I still wonder what makes people think about passport except the novelty factor. Its not aesthetic nor practical. Not for me at all.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    maybe people that don't share the same opinion as you on aesthetic and convenience ?
    More seriously, the phablet form factor may be a no deal for some, that's just what i need so i'll go for it asap.
    And i really don't understand the aesthetic judgment, i find it really decent, even very sober.
    I know a lot of my friends ready to look at it when it will hit the stores (one of them is an IT admin sys that already looked at my Q10 with interest but the tiny screen was too challenging for him as he comes from a big android phone)
    acovey likes this.
    08-14-14 03:57 PM
    Each to himself. Agreed.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    08-14-14 04:02 PM
    The feat will be not to drop the device while trying to reach a key with one hand.
    lift likes this.
    08-14-14 04:19 PM
    The feat will be not to drop the device while trying to reach a key with one hand.
    maybe with a lace that ties it to your wrist, case manufacturers should do something like the eyelet that allows the cameras to pass a string in it?
    bold007 likes this.
    08-14-14 04:28 PM
    Thanks man! Nice pics!

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-14-14 04:28 PM
    Hey, I gotta question - Does this thing sit flat on a desk or does the camera stick out and make it unsteady?
    Thanks in advance and for the picture post.
    08-14-14 05:36 PM
    Thanks to those who have posted photos next to other devices for a size comparison. Also saw a couple in a different thread placed next to a travel passport as a comparison.
    Are there any next to a ruler to show the actual size in metric or inches?
    Or does anyone have the dimensions? Haven't seen them.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 07:21 PM
    Thanks to those who have posted photos next to other devices for a size comparison. Also saw a couple in a different thread placed next to a travel passport as a comparison.
    Are there any next to a ruler to show the actual size in metric or inches?
    Or does anyone have the dimensions? Haven't seen them.

Posted via CB10

well a canadian passports's dimensions are 3.5" x 5"

draw it on paper: 3.5" x 5" for the whole phone. Then at the top of the rectangle draw a line 4.5" for the screen
    Last edited by khehl; 08-14-14 at 07:51 PM.
    bob_tn likes this.
    08-14-14 07:40 PM
    "(editing)"????

Oops, never mind.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    08-14-14 07:50 PM
    "(editing)"????

Oops, never mind.
    Posted via CB10
    when i first drew my 5" line, it looked completely wrong but once i drew the whole phone including the screen. I put the screen down about 1/3" or 1/2" from the top and it looked normal.

Screen length is around 3"-3.2" by my sketch. ( i also didn't have a ruler handy but i'm pretty good at approx.)

the truth is the phone looks huge on paper and definitely a phablet
    08-14-14 07:53 PM
    As you can see below I�m unable to reach the P letter with one hand as asked earlier by nah.uhh. I can�t imagine myself driving and typing (although it is not safe) . it looks a bit strange when putting in my ear making a phone call due to its size .
    I know lot's of people here like the Passport but the OP brought up two points that I mentioned a long time ago. One handed typing will be impossible for normal or small handed people. And putting this very wide phone to your ear to make a call is going to just look silly.
    I just wanted to voice my opinions. Not flaming or trying to incite a riot. I just think the form factor is all wrong for a phone. But hey, only time will tell.
    Q10Bold and Minhaaj Rehman like this.
    08-14-14 09:48 PM
    I know lot's of people here like the Passport but the OP brought up two points that I mentioned a long time ago. One handed typing will be impossible for normal or small handed people. And putting this very wide phone to your ear to make a call is going to just look silly.
    I just wanted to voice my opinions. Not flaming or trying to incite a riot. I just think the form factor is all wrong for a phone. But hey, only time will tell.
    I share the concerns about 1 handed typing and agree it appears to be difficult.

