Hear hear.

Posted via CBX
    07-04-17 07:06 AM
    I hope one day a company comes forth and gives us a passport with android running on it. This phone is a beauty

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    07-04-17 04:10 PM
    Loved the Z30, but the Passport was my favourite phone to date.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-04-17 04:43 PM
    I had many BlackBerry phones since 2009. The last ones are my favorites: bold 9900, Z30 and, finally, the Passport. I would say that the Passport resume all the BlackBerry legacy in one phone: amazing physical keyboard, great display, security, awesome e-mail, the Hub, good battery, stable OS, etc. After the Passport, as we know, everything changed. So I would say that the Passport is really one of the most important and classic 'phones ever released. I will stick with it until I can.

I have an iPad and a MacBook, but my phone is "the" Passport.
    TechyThePoodle likes this.
    07-04-17 08:04 PM
    I just use passport for around 2 months. And I like it very much, the experience and uniqueness and off course it's capability to run other os's apps. It means that this device and it's os if...treated seriously could be strong contender to iOS and android.

The thing about blackberry is they have similar perception about this business like Nokia in the past, they didn't realise the technology evolves and everybody need to adapt to changes more faster. The case is very similar and when they realise that they are left behind and it's too late. Can you imagine what happened to Nokia if they implement android early? And blackberry had the chance to enrich their os, strengthen it and try to attract more developers to develop apps and games, instead they were very comfortable being labelled as secure and professional device. If they want to sell more then their real potential customers are people nowadays the adopt android and ios.

In my opinion, passport probably the best device BlackBerry has created so far. It's well designed and powerful. You cannot play games in this device but surely we know what passport is all about, it's for work and productivity. I will keep this device so my son or even my grandchild could see this legendary device.

Posted via CB10
    Why can't you play games "in" the BlackBerry Passport?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 05:44 AM
    I have retroarch arcade emulator what more could you ask for as far as games go? it works great on the passport...though I never use it cuz who has time for games!?

Posted via CBX
    07-05-17 07:56 AM
    love my Passport, loved my Classic, loved my P9983 and absolutely loved my 9900.

trying to love my Priv.
    07-05-17 08:13 AM
    I have retroarch arcade emulator what more could you ask for as far as games go? it works great on the passport...though I never use it cuz who has time for games!?

Posted via CBX
    Tools not toys! Muh productivity

Bush did bb10
    07-20-17 10:25 AM
    Dropped my Priv and the screen broke. Put the sim card back in the Passport and I am reminded why this is my most loved phone to date. Fixed my borked GPS by opening the phone and bending the pins out a bit that contact the antenna on the back cover. The phone is durable and a beast! Still will probably get the Keyone when released carrier free in Canada...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 11:45 PM
    ^^^^^^^ This....Couldn't have said it better.
    The keyboard won me over with the intuitiveness and not having to hold the alt key to capitalize or for numbers. Also the word suggestions are great.
    I will be using my Passports for a long while to come, as I have one in each color. I also have the Priv (Android) on my wifi, but the Passport is my daily driver.
    Totally agree! Not sure why people think the 4 row keyboard is better and faster.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-25-17 07:34 AM
    Started with the z10 and when the Passport was launched in October 2014 I moved to the Passport and never looked back.

Best phone ever. I will use it as long as I can and maybe buy another as a back up. I also purchased a bold 9900 and sometimes use it to put a local Sim in it when traveling!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    07-25-17 07:40 AM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    you can play playstation one or GTA SA. wow nice day you have

 Passport SE - SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2163
    07-25-17 06:26 PM
    I just went back to my Passport from the Priv and started wondering why I ever left.
    07-25-17 10:45 PM
    You know, Samsung came out with the Galaxy 7 Note and through all the issues with the battery (recalls, redesign, banning for airplanes), they still recognize the value of the product. They fixed it's shortcomings and gave the Galaxy Faithful a product they appreciated. And now it's re- badged and selling again. And they still released the next Galaxy line. Giving Samsung users more choices and reason to purchase Samsung. Uhm???
    I guess when a device has a loyal following, something you can give the consumer the benefit of the doubt.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 07-29-17 at 09:33 AM.
    07-26-17 12:25 AM
    ...clearly it is my favorite. But sadly I need to contend with my z30. Also a great BlackBerry device. My BlackBerry Passport suffers from the "zombie"-"emergency calls only" syndrome that according to the BlackBerry KB is still being investigated. I just wonder if there will ever be any closure with my WIFI only BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. It was easily my best phone ever. Calendar was best too. Early one pales in comparison. Evernote and what's App abandoning BlackBerry is tough. A souped up passport would have been ideal.
    07-29-17 08:01 AM
    You know, Samsung came out with the Galaxy 7 Note and through all the issues with the battery (recalls, redesign, banning for airplanes), they still recognize the value of the product. They fixed it's shortcomings and gave the Galaxy Faithful a product they appreciated. And now it's re- badged and selling again. And they still released the next Galaxy line. Giving Samsung users more choices and reason to purchase Samsung. Uhm???
    I guess when a device has a loyal following, something you can give the consumer the benefit of the doubt.

