Received my BB passport today, and love it! As I was a loyal Nokia user, I'd been using Here Maps for ages, from Nokia to Windows phone to recently Android version. I just downloaded Here Maps for Android from Amazon Appstore, and installed it without any problem on my passport. But once I launch it, it quits/crashes just right after very first launching screen....frustrating... So has anyone succeeded in running it? Thanks!
    05-01-15 04:43 PM
    I don't think it works, all the other solutions I've seen is to use the web version of it but it lacks voice navigation so... not very handy for driving. I also want it to work I miss having a good offline map. The other ones I've tried I didn't like since I had trouble entering exact addresses. Well, a few android one works so I'm using one, but would prefer Here if it worked.

I may try to copy the here folder from an android phone to see if it is just crashing because it couldn't download the things but I have to find an android phone first.
    anon(9433354) likes this.
    05-01-15 07:46 PM
    I may try to copy the here folder from an android phone to see if it is just crashing because it couldn't download the things but I have to find an android phone first.
    Cheers mate! please post your update once you manage to try this!
    05-02-15 06:46 AM
    I have HERE on a Z Ultra. I tried installing on my Passport and it freezes trying to get the maps.
    05-02-15 11:54 AM
    Cheers mate! please post your update once you manage to try this!
    didn't work I moved the maps files from note to passport and even tried to patch it to offline mode using luckypatcher. So far I couldn't get it to work. It did stay in the blue here screen for a really long time like it was trying to load something and it stayed there until I closed app. I don't know if it got closer to getting it to work or not, I'm not that savy with phone tech. I just copied not the .here-maps folder and the com.here.maps (from android/data) from note to passport. I don't know if it was because the device ID is different or not. It might work if someone has titanium backup to restore the data properly than copying folders over, but I don't have that app (and not sure it works without root anyways)
    05-02-15 02:36 PM
    didn't work I moved the maps files from note to passport and even tried to patch it to offline mode using luckypatcher. So far I couldn't get it to work. It did stay in the blue here screen for a really long time like it was trying to load something and it stayed there until I closed app. I don't know if it got closer to getting it to work or not, I'm not that savy with phone tech. I just copied not the .here-maps folder and the com.here.maps (from android/data) from note to passport. I don't know if it was because the device ID is different or not. It might work if someone has titanium backup to restore the data properly than copying folders over, but I don't have that app (and not sure it works without root anyways)
    Thanks a lot for trying this out. The blue screen saying Here Maps lasts forever is what I get too, but it shuts itself down in the end. Guess just have to wait for either Nokia updates it or BB OS 10's Android wrapper adapts to work better. It's not native BB app after all.
    05-02-15 03:30 PM
    I have HERE on a Z Ultra. I tried installing on my Passport and it freezes trying to get the maps.
    Can you actually open the app and download those offline maps, although it's freezing?
    05-02-15 03:31 PM
    IIRC it couldn't get the files and froze there. It was two OS versions ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 06:33 PM