OP - The Passport can't be considered one of the best Blackberrys ever because there wasn't a CDMA version. Lots and lots of folks on Verizon and Sprint.

The Classic has to be considered the last great BlackBerry.
    There are some of us that left Verizon purely so we can use the Passport. Best decision ever.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 09:59 PM
    Just throwing my opinion into the ring because I've owned the Passport (my very first BlackBerry), then the Priv, and now the BlackBerry KEYone.

The KEYone is easily my favorite BlackBerry and probably the best smartphone I've ever owned: fantastic keyboard like the Passport but better battery life, and a better-supported OS.

Priv was a great first effort into Android but suffered from poor battery life and processor throttling, neither of which my KEYone has had. Plus, using keyboard shortcuts on the KEYone is so much easier thanks to an ever-present keyboard.
    10-01-17 10:24 PM
    Just throwing my opinion into the ring because I've owned the Passport (my very first BlackBerry), then the Priv, and now the BlackBerry KEYone.

The KEYone is easily my favorite BlackBerry and probably the best smartphone I've ever owned.
    Over priced and the keyboard isn't as good as the classic..i used it for a min in the store and knew it wasn't for me..just a odd phone and Android os is horrible

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 10:27 PM
    Over priced and the keyboard isn't as good as the classic..i used it for a min in the store and knew it wasn't for me..just a odd phone and Android os is horrible

Posted via CB10
    I've never owned a Classic but I've owned other physical keyboard devices including the Passport, lauded by most as having a great keyboard. I adapted quite quickly to the KEYone's keyboard and fly on it. Many other reviewers who own the device agree.

Android OS horrible? How so? I've used just about every other operating system out there and find Nougat to be extremely stable, smooth, and easy to use.

EDIT: I found the Priv to be overpriced. KEYone? Not so much. It looks and feels extremely premium to me...
    10-01-17 10:33 PM
    When it comes to BlackBerry, I know there were Legendary BlackBerrys of past Folklore (the iconic 9900 series, comes to mind). But hearing folks asking more about the Passport during its wind down, prompts a question f the recent generation of Blackberry (BB10 and Android) devices , has the Passport (O.G., AT&T, Silver Edition), gained in appreciation from it's inception; than perhaps the other BlackBerry devices of the same time?

If yes, why do you think, (functionality, design aesthetics, productivity, the fact that the price came in line... ? But If not, who?

Maybe someone at BlackBerry Mobile will take notice when focusing on future designs.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    The bold 9900 is still my favorite of all time. It embodied what a blackberry was all about. The passport is a very close second. It was the best communications device I have ever owned.

The speakers on it were ridiculous. The reception was top notch. I really had no complaints (outside of the screen lift) about it. The only shortcoming was the OS.

If I could get full android on it, I would probably still be using it today.
    10-02-17 08:27 AM
    today I bought a Passport SE to replace my Black passport. I think that is my awnser to that question. Together with my Priv that I ordered 4 weeks ago they wil get me through 2017/18.

The physical keyboard/trackpad combination is the winning functionality of the phone. I hope that 2018/19 wil Bring a new power house to the blackberry range. For example a 5.5" 2/3 ratio phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-17 02:51 PM
    They have my vote... I kept mine to paw over it from time to time
    10-02-17 02:57 PM
    The HP Pre3 keyboard was better IMHO
    10-02-17 02:58 PM
    The HP Pre3 keyboard was better IMHO
    Oh, man. I loved webOS so much (moment of silence, thanks for nothing, HP!)... and the Pre3's keyboard was DREAMY.

For me the KEYone's keyboard is right up there, though: the typing action is about as good, the auto-correct is far more robust, and swiping gestures for auto-complete and deleting of full words puts it over the edge, IMHO.
    10-03-17 12:45 PM
    It is for me...we'll actually I have it and a Z30 which I use equally. The Z30 was my old personal daily driver, then I upgraded to the Passport...I recently resurrected my Z30 for work (they wanted to give some Android nonsense...but they paid for me to unlock my Z30) and I am reminded each day how much I like this one as well...I've always been a PKB guy, but with the Z10 and even more so it's Z30 replacement found that it was the best TS device I've ever owned...still...and my Passport is just awesome all around...for work (industrial mechanic) I prefer the Z as there are less places for grime to get into the phone....but from time to time I'll NFC transfer schematics etc. to my Passport for easier reading.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-17 01:35 PM
    The Passport is the best BlackBerry made.
    Anything after it is not BlackBerry.
    And anything before it lacks the specs and hardware.
    10-03-17 07:12 PM
    Agree 100%. I retired my Galaxy S7 Edge and took up my Passport SE again. Boy, I missed that keyboard and screen real estate! It's good to have it back.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-17 07:48 PM
87 ... 234