....just started watching the TV show 3 weeks ago and have worked my way through to the middle of season 3 so far.

How awesome would it be to have Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter as a testimonial for the Passport and/or strong product placements within the show to go along with it.

Just as the Passport Harvey Specter is classy and a boss. Moreover the Manhattan law firm (secure communications and sensible data) scenario makes a perfect fit IMO.

Any thoughts?
    08-08-14 06:03 AM
    That would be cool. I've seen him typing on a BlackBerry before. Love the show!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:19 AM
    This would be great! I would definitely love to see more BlackBerry products on Suits, seems like its the only thing missing....
    08-08-14 08:30 AM
    Unfortunately in the latest series they switched to windows phones/Android.. but the Passport in his hands would be AWESOME! BlackBerry make this happen please!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:31 AM
    That's a great idea if JC would read this it might just be the golden ticket.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:35 AM
    I remember following season 1&2 and it's always a good feeling watching Harvey typing on his BlackBerry.
    It shows how important the phone is to him.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    08-08-14 09:02 AM
    Suits is a good show! I'm pretty sure they are sponsored by Samsung, you'll notice their phone product placement almost every episode.
    Harrison Hoolahan likes this.
    08-08-14 09:09 AM
    Ditto on this idea they already use BlackBerry in the show, and the law firm aspect, and I like the show. They could totally either pump it in the show or the more classy route with normal commercials

Via Z10
    08-08-14 09:10 AM
    What's with these pointless, childish threads?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-08-14 09:24 AM

How is this pointless and childish? I actually work in marketing and it fits the brand as well as the product perfectly and as pointed out by others before, Samsung as well as Dell already do product placement on the show. So please elaborate, I'm genuinely curious.
    RWB3325, m_b, aminrajabi and 2 others like this.
    08-08-14 09:32 AM
    How is this pointless and childish? I actually work in marketing and it fits the brand as well as the product perfectly and as pointed out by others before, Samsung as well as Dell already do product placement on the show. So please elaborate, I'm genuinely curious.
    Celebrity endorsements are for tweens and teens. Professionals don't make their buying choices based on characters in a show. You did not start this thread by saying, "gosh, Blackberry should really consider product placement on show [x]". Instead, you started with "[s/he]'s so cool, I'm in love, and by the way Blackberry should totally be on the show because the lead is so cool".

I should add of course that any marketing by Blackberry is welcome. Being that there isn't any now, I'd be inclined to stick to traditional marketing first, definitely before engaging in sponsoring TV shows.

Iblamesummers and teamryan15 like this.
    08-08-14 10:44 AM
    And don't forget Lexus.

Posted via CB10
    Harrison Hoolahan likes this.
    08-08-14 11:41 AM

As long as a thread falls within the Community Rules and Guidelines, all members are free to post their thoughts. There's room for threads that are serious, informational, and even whimsical. You may or may not see value in certain threads, and that's fine too. There should be plenty of other threads to interest you.

Elessar.cm / Moderator
    08-08-14 12:24 PM
    As long as a thread falls within the Community Rules and Guidelines, all members are free to post their thoughts. There's room for threads that are serious, informational, and even whimsical. You may or may not see value in certain threads, and that's fine too. There should be plenty of other threads to interest you.

Elessar.cm / Moderator
    Still doesn't stop me from questioning the purpose
    08-08-14 12:26 PM
    Maybe Justin Bieber should use the Passport in his next video! He's a boss as well, with the recent pictures that have been leaking he sure as hell could use some security and best of all, he's Canadian!

Harvey Specter is the perfect testimonial for the BlackBerry Passport-justin-bieber-arrested-miami-diu.jpg
    08-08-14 12:56 PM
    Celebrity endorsements are for tweens and teens. Professionals don't make their buying choices based on characters in a show. You did not start this thread by saying, "gosh, Blackberry should really consider product placement on show [x]". Instead, you started with "[s/he]'s so cool, I'm in love, and by the way Blackberry should totally be on the show because the lead is so cool".

I should add of course that any marketing by Blackberry is welcome. Being that there isn't any now, I'd be inclined to stick to traditional marketing first, definitely before engaging in sponsoring TV shows.

Yeah and that's BS. Young people (not necessarily teens) watch such shows as well and like it or not, celebrities are opinion leaders. So why not promote a BlackBerry for people at age 18-35? As said, Dell and Lexus are also heavy in product placement on the show, definitely NOT brands for teens or tweens, right? Apple does product placement as well, use of celebs as testimonials is broadly used even for luxury products. So what's wrong? Like to educate a bit?

