked passport. It is still a great device in my opinion and others haven't had any screen lifting issues. But I was one of the unfortunate ones that did. I used super glue and repaired it. I sold it letting the buyer know what I did and he still bought it. I immediately purchased the at&t passport out right at my local store. I for one believe that the screen issue was remedied with the at&t passport. Why? Because at&t knew in order for the passport to be sold in their stores, the build of the device needed to change. Blackberry listened and built a passport specifically on at&t terms. As a result, it worked! I can honestly say I love the collaboration of the at&t passport. It is well built, yeah it not the best looking device out of the three and the new SE looks fantastic (some are already experiencing the dreaded screen lifting issue) but I think the at&t passport is the better build. You've made a good choice either way and enjoy the most underrated at&t passport!
    I agree that the AT&T version is a better build & design. However, like the other two versions; it does have the screen lifting issues. I also know that both Global & AT&T versions also have issues with the back logo falling off and double typing.

Not sure if the Silver Edition have double typing or logo falling off problems.
    08-23-15 01:02 AM
    Just got my AT&T Passport a few days ago, I am totally satisfied. The wide screen is even better than I thought and I love the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 and Jiggy1971 like this.
    08-23-15 03:33 AM
    Oh yeah, I am itching.
    sesp9 likes this.
    08-23-15 09:29 AM
    I agree that the AT&T version is a better build & design. However, like the other two versions; it does have the screen lifting issues. I also know that both Global & AT&T versions also have issues with the back logo falling off and double typing.

Not sure if the Silver Edition have double typing or logo falling off problems.
    You are right about the back logo falling off on both and the double typing but this is the first I hear about the at&t variant having the screen lifting issue. If so, can someone with an at&t passport that has a screen lifting issue confirm this?
    08-23-15 09:38 AM
    Had the Red square corner one first and loved it until I dropped it on the pavement and shattered the screen. No Insurance so I went with the AT&T version because I love the passport so much. Well love this one as much except I wish it was RED.
    Have fun your'll love it!
    sesp9 likes this.
    08-23-15 11:25 AM
    You are right about the back logo falling off on both and the double typing but this is the first I hear about the at&t variant having the screen lifting issue. If so, can someone with an at&t passport that has a screen lifting issue confirm this?
    Here is a quick vid of the screen lift

As mentioned in the comments her warp test is not accurate since she didn't take into account for the protruding camera.

There are a handful of others on this forum that had the screen lift fiasco with their AT&T version.
    sesp9 likes this.
    08-23-15 12:02 PM
    Here is a quick vid of the screen lift

As mentioned in the comments her warp test is not accurate since she didn't take into account for the protruding camera.

There are a handful of others on this forum that had the screen lift fiasco with their AT&T version.
    Thanks NYCDweller for providing the link to the screen lifting issue on the at&t passport. I am wrong and it is an issue on all variants of the passport. It really does make you wonder why the engineers at Blackberry didn't resolve a permanent solution by now with the latest SE passport? Why are some not having the screen lifting issues and others do? Is it the user causing it? Or are some passports assembled poorly in the factory?
    Last edited by sesp9; 08-23-15 at 12:26 PM.
    08-23-15 12:10 PM
    Thanks NYCDweller for providing the link to the screen lifting issue on the at&t passport. I am wrong and it is an issue on all variants of the passport.
    You're welcome - like many others on here; we wish you were right. Aside from the AT&T contract cost I decided to get this version with hopes of screen lifting being resolved. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I'm sure that thought process carried over to a lot of people who decided on the Silver Edition.

Please note that this is a problem that effects a small number of units. Enjoy what your phone has to offer and don't worry about "maybe's".
    sesp9 likes this.
    08-23-15 12:25 PM
    I have the AT&T Passport and I love it. No screen lifting and I think it looks better than the other models. I like the rounded edges, and prefer the black look than silver.

I do, however, have double typing. Sometimes it's manageable and sometimes it's terrible. The worst is when I go to use a keyboard shortcut to open an app and instead get the BlackBerry Assistant thinking I'm searching the device.

Nonetheless, this is partially my fault for not turning in the unit for a new one, which I could do at any time. I just do not feel like calling AT&T and I'm hopeful of a software fix. I'll give it another month. Also, not all units suffer from this (just like not all have screen lifting).

Enjoy your new PP! Biggest downside is the lack of cases, but I've been going naked recently with no issues.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2339 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    sesp9 likes this.
    08-23-15 01:53 PM
    I have the AT&T Passport, and I've liked this device since it came out. The rounded edges are great, and it just looks really classy. I have no complaints.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    08-23-15 06:05 PM
    I personally liked the design of the AT&T version over the standard. What's also great about the AT&T model is that it has built in wireless charging (Qi I believe), whereas the standard passport doesn't.
    sesp9 likes this.
    08-23-15 06:23 PM
    Yip, love it as well,

Nice rounded edges look great and the keys on the keyboard and softer and easier to press than the original Passport
    I had.

it's a great phone, you'll love it!
    sesp9 likes this.
    08-24-15 06:46 AM
    I personally liked the design of the AT&T version over the standard. What's also great about the AT&T model is that it has built in wireless charging (Qi I believe), whereas the standard passport doesn't.
    it does??? which charger is compatible??
    08-24-15 08:50 AM
    Only issue for me is no cases!

I got my ATT Passport a few weeks sgo and retired my Z30 Verizon and traded that one for a ATT Classic.
    The Passport is a Beast and the Classic is a back up and good so far
    08-24-15 09:52 AM
    Your situation sounds similar to me. You don't miss the screen size of the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:20 AM
49 12