For some reason I can't get a hard reset (holding both up/down buttons simultaneously) to work on my Passport. When I hold volume keys down, all that happens is the BlackBerry logo keeps showing up and disappearing. Worked a treat on my Q10, helped clear up the occasional issue. The only thing I can do is a normal Restart with the power button. Am I missing something, is there a new method for hard booting the PP? Or am I screwed? lol

Posted with my Canadian Passport
    10-25-14 02:51 PM
    Works just fine on my PP. Are you getting the screen capture message when pressing both buttons? Does it not shut off and then you get the BB logo?
    10-25-14 02:55 PM
    It functions a bit differently in the Passport. You can still hold down both volume keys at the same time and do the hard reset. BUT--and this is where it has changed--the boot screen no longer comes up. The reboot starts when the BlackBerry logo comes up.

EDIT: Homer's post goes into more detail than I did.
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-25-14 02:57 PM
    Yep, screen capture message...then just blinks the BlackBerry logo off and on. No shut off and reboot. Sad, want my hard boot back like on my Q10. Really, really hoping an update fixes this issue, because it really helps sometimes.

10-25-14 02:59 PM
    It functions a bit differently in the Passport. You can still hold down both volume keys at the same time and do the hard reset. BUT--and this is where it has changed--the boot screen no longer comes up. The reboot starts when the BlackBerry logo comes up.
    It's different on a Q10 then the PP or Z10? Works exactly the same on my PP as it did on my Z10.

Press and hold both volume buttons, get a "screenshot saved to your personal space" message, keep holding, device shuts off abruptly, Blackberry name appears, release buttons, BB Logo with blue ring appears(normal boot).

Is this not how it works on the Q10? I honestly don't know as I never used nor have seen a Q10.
    10-25-14 03:00 PM
    Ahh, ok. Then it *is* working then. Dang it, wish I'd known they'd changed the hard boot, now I feel silly. lol I'd suggest thread deletion, but this may help other upgrading from previous BB devices. Thanks guys.

10-25-14 03:03 PM
    What OS are you on? I never ran with the OS it came with(could be the issue?). Immediately loaded up 10.3.0.1418, since I'm on AT&T and wont be getting OS upgrades anytime soon.

Saw your post above mine. Disregard.
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-25-14 03:03 PM
    With the Q10, you have to hold the volume keys for pretty much the entire boot. With PP, if I hold the keys it just keeps popping up the BlackBerry logo with no boot...I have to releasse the keys for it to continue to boot. A little bit of a difference between PP and previous BBs hard boot.

10-25-14 03:05 PM
    I'm on 10.3.0.1154 with .738 release, no carrier updates for .908 for me yet.

10-25-14 03:07 PM
    I'm on 10.3.0.1154 with .738 release, no carrier updates for .908 for me yet.

I'm on AT&T and dont get any carrier updates either.

What are you waiting for?

Use sachesi to grab the OS and load her up, its available from rogers in Canada
    10-25-14 03:13 PM
    Because I'm a leak chicken! LOL If I end up with more serious issues with my PP, I might contemplate a leak to see if it clears up things...till then bawk bawk! Thanks guys, for helping me figure out the hard reset thang, as long as it *can* do a hard boot then I'm a happy camper.

Azensun likes this.
    10-25-14 03:18 PM
    Because I'm a leak chicken! LOL If I end up with more serious issues with my PP, I might contemplate a leak to see if it clears up things...till then bawk bawk! Thanks guys, for helping me figure out the hard reset thang, as long as it *can* do a hard boot then I'm a happy camper.

It's not a leak, but the latest OFFICIAL OS. The only caveat is its not from your carrier but rather Rogers in Canada, hence why you need to use a different method to get it, as opposed to OTA.
    10-25-14 03:24 PM
    True, good point. ::

10-25-14 03:28 PM
    Also using Sachesi, it's a non destructive update ie similar to OTA that are pushed out via your carrier. Obviously do a backup just in case something goes wrong.

I updated my Passport to the latest OS via Sachesi and it's been 2 days in and no issues...in fact the original os I had an issue that when my phone was locked and screen is off...when I went to unlock it my first digit would not work on my unlock screen. But since installing the rogers OS via Sachesi, that issue has gone.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-25-14 03:36 PM
    What about the reports of people shutting down the Passport, taking out the SIM, restarting and using wi-fi to find the Software Update? This is for unlocked Passports, of course.
    10-25-14 03:54 PM
    What about the reports of people shutting down the Passport, taking out the SIM, restarting and using wi-fi to find the Software Update? This is for unlocked Passports, of course.
    Its a release from Rogers, would only work if you have a Rogers SIM inserted.

I did get an update on my unlocked PP before inserting my SIM card, but it was not Rogers release and a lower version.
    10-25-14 04:02 PM
    Yes, that's how I got my first update, as well...OTA without a sim, but that only updated my PP software release to .738 and not the current official .908. Might have to give Sachesi a shot, if an official isn't pushed soon enough from my carrier...but could be a long wait, since Virgin isn't even carrying BB devices any!more, so software updates could become scarce, but hope not.

10-25-14 05:28 PM
    For some reason I can't get a hard reset (holding both up/down buttons simultaneously) to work on my Passport.
    I have been using the following menu to shut down or to reboot my Passport (and all the other BlackBerry 10 devices).

Hard Reset-img_20141026_090548.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:11 PM
    Hi dear, I decided to security wipe my BB passport a week ago and started security wipe but it reaches 99% within 2 days then stuck there for 3 days. How can I fix it or cancel security wipe process? please help. Is there any way to cancel that process ? How can I my phone alive ? Many thanks
    09-02-15 02:48 AM
    Hi dear, I decided to security wipe my BB passport a week ago and started security wipe but it reaches 99% within 2 days then stuck there for 3 days. How can I fix it or cancel security wipe process? please help. Is there any way to cancel that process ? How can I my phone alive ? Many thanks
    09-02-15 02:50 AM
    I hope you find a better answer than mine, but if the time the device is now stuck in exceeds the time it took to make 99 p. 100 of the wiping.
    If I were you, I'd reboot by holding the two volume (up and down) keys for 15 seconds and wait for the BlackBerry Logo to appear.
    If the LED of your device blinks and your rebooting fails, you should reload the OS by connecting to a computer.
    Good luck! *fingers crossed*
    Please report how it went.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    09-02-15 02:56 AM