White Collar - Neal is rocking a Z10.
    I think Harvey should go for a Passport!

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-08-14 11:28 PM
    Still doesn't stop me from questioning the purpose
    No, it doesn't. Though it seems like most of the participants in this thread have no problem discerning the purpose of it -- whether they agree or not.
    mastermike87 likes this.
    08-09-14 10:22 AM
    I could very easily see House of Cards going to a passport or classic. But they also show the juxtaposition of phone users with Zo� using an iphone.

It would be ideal if Suits used blackberries. Or BlackBerry could ambush the set and put a ton of ads around where suits is filmed so that it is in the shot no matter what haha

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:11 AM
    Frank doesn't use a BBRY on House of Cards but a bunch of other people do.

Everyone on Veep uses a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:18 PM
    Microsoft has been taking blackberry's limelight in a lot of shows, this and parks and rec. I noticed that blackberry is being replaced by windows phones and tablets. It's stange but I hope house of cards still keeps them.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 05:20 PM
    Are you crazy. It's in HOUSE OF CARDS where we need our lovely BlackBerry passport, oh yeaaaah.
    Fir example with the PS3, he makes it cool to play PS3 even if your are not a nerd. It's putted as the same level of coolness as footing to skeep stress. So BlackBerry does not have to put big money on every movie, but have to makes more approche with scenarist and accessorist giving them phones and some software to simulate phone call or crazy stuff like GPS traking, satellit wiews, etc to make then normal and easy to integrate BlackBerry 's phones.
    It's not only a cash pb but more the way to optimize it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by progguy; 08-09-14 at 07:16 PM.
    08-09-14 06:51 PM
    Frank doesn't use a BBRY on House of Cards but a bunch of other people do.

Everyone on Veep uses a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    It's a joke, he uses BlackBerry and for that I respect him

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:04 PM
    Oh please...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:37 PM
    I agree. There a lot of shows I am sure BlackBerry (passport) could be used in.
    Suits is a good suggestion. The Passport in House of Cards too?

Medical shows would be good too as even BlackBerry themselves mention the benefits to those in the medical field.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:47 AM
    How is this pointless and childish? I actually work in marketing and it fits the brand as well as the product perfectly and as pointed out by others before, Samsung as well as Dell already do product placement on the show. So please elaborate, I'm genuinely curious.
    To your marketing presentation in this thread... I'd say it's lacking. my first time thought was.. WHO?! (not a show I watch nor know of), so any relevance or significance I'm personally lost at. Recall when marketing - you're particular offering seemingly mass marketing -u need to appeal to all people in the audience not just those already familiar.

Back on top can someone explain the relevance of these actors, please, and why it would fit for BlackBerry and the Passport product?

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    08-10-14 12:50 PM
    To your marketing presentation in this thread... I'd say it's lacking. my first time thought was.. WHO?! (not a show I watch nor know of), so any relevance or significance I'm personally lost at. Recall when marketing - you're particular offering seemingly mass marketing -u need to appeal to all people in the audience not just those already familiar.

Back on top can someone explain the relevance of these actors, please, and why it would fit for BlackBerry and the Passport product?

The question is who you target and for who the product is designed for. Meaning if you have a somewhat niche device targeting the masses is wasting marketing dollars (simply called "wastage" in marketing). Some of the main deciding factors are reach, costs and wastage. Details I don't know for this particular show. But it definitely has a brand fit and if BlackBerry is lacking something at the moment it's definitely a proper brand image.

....I'd just like to add:

You're asking for the actors in your last paragraph. But there's a reason I brought up "Harvey Specter" in the thread title and not the actor of the character, Gabriel Macht. It's about product placement on a certain TV show, not about celeb endorsements.
    08-10-14 01:00 PM
    I'm fully aware of target marketing and the various other types. That is where you misread or mis interpreted what I was saying when quoting you.

You mentioned a specific product with a character in a TV show - thanks for the correction - yet you're posting to a mass market (these forums), without a more deeper relevance for this eof us who do not know the show or character = that is mass marketing - this thread and your presentation of marketing potential. Although the show is probably targeted to a certain interest of mindset, unless it's specifically presented in a certain steps of action you're not actually target marketing on a show.

Examples :
    Coca Cola in 3 superman movies 1 with a kid drinking it.
    (studies show older ppl drink coca cola vs Coke), and yet no relation to its taste, feeling it could cause or give to someone drinking it is mass marketing.

Same with Pepsi

Apple computers in lots of movies hardly used more than 5mins - 'you've got mail' is probably the best example of a target marketing for its use and what it does in a movie/Tv show but their vommercials are so much better focused.

BlackBerry super bowl ad - yes a complete joke but it was to highlight the brand (miserably failing).

08-10-14 02:22 PM
    I'd love to see this happen and mike with a classic or a Q10

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:05 PM
    Who is this guy?

BB Proud
    08-10-14 07:18 PM
    Actually....went and saw Lucy. one of the promos showed Robert Downey Jr. using the BlackBerry porsche.

BB Proud
    08-10-14 07:21 PM
    Suits is filmed in Canada...
    That is all I had to add to this thread....

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 07:24 PM
    I couldn't agree more. And considering Mike is a Canadian actor... maybe there's something that can be done there.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-10-14 07:25 PM
    This is my take on product placement...

The point isn't to get someone to suddenly realize, "since character X uses device Y, I should get up and go get one today."

The point is more subtle. The marketer wants the audience to accept the device into the concept of what is available to them. The average TV audience person would think that mac computers commanded %80 of the market share. That's what Apple wants.

Given that many people (within BlackBerry's target customer base) think that BlackBerry is out of business, I think that this is important. Before they can sell devices, BlackBerry needs people to understand that yes, they are around. Yes, they are functional. Yes, they are available. Yes, there is a use case. You can only afford a certain amount of commercials. And, I think that presenting the use case in a story is much effective (disarming) than a heavy-handed commercial.

This is about marketing, not sales. Marketing is what happens before the sales. Marketing is influencing the consumers perspective before the sale. Where as sales is about closing the transaction. It's a heck of a lot easier to close the transaction when the customer comes to the table with a positive perspective on your brand.
    itsachickthing likes this.
    08-11-14 04:22 AM
    In most shows I see it's the macbook pro and iphones. Rarely I see blackberry phones and it surprises me everytime I see one. Though I have only seen the Q10. Haven't seen the Z10 or Z30.

via Q10
    08-12-14 02:20 AM
    I've been seeing LOTS of Windows phones on TV lately.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-12-14 04:53 PM
    Blackberry having the passport on Suits and other business/law/medical related shows showing each industry actively needing these phones (and hell, pay a show to have a character using instagram on the passport while you're at it) and that'll hammer the point home that this company still matters.

It's excellent marketing strategy and all the smart big companies do it.
    08-12-14 05:20 PM
    Suits is filmed in Canada...
    That is all I had to add to this thread....

Posted via CB10
    and the office building is managed by a client (oxford properties)
    08-12-14 05:28 PM
    he is my BOSS and we hate each other
    Louis, is that you? Is somebody about to get "Litt up"??
    08-14-14 03:26 PM
    Louis, is that you? Is somebody about to get "Litt up"??
    Too soon man lmao

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 03:34 PM
    SPOILER : DON'T READ IF YOU FOLLOW THE SHOW

A mild spoiler though, but in an episode of season 3, the whole 'Samsung case' and the 'Can your phone do that' thing was cringeworthy imo.
    08-17-14 12:07 PM
50 12