Has anybody had issues with their Passport and bluetooth reliability?

Can't get it to consistently connect to ANY device. Especially my car. My Z30 never had an issue.

It will connect for a while and then disconnect or not connect in the beginning of the trip and then 10 mins later It will connect.

10.3.1.1779 on Rogers.

Yes tried hard reset etc etc but have not reloaded software yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 01:19 AM
    I use bluetooth all the time, for my headphones and I never have a problem. I'm really happy with how consistent and how fast the pairing connects, it's awesome actually. Totally prefer the 'no wires'. Not sure why you'd be experiencing issues. I'm with SaskTel, but that part doesn't matter. Here's what I'm running:

Has anybody had issues with their Passport and bluetooth reliability?-img_20150708_002536.png

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 01:26 AM
    I connect to my Truck, Pebble and Music headphones all day. I never see an issue, however, if they leave range they don't always auto-connect.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-08-15 01:49 AM
    No issues here I connect to many different devices all day everyday.

Has anybody had issues with their Passport and bluetooth reliability?-img_20150708_061411.png

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-08-15 05:15 AM
    This may have something to do with your audio system in your car as well. For example my Passport works well in my Mercedes however I can't play any music via Bluetooth. Even the BlackBerry maps won't have any voice guidance. I'm told my system in my car is incapable of handling it. Older version of the command system.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:50 PM
    no problem. connexs to my bose instantly

Posted from my Classic Passport
    07-08-15 03:14 PM
    I have problems with my Mercedes. The old command system maintains two separate connections. One for hands free and one for the audio streaming service. When the audio service is connected, phone calls are garbled. It's very annoying. If I disconnect the audio streaming service the phone call audio is great.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 03:15 PM
    Get in the car....start motor...bluetooth kicks in.
    Headphones, no problem.
    UE Boom speaker, no problem.
    07-08-15 10:03 PM
    i have connections problem with my car and bluetooth . it connect but after some time it loose connections.
    i decide to change ma bluetooth. is there who use plantronics legend?
    07-09-15 01:33 AM
    Looks like it was a device issue. I just replaced my Passport due to the screen lift issue but that also had the bluetooth issue. Loaded everything on this refurbished one I got and so far everything is good!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:38 AM
    Mine won't connect to BlackBerry gateway automatically.... no problems with Z10 or Z30...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:25 AM
    After being in the car for about 20 minutes or so, my Passport will start to sporadically dump the Bluetooth link. I dont know if its the phone or the Cadillac.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:28 AM
    After being in the car for about 20 minutes or so, my Passport will start to sporadically dump the Bluetooth link. I dont know if its the phone or the Cadillac.

Posted via CB10
    From past experience, I've usually found out the blue tooth on the stereo usually fries out.

Best way to test is connect with another phone and see what the out come is.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-13-15 09:34 PM
    I've never had issues maintaining a connection, but I've had horrible issues with media playing over the BT headset, the same headset that worked perfectly on my Android phone. I have no idea if the two are connected.
    07-14-15 08:34 AM
    I've had no problems with my car head unit. However I can't maintain a connection to my pebble watch. Just bought a Q10 as a holiday phone (smaller size hopefully will be better for shorts) and no issues at all stays connected all day. I'm lucky if I get an hour with my passport!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 02:10 PM
    No issues yet. I've used it on a Samsung TV, Intel Compute Stick, a keyboard and a pair of headphones.
    07-14-15 06:51 PM
    Mine was doing fine connected to my SUV then over the weekend, it disconnected and now won't reconnect. Tried rebooting and even deleted the saved BT connection and started over. Still won't connect. Tried iphone 6 just to see and it connected fine. I don't know what the deal is.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    07-14-15 07:10 PM
    Totally reinstalled software last night after reading the thread and still the same issue! My Q10 seems to go for days without loosing the watch and the passport barely makes an hour. Is this a hardware issue on my device?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 05:29 AM
    I don't use it a lot but when i do it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 06:17 AM
    My passport connected to the car [BMW x6] with no problems, can make calls and see the name of the person im calling.
    Now for no reason that i can see its messed up a bit......can still make calls but unable to see the phone book, all i can see now are all the numbers, but no names attached. which makes it very difficult to make calls while on the motoway
    12-11-15 08:32 AM
    I had some problems with connecting to my Mini, sometimes it would connect and sometimes it wouldn't. I eventually linked it too some of the android apps on the device. In particular the Fitbit app. It seemed that the auto sync that was switched on to sync periodically would confuse the bluetooth on the Passport. I have taken off any android apps that I wasn't using and have switched off the Fitbit auto sync. This seems to have sorted out any issues that I had.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 12:23 PM
    Mine only sometimes flips out trying to constantly connect to my Fitbit Flex. It is, for the moment, behaving itself. I'm hesitant to update the Fitbit app because of this.

But that's my only Bluetooth issue. It finds my truck and stays connected every time.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 01:00 PM
    I had some problems with connecting to my Mini, sometimes it would connect and sometimes it wouldn't. I eventually linked it too some of the android apps on the device. In particular the Fitbit app. It seemed that the auto sync that was switched on to sync periodically would confuse the bluetooth on the Passport. I have taken off any android apps that I wasn't using and have switched off the Fitbit auto sync. This seems to have sorted out any issues that I had.

Posted via CB10
    My problem with the Fitbit app is very strange and unpredictable. I tried disabling the auto sync as you did to no effect. Then randomly, one day with no intervention on my part, it starts to behave normally again.

I did notice when the battery in my Flex dies, the Bluetooth would go back to normal. If the Flex is not present, the phone doesn't complain about not being able to connect to my Garmin. Seems that somehow the Flex becomes the priority device to connect to.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 01:03 PM
    I have a Plantronics Voyager bt headset. I've lost connection three times for no apparent reason. I will monitor this.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    12-11-15 03:16 PM
    No issues with bluetooth. Connects automatically to my car, ear buds, laptop, etc whenever in range (30ft or so). Never cuts out either.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    12-11-15 06:56 PM
29 12