Posted via CB10
    But Samsung has boatloads of money. It can afford to throw money at the problem. It's the top Android vendor, making the bulk of the Android profits and last quarter it even topped Intel as the #1 IC vendor. BlackBerry does not have this luxury.

While the Passport was a much loved device by those who owned it, not many people owned it. To be fair I recall Chen stating at launch that they anticipated it to be a bit of a niche device and it is one of those oddball products that you really have to use it in hand to "get it". And for those used to doing mostly media consumption on their devices, the square screen isn't optimal.
    07-29-17 11:18 AM
    Definitely BB Passport is worth its fame. Simple and fluid. Excellent piece for enterprise. I have been using this for some time now. Just sad to see Blackberry give up on its products so soon despite of making a fantastic product like Passport. How I wish to see more support to BB10 OS rather than removal of the applications as the days pass by. Evernote and WhatsApp are some of the essential applications in corporate sector, yet trouble in paradise. If only I could persuade Blackberry to get back to its origin, BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    Err... what? Not at any tech company I've ever worked for. Mostly sizable Tier 1 guys. Evernote is a not usually allowed due to IP and confidential issues of having stuff on the cloud with a little guy like Evernote.
    Nor do we ever use WhatsApp. We had a seminar the other day and the speaker asked who used it and in a room of about 60 engineers (no old farts) only about 3-4 hands went up. Never mind that it is not a sanctioned app for business use anyways.

I'm sure all the software guys and small startups are all over this, but mid-large hardware places, nope.
    mototopo likes this.
    07-29-17 11:26 AM
    When it comes to BlackBerry, I know there were Legendary BlackBerrys of past Folklore (the iconic 9900 series, comes to mind). But hearing folks asking more about the Passport during its wind down, prompt a question f the recent generation of Blackberry (BB10 and Android) devices , has the Passport (O.G., AT&T, Silver Edition), gained in appreciation from it's inception; than perhaps the other BlackBerry devices of the same time?

If yes, why do you think, (functionality, design aesthetics, productivity, the fact that the price came in line... ? But If not, who?

Maybe someone at BlackBerry Mobile will take notice when focusing on future designs.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    Yes, Passport SE one of the greatest BlackBerry imo but overall it would prob be the BOLD 9900? ... allot of famous folks still carry a Bold 9900 ton this day and very hard to find on Ebay. Hmm, the White passport like all white blackberry's seems rarer then the red one now. Have not seen any! I still love my se though. However the AT & T has wireless charging..

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 11:41 AM
    And for those used to doing mostly media consumption on their devices, the square screen isn't optimal.
    I agree but what I didn't miss was having to turn my phone sideways every time a video or picture didn't scale properly on a slab
    07-29-17 03:30 PM
    I agree but what I didn't miss was having to turn my phone sideways every time a video or picture didn't scale properly on a slab
    I agree ; the more I use the device, the more I appreciate the screen aspect. When I'm reading, working on a document and oddly watching some video, it's more natural. It brings more into my view.

I'm not saying I enjoy the black borders like on YouTube, but that's not as much a fault in design, but how the programs are displayed. And it always left me to ponder ; if I can improve the picture aspect on my TV, could a similar fix be worked into future mobile devices software?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 09:30 AM
    I just went back to my Passport from the Priv and started wondering why I ever left.
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    09-30-17 12:57 PM
    I just use passport for around 2 months. And I like it very much, the experience and uniqueness and off course it's capability to run other os's apps. It means that this device and it's os if...treated seriously could be strong contender to iOS and android.

The thing about blackberry is they have similar perception about this business like Nokia in the past, they didn't realise the technology evolves and everybody need to adapt to changes more faster. The case is very similar and when they realise that they are left behind and it's too late. Can you imagine what happened to Nokia if they implement android early? And blackberry had the chance to enrich their os, strengthen it and try to attract more developers to develop apps and games, instead they were very comfortable being labelled as secure and professional device. If they want to sell more then their real potential customers are people nowadays the adopt android and ios.

In my opinion, passport probably the best device BlackBerry has created so far. It's well designed and powerful. You cannot play games in this device but surely we know what passport is all about, it's for work and productivity. I will keep this device so my son or even my grandchild could see this legendary device.

Posted via CB10
    For games the latest version of Retroarch and pairing a PS4 Dualshock controller make this phone a gaming beast.

This phone and community keep surprising me and despite the lack of Native apps, people like Cobalt continue to prolong the longevity of this Ferrari of a phone.

Accuracy of the keyboard and the general fluidity of the OS is what got me.

This is by far the best phone and OS I have ever owned and operated for a mobile device.

I'm really hoping the community can band together and keep this device relevant for a few years longer.

BlackBerry 4 Life!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-01-17 12:56 PM
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    Apps., most likely.
    10-01-17 05:07 PM
    I owned a passport for over a year and it was my fav BlackBerry of all time until I broke my Priv (blessing in disguise) and went to the BlackBerry leap. I love this phone more than the passport and I actually find the battery life better

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 06:26 PM
    OP - The Passport can't be considered one of the best Blackberrys ever because there wasn't a CDMA version. Lots and lots of folks on Verizon and Sprint.

The Classic has to be considered the last great BlackBerry.
    10-01-17 06:37 PM
87 1234