After going 'naked' with my og passport, I managed to nudge it off a kitchen worktop where it landed on a plastic bottle and slid to the floor. Phew, that was lucky. Not a mark on it.

Unfortunately it was dead. As a dodo. Won't charge, nothing, nada, zilch, rien.

I can't survive without a phone, so next day, after being quoted �170 for BlackBerry to look at it, I gave up, and have bought a Priv.

Much as I loved the passport and OS, I can't see a future in BB10 so that seemed like a good time to move.

I do miss it, but I still have a pkb, hub and as many apps as I want.

Hopefully it will continue to improve with future updates.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Whoa, was charging on my window sill today as in my PP SE and my Doberman got tangled in the wire and pulled it down with such force at the wooden bench five feet below I was afraid to look at landed screen down. Not a scratch everything seems fine even the port that the charger was sort of ripped out of, fine! Thanks BlackBerry and seidio!...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:06 AM
    After going 'naked' with my og passport, I managed to nudge it off a kitchen worktop where it landed on a plastic bottle and slid to the floor. Phew, that was lucky. Not a mark on it.

Unfortunately it was dead. As a dodo. Won't charge, nothing, nada, zilch, rien.

I can't survive without a phone, so next day, after being quoted �170 for BlackBerry to look at it, I gave up, and have bought a Priv.

Much as I loved the passport and OS, I can't see a future in BB10 so that seemed like a good time to move.

I do miss it, but I still have a pkb, hub and as many apps as I want.

Hopefully it will continue to improve with future updates.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I can't believe it malfunctioned from that, internals seems solid maybe had a dud?....

I know mine isn't now as it hit that wooden bench hard!!!!

Everything working didn't even reset.

Never held an OG to feel diff between my SE and the OG!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:09 AM
    PPSE in OEM flip shell. Dropped it on my hardwood floor. Dented it quite badly (the floor, that is). There should be a warning label! :-)

The only thing that worries me is moisture, especially on a PKB phone with so many entry points. Sweat and rain scare me. I once broke a brand new 9900 that way. That might not have happened with, say, a Leap. Other than that, I would fence of a robber with this steel monster!

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-23-16 01:02 AM
    PPSE in OEM flip shell. Dropped it on my hardwood floor. Dented it quite badly (the floor, that is). There should be a warning label! :-)

The only thing that worries me is moisture, especially on a PKB phone with so many entry points. Sweat and rain scare me. I once broke a brand new 9900 that way. That might not have happened with, say, a Leap. Other than that, I would fence of a robber with this steel monster!

Posted via CB10
    Will this ease ya mind?

Amazing as not even advertised.

I swear the internal are military rated as even though can take a fall, internals do not break or rattle either I always check the camera Focus right away all good...

Oh yea, here you go need not worry ever again: .

Again, I just worry on falls about internals inside coming to such an abrupt stop when it takes a decent fall, the seidio case (and the holster) is worth every cent it is self healing I swear or seems so!....

So far so good!....

My charge port seems tad loose but I think was always like that pretty much same as my q 10 I am going to buy a Z30 soon as always wanted one. Anybody untreated in an unlocked at & t q 10 in a 9 out of 10 shape for a decent price PM me! It's black.

I also want that White OG PP as never had a WHITE Blackberry! The white classic can't be bought for under double to quadruple it's black or even turquoise version aka cobalt blue.

I wonder if the internals in the Passport are rated for a fall?...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:19 AM
    I dropped this thing four times or so onto concrete and tiles four foot sometimes with sedio case other times without, not even a ding on case let alone anything wrong with this TANK!

Curious how do you break it, run it over with your truck?...

Posted via CB10
    I have two Passports . I have dropped my SE device 2-3 times . Fortunately nothing happened. One my my friend dropped his device flat on face his screen cracked.
    03-23-16 01:25 AM
    I have two Passports . I have dropped my SE device 2-3 times . Fortunately nothing happened. One my my friend dropped his device flat on face his screen cracked.
    With no case? Nine hit hard today but wood although still hard yet had seidio case on which I think offers way more protection then it even seems to!! My screens still perfect, etc!...

Did it spider?...

That had to be a hard and high fall onto concrete with no case as well as bad luck!....... was your friends an SE or OG?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:30 AM
    Throw it in the pool.
    Might not work!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:33 AM
    With no case? Nine hit hard today but wood although still hard yet had seidio case on which I think offers way more protection then it even seems to!! My screens still perfect, etc!...

Did it spider?...

That had to be a hard and high fall onto concrete with no case as well as bad luck!....... was your friends an SE or OG?

Posted via CB10
    I am now using the Stilgut Flip case for both my devices. It is completely protected. My friend dropped his Red Passport without case on concrete floor flat on the face the screen is bound to crack.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    03-23-16 01:52 AM
    Don't omit double typing.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:56 AM
    Don't omit double typing.

Posted via CB10
    By?....

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 02:05 AM
    I am now using the Stilgut Flip case for both my devices. It is completely protected. My friend dropped his Red Passport without case on concrete floor flat on the face the screen is bound to crack.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    I rather regret I opted for the Stilgut model witout a clip to keep it shut (wanted a low profile, without anything poking out or snagging); The very day after it arrived and I popped the Passport into it, it had a fall. The case flapped open and the phone fell face-down onto a tiled floor, its screen shattering -- three weeks after a previous repair. :P
    03-23-16 02:49 AM
    Amazing how my SE survived few drops but couldn't survive when I hastily tried to remove the OEM flip case resulting in chipping the bottom left side corner. Bummer, since I mostly use SE naked and will have to use it now with a case meanwhile since I guess it wont be able to take any more drops if happens at same spot.
    Has anyone dropped there SE passport and if so anybody managed to actualy break one? Is it possible?-p1.jpg
    Has anyone dropped there SE passport and if so anybody managed to actualy break one? Is it possible?-p2.jpg
    Has anyone dropped there SE passport and if so anybody managed to actualy break one? Is it possible?-p3.jpg

Posted with Passport SE
    03-26-16 11:06 PM
    I'll make sure I don't buy a PP from anyone on this thread. Lol

Posted via z10
    04-23-16 05:54 PM
    Amazing how my SE survived few drops but couldn't survive when I hastily tried to remove the OEM flip case resulting in chipping the bottom left side corner. Bummer, since I mostly use SE naked and will have to use it now with a case meanwhile since I guess it wont be able to take any more drops if happens at same spot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	395378

Name:	p2.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	395379

Name:	p3.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	395380

Posted with Passport SE
    Wow that is amazing! Not in a good way! Eleven drops still perfect! Thanks siedio!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 11:14 PM
    I'll make sure I don't buy a PP from anyone on this thread. Lol

Posted via z10
    LMAO...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 11:15 PM
    I droped it few times, phone still as new

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 11:53 PM
    No doubt the SE is a tank of a smartphone and tiles floors rock! Some call it the first passport OG/original gangster and the politically correct LOL call it original. Either way, these passports are good durable workhorses.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:20 AM
    I really have to say the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is a Beast. It dropped from my SUV when I wanted to go out. It was on my Lap. And it fell really hard on the Ground.

It survived like new.

Lucky me my BlackBerry also have a Back Case. And even the Case is new haha.

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-08-16 02:25 AM
43 12