As for Justin Bieber: I thought of him as well. But rather as a client of Harvey Specter, not listening during a meeting, playing Candy Crush on a white iPhone. When Specter looses his mind and crushes the iPhone with a hit of his Passports corner :-P.......that'd be funny, but I kidding.
    Ankit RS likes this.
    08-08-14 01:12 PM
    You must really hate BB. Can you just kill the brand now?
    Maybe Justin Bieber should use the Passport in his next video! He's a boss as well, with the recent pictures that have been leaking he sure as hell could use some security and best of all, he's Canadian!
    Last edited by deremi; 08-08-14 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Remove ugly mug.
    08-08-14 01:19 PM
    You must really hate BB. Can you just kill the brand now?
    I had hoped it was implied that i was being sarcastic, since Justin Bieber is, well, a ****.

I'd rather see someone like Drake being a brand ambassador, since he travels a lot, he needs his ... Passport.
    Plus the guy loves his bbry.
    08-08-14 01:22 PM
    ....just started watching the TV show 3 weeks ago and have worked my way through to the middle of season 3 so far.

How awesome would it be to have Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter as a testimonial for the Passport and/or strong product placements within the show to go along with it.

Just as the Passport Harvey Specter is classy and a boss. Moreover the Manhattan law firm (secure communications and sensible data) scenario makes a perfect fit IMO.

Any thoughts?
    Love that show. And they are really into the product placement. And being filmed in Toronto maybe it would be easier to target the crew and just dumb a huge load of BlackBerry devices on the set.

Blue Bloods also loves them some BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 10:42 PM

There is a HUGE difference between celebrity endorsements and product placement. To say having Blackberry placed in a TV show is a celebrity enforcement is very misguided. I went to college in the 90's and even then product placements were considered better for a brand then a simple commercial. The cars that are used in movies is no accident either.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-08-14 10:51 PM
    Yeah, but isn't Samsung one of Harvey's clients?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    08-08-14 11:03 PM
    he is also on CB.

this is his profile link

http://forums.crackberry.com/members...ecter-3772607/

check mate, i think he should be the ceo of blackberry and he will be a total BOSS.
    08-08-14 11:11 PM
    Never heard of Harvey Specter until now.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 11:21 PM
    Pearson & -Associate(s)- began with Blackberry Bold 9900 devices but eventually the show had a deal with Samsung where they get more money to produce the show if they showcased Samsung devices only, not their competitors.

While I'm not much of an android or Samsung fan,
    I understand blackberry wasn't looking for this kind of marketing
    and if the producers could make a better show by taking the money
    I couldn't blame them for doing so.

Although I've found it hard to believe a law firm with security concerns would chose Samsung Android phones and I've found
    some of the product placement distracting.

I would love for them to take blackberry instead, but I have serious doubts.
    Would the Samsung deal allow for Suits to take a competitor next season if at all?
    Is blackberry searching for this kind of marketing?
    Wouldn't their limited marketing spending be better on shows with greater ratings or better targeted audience(ie: House of Cards, The Newsroom, The Good Wife, Homeland)?

I'm not ratings or marketing expert but seeing Harvey Specter and and Jessica Perason's lawfirm using Blackberry10 devices would be amazing.

House of Cards gets so much media attention I'm sure if they used Blackberry10 devices they would mention it numerous time on "news/entertainment" tv programs, internet videos and articles.

The Newsroom is ending so I'm all but certain it is too late but it would have been another golden opportunity considering it would have a highly educated activist audience with plenty of disposable income and is set in the world of journalism.

The Good Wife has had prominent displaying of Iphones and other Apple products, I'm sure Lockhart/Gardner started with Blackberry devices and some people have had android devices. I'm not sure what the audience is but it has been at times well rated, critically acclaimed at times by certain people, often nominated and is in syndication currently.

Homeland is on a premium a la carta channel, I understand it isn't the best liked show, especially as of late but it would be nice to see CIA operatives only using Blackberry10 devices.

I can't wait to see my comments on this eviscerated and see what people agree with me on. What other shows should have Blackberry placement? & for the love of Sanity someone please photoshop Harvey R. Specter with a Blackberry10 Phone.
    Last edited by crackberryspqr; 08-08-14 at 11:24 PM. Reason: clarity, grammar & spelling
    08-08-14 11:22 PM
    Never heard of Harvey Specter until now.

Posted via CB10
    he is my BOSS and we hate each other
    08-08-14 11:24 PM
50 12