It hasn't replaced any for me though I have cut down on computer usage significantly because it's been very convenient to use my new phone. I've also been able to work more efficiently not being stuck at my desk to respond to emails. I've seen someone mention they sold their laptop for their passport so I got curious about what everyone else is doing.
    09-16-15 08:01 PM
    I still have my 6+ and S6 Edge. I like variety and technology

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 08:14 PM
    Replacing these...

Has your Passport replaced other device types?-img_20150917_061520.jpg

Posted via CB10
    eggman1987 likes this.
    09-16-15 10:17 PM
    I use my passport as a phone. I still use my laptops and pc's like I always did. However, I do more browsing on my passport then I did on my previous BlackBerry's.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    nicky_willz likes this.
    09-16-15 10:20 PM
    Replaced BlackBerry curve..

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:21 PM
    Reduced computer use and Tablet use. Definitely 'go-to' device in most contexts.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:29 PM
    Reduced computer use and Tablet use. Definitely 'go-to' device in most contexts.

Posted via CB10
    Me too! I no longer use my laptop!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    09-16-15 10:31 PM
    It hasn't replaced any for me though I have cut down on computer usage significantly because it's been very convenient to use my new phone. I've also been able to work more efficiently not being stuck at my desk to respond to emails. I've seen someone mention they sold their laptop for their passport so I got curious about what everyone else is doing.
    So did I. Although the Passport is pretty big, the keyboard layout and the screen form factor are still far from ideal (as a pocket computer) so, no, it doesn't help me much. I hope the designers understand its weaknesses and its great future once the weaknesses are addressed.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:33 PM
    I replaced my Jolla Phone and Motorola Razr V6 FE with it and I'm more on my Passport than on my laptop since I got the Passport (though I haven't fully ditched my laptop).

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 01:26 AM
    I do more stuff on it when on the sofa at home. I seldom use my Playbook or Galaxy Tablet except for reading books.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    09-17-15 01:33 AM
    Playbook sidelined,Samsung tablet just for netflix before bed, Z30 media player at night to sleep to, Q10 about to go to my daughter. Laptop, mostly to upgrade my phones and my personal "cloud" storage for my BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 01:38 AM
    The SE replaced my iPhone 6 and Galaxy Note 4.

The SE for me is an all in one tool. It does it all!

The only downside is size while driving...but that's a good thing!!!

Sent via SE Passport
    09-17-15 01:44 AM
    I cannot say that my Passport has replaced any equipment, but my MacBook Pro nor my iPad Air have not been utilised as much since I brought home this Passport!

The fact that the Passport does all that I need, that is the reason why my Passport doesn't leave my side!

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    09-17-15 02:34 AM
    The OP means Passport replacing other device _type_, i.e. using it to replace a PC, a laptop or a tablet, not to replace a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 02:36 AM
    As I mentioned before, if your Passport replaced your usage of laptop, PC and tablets, it means that you don't really need those devices on the first place... the Passport just only made you realise that...

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 05:28 AM
    The Passport was the death of my iPad. BB10 already turned me off that iOS with the Z10 and the Z30, but the power and ease of use of the Passport means I touch that iPad about once a month. It has semi-permanently been given to my son.
    It even means my laptop gets a little less use on the go. Blend, however means that while at home or at the office, PC and laptop still get a lot of use.
    09-17-15 06:00 AM
    As I mentioned before, if your Passport replaced your usage of laptop, PC and tablets, it means that you don't really need those devices on the first place... the Passport just only made you realise that...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly... the PC turns on to play a specific game, to synch my DSLR photos and to print my documents. The Laptop turned out to be my typewriter, no more. On the tablet I read my scientific papers. Everything else is done on this power workhorse!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    09-17-15 07:43 AM
    For me it has reduced laptop use and tablet use. This Black Beauty Passport has tremendously increased my efficiency on the go. And let's not forget that it certainly is more portable. I am not weighed down with a backpack anymore.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:37 AM
    Replaced laptop. I rarely use it now

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:49 AM
    For me, the Passport hasn't replaced anything completely, but when it comes to doing anything on-the-go, it's almost always my first choice.

In a pinch, I can do almost any computing task on it, and it's quite often the best tool for the job, which continues to surprise me.

It's almost a laptop replacement, and is frequently a tablet replacement. I never worry about battery, the camera is typically all I need, and, almost as an aside, it's a great phone.
    09-17-15 10:48 AM
    I only use my lappy when I want to see things bigger,...or do work in a program (App) that's no on my BBPP. For instance, me likey a lot flipp'n through articles using FlipBoard on my PP.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 10:59 AM
    My SE Passport replaced my iphone 6 plus. I use my iphone to play COC and for Flipboard app only.

via SE BlackBerry Passport
    Genti Xhaferraj likes this.
    09-17-15 11:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with that. The passport replaced my note 4, however, it could not replace my surface pro 3, or macbook, or my desktop. It's replaced iPad use, but that's not using a processor that can run x86 applications. The only phone that could potentially from a technical aspect replace using a laptop or desktop would be if msft actually makes a surface phone with an Intel chip with the continuum feature. Most people are fine with ARM processors and the apps they run for their workflow, so I can understand how the passport could eliminate the need for laptops, and ipads when considering the workflow of most people.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 11:13 AM
    Yup, made me sell my tablet b/c I no longer used it, and turned my laptop experience to mostly gaming, although windows 10 has made me use it more productive lately.
    09-17-15 11:16 AM
    I had to laptops and a couple of iPad minis. When I got my first PP, I gave my iPads to my kids and put the laptops away for good.

The only time the laptops come out is when my wife want to upload pics from her iphone.

Sent via SE Passport
    09-17-15 01:35 PM
77 123 ...