09-15-16 08:45 AM
    No. Though they probably have stock for a while anyway.
    09-15-16 08:50 AM
    No. Though they probably have stock for a while anyway.
    Sounds good! I have a back up cheap android slab for fun/ abit of media. I dont think I can use a device with a VkB.. im having hard time using it. Im hoping to purchase another pp se!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 08:54 AM
    Production stopped long ago, but I don't think demand is making any impact on their stockpile of unsold inventory.
    09-15-16 09:54 AM
    they haven't made an official statement on it but given production realities I don't see why they would order another manufacture run for the Passport. They will probably make an official statement at this Sept earnings call just like they did with Classic last time.
    09-15-16 10:55 AM
    Production stopped long ago, but I don't think demand is making any impact on their stockpile of unsold inventory.
    Everyone is just guessing on this. I'm guessing that there is not that much inventory left for BB10 devices based on some softening of Passport prices we have seen lately. Only my humble opinion. Remember that BB was controlling inventory fairly aggressively after the Z10 fiasco.
    09-15-16 01:39 PM
    Well I've only physically seen one passport in my whole life, and it's my passport. I don't even know if there's anyone within a 100 miles with another. Probably, but we're an endangered species.

Passport!
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-15-16 02:11 PM
    Passport at this point is two years old. Only Samsung and Apple can sell phones that old in stores.
    09-15-16 02:13 PM
    I am lucky enough seeing 3 in the Passport 's life time, and I am in Ontario.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 02:25 PM
    I was at Mcdonalds yesterday and saw a guy using his passport. Instant kinship. The only other time I saw one in my city was when it was for sale at the phone kiosk in the mall. (pop of my city 96 000)

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    09-15-16 02:27 PM
    My new PPSE has Produktion date 07/16 in Mexico!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 03:04 PM
    My new PPSE has Produktion date 07/16 in Mexico!

Posted via CB10
    Thats not when the hardware was made but when phone packaged for the distributor.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-15-16 03:14 PM
    No.

 Blackberry Passport
    andy957 likes this.
    09-15-16 04:18 PM
    I was at Mcdonalds yesterday and saw a guy using his passport. Instant kinship. The only other time I saw one in my city was when it was for sale at the phone kiosk in the mall. (pop of my city 96 000)

Posted via CB10
    i know how you feel. whenever I see someone with a BB im instantly compelled to talk to them.
    i've actually seen a surprising amount of people with the passport. just found out one of my co-workers have one the other day.
    Cornishgirl2 likes this.
    09-15-16 07:33 PM
    Everyone is just guessing on this. I'm guessing that there is not that much inventory left for BB10 devices based on some softening of Passport prices we have seen lately. Only my humble opinion. Remember that BB was controlling inventory fairly aggressively after the Z10 fiasco.
    Not all of us are guessing. There have been several production runs of the Passport, one for each model variation. And, given the nature of production runs, production stops after each run.

Official announce or not, it's hard to imagine why BlackBerry would even consider production of any BB10 phones at this point in their transition to Android.
    09-15-16 10:33 PM
    Not all of us are guessing. There have been several production runs of the Passport, one for each model variation
    With respect, I don't agree. Do you, or does anyone actually know how large/small these production runs really were? I think the first run was 200K or so since they sold out quickly and there was some reference to that number, but after that, no one knows how many were made.
    09-15-16 10:40 PM
    OP, I would say yes BlackBerry is done with production of the original Passport.

Reason I say that is shopblackberry.com has removed the white Passport. And it was a carried color unlike the limited edition red.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 10:41 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. To my best knowledge, they did not announce production end for the Passport.
    But they did, for the Classic.
    So I assume, they would also announce that for the Passport, if true.
    09-16-16 05:00 AM
    In theory there could be another production run, if sales picked up. But in reality that just won't happen.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    09-16-16 06:35 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. To my best knowledge, they did not announce production end for the Passport.
    BlackBerry, like any company, makes official announcements when they are in the business interests of the company. If they have a reason to announce to the world that they aren't going to make any more Passports they will.
    09-16-16 10:35 AM
    As far as I know the Classic is the only one they actually announced the end of production for; you'd think they'd have discontinued the Z10, Q10, etc. as they're a year older than the Classic.
    freddy710_0 likes this.
    09-16-16 10:40 AM
    With respect, I don't agree. Do you, or does anyone actually know how large/small these production runs really were? I think the first run was 200K or so since they sold out quickly and there was some reference to that number, but after that, no one knows how many were made.
    I see your point, but Chen only mentioned the Classic because they could no longer find components to build them. They still are selling Classics, however, which leads me to believe that they had a good many in inventory.

One Passport production run that we know for sure is over is the AT&T allotment. They no longer have them available in stores or online.
    09-16-16 11:12 AM
    BlackBerry bow announce through their official website only PP,Classic and Leap (BB10 variants). And they have already made it clear about classic. I thoroughly believes despite of no official announcements, all other models are also done being produced. If at all there is one model being produced or can be produced, that could be PP.

And from the steps of BlackBerry, I strongly feels they really do not want to generate any more sales for BB10. Hence they show this slow poison methods in announcements and support for BB10.

I guess passport was gaining traction more than they thought it would. Here in Germany, I saw it in many people's hands, and I guess BlackBerry doesn't like it anymore !

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-16-16 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry is committed to BB10.
    09-16-16 12:00 PM
    As far as I know the Classic is the only one they actually announced the end of production for; you'd think they'd have discontinued the Z10, Q10, etc. as they're a year older than the Classic.
    Manufacture of the Z10/Q10 ended in the summer of 2013 - just as soon as their original production commitment with Jabil Circuit for them ended. Millions were made (I'd guess around 6M Z10s), but only about 2M were sold at around their original retail price before BB was forced to write them down and fire-sale them. They continued to sell Z10s out of inventory until they finally ran out. The same with the Q10, Q5, and Z30. There was no need to officially announce that they were out of production - the "for sale sign" (putting the company up for sale) in the fall of 2013 was more than enough of an official announcement.

BB doesn't sell anywhere near the volume of phones to keep anything in continuous production. Instead, they estimate how many phones they think they'll sell in a year, and then order that many, which take around 4-6 weeks to produce. That means their phones are "out of production" around the same time they're being launched. Of course, if a particular model suddenly exploded in sales, BB could order another production run, but other than the PP, where the initial run was very small (at about 200k phones), there hasn't been a need for additional production runs.
    BB-JAM215 and Jrox74 like this.
    09-16-16 02:02 PM
40 12