I've been using a classic now for about two weeks. I'm itching to get a passport. When I ordered the Classic, I didn't really know about the PP.

I got the phone from Amazon, so I can return and upgrade. Amazon has an unlocked PP for $499 in Red!

On the pro side is the larger/better screen, better camera, faster processor, larger keyboard.

On the con, is the fact that I run w/ my phone everyday, and even the Classic is a little heavy to carry in my running shorts to listen to music.

How much better do apps like Kindle run on the passport?

Is it like night and day?

Please help.
    06-15-15 04:38 PM
    I returned the classic and got that Red Passport. Runs smooth as butter.

Posted via CB10
    peterburns likes this.
    06-15-15 05:41 PM
    It's big. That's it's worst and best feature. 3 row keyboard is not the same as a Classic 4 row keyboard. The ALT and SYM keys don't exist on the keyboard so you need on screen for symbols (unless you learn to swipe down on keyboard for on screen symbols) . I can one hand some things on the Classic. I can't do anything one handed except phone calls on the PP. And it feels like a desktop monitor on the face.

It's a completely different form factor. That may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your preferences. It's definitely a beast. But it's also definitely big.

Posted via CB10
    peterburns likes this.
    06-15-15 05:51 PM
    If you get one, get the red one!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 05:56 PM
    You will get used to the size IMO - The shape/form factor is the best ~!
    06-15-15 06:32 PM
    The size shouldn't put you off. You will get used to it in no time.

Be aware that some Android applications do run on Passport, but don't expect all of them running as smooth as they should. In the end, they are still Android running(more like simulating) on BlackBerry.

But I would say, go for it.

P.S. Must get RED.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    06-15-15 07:32 PM
    Have Passport, not thinking of Classic.

The Passport is faster, the camera is better, the screen is fantastic. I was trying to decide between the Classic and Passport back in February. I picked the Passport knowing I could take it back if needed. Haven't thought about doing so since.

The Passport is fabulous. Best phone I've owned. Best mobile device I've owned. In some ways, it's the best computer I've owned.
    06-15-15 08:20 PM
    Are there enough apps to make the price of the PP worth it?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:51 PM
    There seem to be very few apps that work well on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:51 PM
    There's a learning curve to Passport. But once you get used to it, there's no turning back.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-15-15 08:52 PM
    Size is the only downfall if you would consider it a downfall. Otherwise much snappier device then the classic just not as easy to handle.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 09:13 PM
    Size is the only downfall if you would consider it a downfall. Otherwise much snappier device then the classic just not as easy to handle.

Posted via CB10
    Is they keyboard easier to use than the classic?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 11:20 PM
    Is they keyboard easier to use than the classic?

Posted via CB10
    Some say Classic has the best keyboard, specially when you're coming back from a legacy BlackBerry device.

To be honest, the size of Passport is amazing for reading and composing long emails and replies. However the keyboard, although is unique, is not as natural as one would expect. You can't compare the two as both take their own time to get used to. Most people who are coming from legacy devices, do not enjoy the Passport, as it's not as natural to their liking.

I gave myself a month to get used to the keys and now I'm typing on the keyboard with no issues. When you combine the gestures and suggested help, then it's a very rewarding experience.

In the end, it's your own choice, so don't expect you'll get an answer that will be a general one. One thing is for certain, Passport is a two handed phone.

06-16-15 02:16 AM
    There's a learning curve to Passport. But once you get used to it, there's no turning back.

As much as i enjoyed my passport, im alot more happy with my classic. Slower, at times more choppy but such a better typing and transport experience for me. So each to their own

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 09:06 AM
    The fact that you run with your Classic might be a deal breaker for you...Im not sure how easily you will be able to do that with a Passport.

As a few posters have mentioned, if you decide to get a PP, go for RED!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:40 AM