Just wondering if anyone out there has ever had their Passport die on them or have to put it on the charger before their day ended?

I'm in my 3rd week of owning my Passport and the battery has been great, getting me through about 15 hours of the day on a single charge. Everyone says the battery will improve over time, and to me, an improvement of the batter over the current performance will only be another bonus! But I am also wondering if we should ever let it completely die out and then give it another full charge??

I'd like to hear year experiences.

Thanks!
    02-11-15 01:20 PM
    Nope. Never.
    02-11-15 02:05 PM
    Never

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:31 PM
    yep, it died, had to send it back and get a new one

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:39 PM
    Me too..it died...cannot switch on. I put it on charge before I went to bed and the second day when I woke up it died...I got a new one after I sent it back to the shop.

Mia san mia!
    02-11-15 02:43 PM
    I haven't managed to get my battery level below 50% yet! And I had my Passport since mid December.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    naveedk likes this.
    02-11-15 04:26 PM
    I've had my Passport for just over 4 months now and have yet needed to plug it in or run out of battery. You don't need to drain your battery completely anymore, can actually do more harm than good.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 04:36 PM
    Just wondering if anyone out there has ever had their Passport die on them or have to put it on the charger before their day ended?

I'm in my 3rd week of owning my Passport and the battery has been great, getting me through about 15 hours of the day on a single charge. Everyone says the battery will improve over time, and to me, an improvement of the batter over the current performance will only be another bonus! But I am also wondering if we should ever let it completely die out and then give it another full charge??

I'd like to hear year experiences.

Thanks!
    The battery is lithium ion polymer! To maximize the ion stores in this type of battery it needs to ne charged while the battery has charge left over and thru time time will actually slow the ion particles and increase energy uptake!
    Never charge below 20%, always maintain a charge and never let it die or get below this!

Posted via CB10
    mbamd and Serkle K like this.
    02-11-15 04:37 PM
    Had mine a month never happened I usually at 60% by end of the day and I'm a heavy user.

Posted via J's Blackberry Passport
    02-11-15 04:51 PM
    No even the hardest of days playing around on it I can still go from alarm to bed being from 4am to 10pm usually every night

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 05:19 PM
    No even the hardest of days playing around on it I can still go from alarm to bed being from 4am to 10pm usually every night

Posted via CB10
    This is pretty much my time table. Some days the hours shift but it's usually off the charger for 13/14 hours a day with maybe 30-20% remaining.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 09:16 AM
    The battery is lithium ion polymer! To maximize the ion stores in this type of battery it needs to ne charged while the battery has charge left over and thru time time will actually slow the ion particles and increase energy uptake!
    Never charge below 20%, always maintain a charge and never let it die or get below this!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I usually put it on a charger as soon as I can if/when I get the "below 20%" notification. Usually in the 30-20% range though.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 09:20 AM
    Never.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-12-15 09:40 AM
    Not once, and I go mad on my passport
    been using it all day and it just keeps going and going and going

Only charge every night before going to sleep

my Note 4 battery is amazing as well, but the BB is even better
    02-12-15 06:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Why don't they tell you these things in the instructions? Seems they should.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 07:49 PM
    Heavy User here and so far it never went below 40% and basically I'm on the phone all day from 7AM till 9PM phone just refuse to die

And yes this phone is fantastic actually 1st phone that can survive weekend talks with my GF :P and our BBM Voice convos can last up to 5 hours also time to time we video call using Viber also for 5-6 hours :P and blackberry have no issues with battery life
    02-12-15 10:29 PM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 10:46 PM
    I've never even seen the battery LED flashing, something that I was very used to see after a day on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 03:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    While I wholeheartedly agree with this, you do realize that the device itself will not let the battery drain completely? It actually cuts the device off with roughly 10%(measured with a multi meter) of the battery life left(to avoid draining it completely an killing the battery). Kind of like how the device doesn't allow it to overcharge causing the battery to explode(yes lithium type batteries will explode if overcharged. they actually catch fire when exposed to air. over charging cause the pack to bulged and split.) 20+ years in the R/C airplane hobby has taught me a lot about batteries.
    02-13-15 06:01 AM
    While I wholeheartedly agree with this, you do realize that the device itself will not let the battery drain completely? It actually cuts the device off with roughly 10%(measured with a multi meter) of the battery life left(to avoid draining it completely an killing the battery). Kind of like how the device doesn't allow it to overcharge causing the battery to explode(yes lithium type batteries will explode if overcharged. they actually catch fire when exposed to air. over charging cause the pack to bulged and split.) 20+ years in the R/C airplane hobby has taught me a lot about batteries.
    Hi homer1475! Thanks for sharing!

When can you say that the Passport battery is being overcharged?
    Sometimes I forget to pull it off from the outlet even if it's 100% charged already. Should I make it sure to pull it fully charged within an hour? Or 2 hrs?

Thanks!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-13-15 07:12 AM
    I watched battery life constantly with my Z10. After a couple months with Passport, i don't worry about it.

Go all day..medium/heavy use. And i don't think I have ever seen it below 40% at the end of the day.

I just charge at nite. I don't use the car charger anymore!

Passport on ATT
    02-13-15 07:50 AM
    I usually go 2 full days on a charge, and by the end of the second day it can get below 20%. I've had it as low as 6%, no bad consequences yet.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    02-13-15 08:06 AM
    I've managed to drain the battery a few times since I bought the device. On really heavy days of use I get about 15-17 hours of battery life, not sure about the exact screen-on time. The battery life is excellent though. I'm a very, very heavy user. My screen-on time regularly exceeds 4-5 hours per day.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 09:14 AM