As to big phones being placed to the ear, folks have been saying that about phones since the original GNote, they are about to introduce #4 as the first 3 have been very successful. I can't believe folks use iPads (the big ones) as cameras but you see them all the time. I guess some folks just don't care about appearances
    lift likes this.
    08-14-14 09:55 PM
    I have Z30's, Z10's and Q10's. The Z30 is my daily driver even though it is a little big. I love the size of the Q10 but I am not a big fan of the physical keys. I don't hate them, I just prefer to use an all touch. The Z10 is a good size but the battery is crap. I was really hoping BlackBerry would release something that has all the great features of all the BB10 devices, but to me the Passport is not it. I don't want anything bigger than the Z30.
    08-14-14 10:03 PM
    My thought is one handed typing is possible with some practice, although not for everyone. The OP with his hand can almost reach to the other side of the phone, a little adjustment to hand placement can make it to 'P' button if needed. I say this because I don't have big hands and I thought I would never be able to one handed typing on my Z3, but when in need, I managed to do so just perfectly. :-) And the Z3 is 2.87 inches wide.

This is definitely a phablet. The thing is people has been complaining about the phone size, say it's like putting a shoe on your face when on the call, but then they buy SS galaxy devices like mad. They even use 7 inches table to make phone calls like the ASUS or SS galaxy tab. It's normal nowadays.
    08-14-14 10:17 PM
    Will 10.3 passport finally have a dark theme hub?

CB10 on the Q10
    08-14-14 10:18 PM
    Will 10.3 passport finally have a dark theme hub?

CB10 on the Q10
    That will come with 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK and calcareer like this.
    08-14-14 10:19 PM
    is it 100% confirmed that its LCD not AMOLED?
    08-14-14 10:41 PM
    I cant type with one hand...that is very important --in fact more important than if the phone does everything really well

seriously?
    08-15-14 12:27 AM
    The one handed typing is the part that keeps me from making a final decision. I love my Q10 and type one handed a few times a day. I can probably do without one handed typing if I must.
    I have only ever used two hands for typing so it will be fine for me
    08-15-14 12:36 AM
    Question is why don't i have one of these
    08-15-14 12:39 AM
    It actually IS a phablet. They could have pitched it as a PlayBook alternative. It is hardly a daily driver smartphone unless you like gigantic bricks.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    lift likes this.
    08-15-14 03:41 AM
    The one handed typing is the part that keeps me from making a final decision. I love my Q10 and type one handed a few times a day. I can probably do without one handed typing if I must.
    The device, being so much bigger than the Q10, would inevitably become imbalanced in one hand when trying to type out messages. Unless you have massive paddles for hands, it's a challenge for sure. Honestly, there's a good chance you'll drop this thing if you tried to do it walking or even standing around without paying much attention.

You're able to type one handed on the Q, but with the distance your thumb would have to travel from letter to letter on the P, it becomes inefficient and perhaps encroaching on clumsy since you'll have to balance and type simultaneously. So definitely a two hander IMO.

The keyboard is wider and you'll definitely feel it once you start to type. Keys are bigger, which helps for big thumbs. Overall still a monster of a communications device. Display size is still pretty awesome and be super useful for aging eyes and just wanting to see more.

My only gripe is no way in hell this will look right in a belt holster. Lol. And many bb people are holster wearers as we know. Hence the dilemma. Classic or Passport.
    lift likes this.
    08-15-14 06:03 AM
    Why not posting a selfie with PassPort next to your ear, like making a phone call ? Your hands may be bigger than average, but i suppose your head isn't.
    RodolfoAP likes this.
    08-15-14 06:59 AM
    Why not posting a selfie with PassPort next to your ear, like making a phone call ? Your hands may be bigger than average, but i suppose your head isn't.
    This. I need to see how dumb I'll look.

Posted via CB10
    vgorous, RodolfoAP and xplodpl like this.
    08-15-14 07:08 AM
    Thank you for sharing! Question- How many apps can be openned at the same time? Are you able to resize the active frames? I have seen a couple of pics that looks like it is possible.
    08-15-14 07:46 AM
92 1234