Has anyone noticed scratches and slight chips on the frame (corner of screen) where the BlackBerry Passport hard shell case covers. Have only took the case off 3 times!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 virgin uk
    09-07-15 05:50 AM
    Are you talking about the hard shell for the OG passport or SE. For the SE I found a trick to taking the case off easily - remove it from the top corners using your nail on the plastic hook of the case (one edge at a tine) and it comes off.

So far no damage to mine but I did get nervous first few times taking it off, it can be difficult if it's not done the proper way...

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 06:09 AM
    For the original passport!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 virgin uk
    09-07-15 06:11 AM
    It takes a bit of finesse to get the cover off. I slowly pry the two top corners back then off in their respective directions in one motion. Then I slide the two bottom corners straight up out of the casing.

Takes some practice to do, but eventually you get the hang of it.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-07-15 10:08 PM
    It takes a bit of finesse to get the cover off. I slowly pry the two top corners back then off in their respective directions in one motion. Then I slide the two bottom corners straight up out of the casing.

Takes some practice to do, but eventually you get the hang of it.

I take my case off at least once a week to clean out the dust that accures underneath and I haven't had a single dig or scratch.

09-07-15 10:10 PM
    I checked mine. It has minor scuffs but I have a few other dings from normal use. I only take the case off very rarely, but the hard case is a pita to remove anyway. But yup I see tiny wear - looks like the wear is from removing the case though

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    09-07-15 10:31 PM
    Pretty normal thing to happen with hard shells. Only 3 times removed? That seems a bit premature though... That's why I use a soft shell = no issues!
    09-08-15 12:10 AM
    Happened in my red passport

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    09-08-15 12:29 AM
    I noticed it scratches the top of the phone yes. Oh well, it's save my phone from much worse damage after being dropped several times so the trade off is worth it I guess.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 12:39 AM
    Yeah, happen to me too..slight chips n scratches. I think on sides of screen are very soft plastic. Even my finger nails can make scratches of it..

BB PP OG
    09-08-15 12:47 AM
    happened to me, too. black passport. but the hardshell is just perfect in general.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-08-15 12:52 AM
    I've tried pretty much every case on the market There was a big thread about the OE hard shell causing scratches for some people. I never had the problem but I polished the inside edge of the shell right where it grips the PP to make sure there wasn't an edge on the plastic, and also used small patches cut from black electrical tape between the case and the phone just to be sure. The tape's almost invisible, pads the phone and tightens the fit so the case doesnt move.

Really liked the design of the BlackBerry hard shell and still use it occasionally, but use the Stilgut flip case most of the time. Phone slips in and out easily, screen is protected in my pocket, and sleep magnet saves battery.
    09-08-15 08:54 AM