i think i'm in love....
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-28-14 01:13 PM
    Can't believe that I'm saying this, but here goes... The looks are beginning to grow on me.
    06-28-14 02:08 PM
    I thought AMOLED is used on the Q10 to save battery. It isn't exclusive to Samsung devices, is it? Maybe they make the panel but even Apple has a lot of Samsung components, correct? That could mean stellar battery life on the Passport.
    Yeah, it's used on the Q10 and on the Z30 but on my Z30 the screen is way too dim in the sunlight so I prefer IPS any day.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-28-14 02:13 PM
    How do android apps appear, on the passport; do they scale or are there bars on the sides?

I ask as I have the q10 and apps like viber don't seem to work properly, menus at top and bottom get messed up etc. For whatever reason they're isn't an official viber app in appworld so..?
    Sent using tapatalk!
    06-28-14 02:18 PM
    God! Now i'd like a video about how the keyboard works!
    Just to see the swiping gestures on this beast, how the keyboard becomes a trackpad, how fluid it is when you write long sentences...
    maybe in one of the next videos?
    Toodeurep and neoberry99 like this.
    06-28-14 02:19 PM
    Could you say a little about blend.. What devices will be supported etc..
    06-28-14 04:07 PM
    I too hope Blend will be free for all and the music sync screeny certainly seems to support that idea, I can only go off what our account manager hinted at so its not 100%.
    Odds are that some specific functionality of it will be enterprise-only and that was communicated slightly badly to the OP.
    06-28-14 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the clarification. Were BlackBerry just a little more forthcoming with information we'd have less confusion
    Realistically, they are not going to want to be too forthcoming with stuff right now that is not going to be out for a couple of months. Compared with how they have been in the past, we are getting a reasonable amount of official info out of them though.
    06-28-14 06:37 PM
    I still think this could be just what BlackBerry needs: a distinctive design with a decent spec and a clever new twist in UI.

This phone will be a conversation piece.
    Indeed and that is exactly what would not have happened if they had come out with the same sort of specs except in just another 5" all-touch device that would get lost in the crowd.
    06-28-14 06:42 PM
    Can't believe that I'm saying this, but here goes... The looks are beginning to grow on me.
    It seems to happen with every device, few people like it based on the first crappy leaked photos and as better ones emerge the devices tend to grow on people.
    bigjman likes this.
    06-28-14 06:44 PM
    So what's the back made of then?
    06-29-14 04:09 AM
    Plastic I guess.
    06-29-14 05:52 AM
    So what's the back made of then?
    Apparently it feels like a Z10 on the back. The back doesn't have the same details, but the material feels the same. The one shown on CrackBerry isn't the final device. It's an earlier device. Chen had the newest one shown

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 06-29-14 at 09:15 PM.
    06-29-14 06:00 AM
    Apparently it feels like a Z10 on the back. The back doesn't have the same details, but the material feels the same.

Posted via CB10
    It certainly needs a differentiation factor but i really liked the Q10's back... could be a little more original than all black panel (some pattern like the wallpaper in black and grey tones)
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    06-29-14 06:05 AM
    Exactly.

iPhone is a skinny, long, weird thing. Sure the Passport is wide, but it can be the Note 3 of BlackBerry and get people talking about it again. Then in 6 months or so after it comes out, boom, new full touchscreen device, 64 bit, and really shake things up!
    iphone is just the right size, very efficient and i haven't experienced any slowness yet but i really miss the keyboard.
    06-29-14 09:07 PM
    iphone is just the right size, very efficient and i haven't experienced any slowness yet but i really miss the keyboard.
    Z10 is more of the right size than iPhone

Check Out TechCraze
    06-30-14 01:35 AM
    Oh ya, just wait until Google or Apple copies and gives it for free.

A lot of consumers are going to be surprised and unhappy. They are expecting too much.

The consumers will want it free and they cannot afford that. Who pays for all the engineering?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 02:57 AM
    Oh ya, just wait until Google or Apple copies and gives it for free.
    Apple with iOS8 and Yosemite are already going down this road (and will only progress i.e. potentially supporting Windows at some poing), and it will be free for all this summer.

When that happens, crackberry nation will go up in flames on how Apple copied Blackberry lol
    06-30-14 03:59 AM
    Have you tried putting it in your pocket? Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 04:58 AM
    Z10 is more of the right size than iPhone

Check Out TechCraze
    Nope. Moto X is the perfect size. See what u guys are doing, it's called personal preference. You can't make an opinionated statement in the form of a fact that's just silly lol

Q10 Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-30-14 11:16 AM
    Thanks for the information on the passport. I can't wait, as i have said in a few of my post, I am buying one on launch day as long as its a GSM version.

The bad part here in the USA is that Verizon will probably get the exclusive on it. I will just have to buy an unlocked or Canadian version, no big deal.
    Sent from my lovey z30 on T Mobile USA
    You're going to want the Verizon version anyway, it will likely be Unlocked Dual Band CDMA/GSM Global version like the Q10 and the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 11:35 AM
    Have you tried putting it in your pocket? Lol

Posted via CB10
    According to the "pre-review" posted yesterday, the Passport is pocketable. If it fits in a shirt pocket, I'm happy.
    06-30-14 11:43 AM
    According to the "pre-review" posted yesterday, the Passport is pocketable. If it fits in a shirt pocket, I'm happy.
    I wonder what he meant when he said that it fits in a "hoodie"

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    06-30-14 01:40 PM
    I wonder what he meant when he said that it fits in a "hoodie"

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    I'm assuming a hoodie pocket or pouch.
    06-30-14 01:56 PM
    Nope. Moto X is the perfect size. See what u guys are doing, it's called personal preference. You can't make an opinionated statement in the form of a fact that's just silly lol
    Have you put the Z10 and Moto X side by side or looked at the measurements? They are almost exactly the same dimensions! The Moto does feel better in the hand because of the curved back though.
    06-30-14 02:50 PM
103 ... 2345