Finally brave enough to put mine on, and want to report back here. No scuffing (yet) and to my surprise a very nice case. It probably will mark the phone sooner or later, but it sure is better than putting it down on the table and hitting the protruding camera. Overall I like this case.

...Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    12-22-14 11:03 AM
    Ya I've used the hard case for over a month and I def have some marks on both sides on the top of the phone. The soft touch rubber nicks up easily I guess.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:42 AM
    I would think a little bit of scotch tape would protect the PP from the hard case.
    12-22-14 11:43 AM
    With the Passport back cover material what it is, damage is simply inevitable. I had some particle get in between the hard shell and device and rolling around, it scratched the back of the device, all while the case was on.

For the next version, they should really do away with this material. It does feel nice to the touch, but that powdery feel is not good for grip and it's way too soft and vulnerable to damage.

If it was the glass weave, I wouldn't have bothered with a case, but the rubbery material gets damaged even with the case on. Undoubtedly to a lesser extent than without the case, but....
    12-22-14 12:00 PM
    Same thing happened with my Bold 9000 back in the day. Ever since, I don't trust those hard cases any more for any phone. I carry phones in a pouch case now. We do need more pouch case options for the PP.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:19 PM
    Holycrap!!! On the night I finally installed the Hard Shell Case, I dropped the passport on its corner onto concrete. Money worth it already LOL!

wasabiGT likes this.
    12-23-14 08:15 PM
    I put a piece of tap on both corners and this is keeps mine from getting marked; also not taking it on and off helps as well.

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    12-24-14 04:41 AM
    I had the hardshell case and switched to the Amzer pudding case for the Passport.

The Amzer soft-shell provides better protection around the edges than the hardshell, doesn't damage the phone, and it's also slim and feels good in the hand.

At 1/3 of the price of the hardshell, the Amzer is a no-brainer for every Passport owner:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zDihJh9Y

Posted via CB10
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    12-24-14 05:06 AM
    I had the hardshell case and switched to the Amzer pudding case for the Passport.

The Amzer soft-shell provides better protection around the edges than the hardshell, doesn't damage the phone, and it's also slim and feels good in the hand.

At 1/3 of the price of the hardshell, the Amzer is a no-brainer for every Passport owner:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zDihJh9Y

Posted via CB10
    I can't tell from the pic, but does the Amzer have cut-outs for the mics? This is one detail they left out on the Z30 bumper.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:36 AM
    Hard Case scuffing top of the phone.-img_20141231_175528_edit.jpg

Dropped the pp a few times wearing the hard shell.... and out of curiosity opened it up surely there would be the famous scuffs up top... nothing at all, perfect, I wonder if it's true, dependant on batch.... for the interest of everyone, I've attached batch info here of my hard shell...

12-31-14 01:08 AM
    I use my passport without a case now lol. I don't trust that case anymore.
    Eno Karapici likes this.
    12-31-14 02:41 AM
    Is it the sharp edges that is creating the scuffing taking it on or off or it is occurring over time while its on the phone?
    01-09-15 12:44 AM
    Is it the sharp edges that is creating the scuffing taking it on or off or it is occurring over time while its on the phone?
    I think it's a bit of both. It's just what is going to happen. I had an Otterbox Defender for my Bold9700 and it wore down parts of that phone over time. It still kept the phone in overall great condition and protected it from any serious damage.
    People should treat their phones more like a car than a mint condition Gretzky rookie card. The first little scuff or scratch is going to hurt but it's not going to ruin your phone. If you are that scared, just keep it in the box it came in and don't use it.
    The Z series phones are easier to have complete protection on but any phone with a physical keyboard is inevitably going to show some signs of wear. Just be happy that you have such a beast of a phone and wear your scars with pride!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-09-15 05:52 AM
    Just started using mine and it is scuffing already. I think those top tabs are far too tight given the force required to peel them off the top of the device
    01-10-15 09:15 PM
    After finding this thread I took my hard case off to inspect. On my phone there is a small scuff on the left side on the top.

I am not sure about the rest of you guys but this case has never fit the phone properly. The top left corner and bottom right corner were always loose. Like there is a gap between the case and phone.

I am not sure if this is causing the scuff.

Anyways, it is now off and I am waiting for my Amzer case.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 06:35 AM
    I have removed mine too. It's look very nice.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:30 AM
    It's hard to tell if the scuffing is from the case being too loose or too tight. Mine is too tight and I think putting it on and off did it.
    01-11-15 11:16 AM
    Have same problem

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 12:53 PM
    I just noticed that I have the same light scuff marks on the top left of the glass, underneath where the hard shell sits. Not a big deal though, I just put some black electrical tape underneath as others have suggested. No more play! Before the top left edge used to move around ever so slightly, but now I realize that that was just enough to cause that scuffing. Oh well. Phone is better off protected in this case than not.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 12:18 AM
44 12