I have a passport and classic.

The passport is a great device but it's far from being a comfortable device to use with one hand and even with two hands.

Why BlackBerry did not built the classic trackpad functionality in the the touch sensitive passport keyboard? You know like being able to have a pointer when you browse the Internet to select links or be able to go in menus or select emails in email list.That would be great to always keep our fingers on the screen instead of stretching our fingers over that large screen. (I have big hands and yes I think I do need to stretch my hands even with two hands usage)

Any comments would be appreciated and I hope BlackBerry will see and consider my comments.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-04-15 07:24 AM
    I have a passport and classic.

The passport is a great device but it's far from being a comfortable device to use with one hand and even with two hands.

Why BlackBerry did not built the classic trackpad functionality in the the touch sensitive passport keyboard? You know like being able to have a pointer when you browse the Internet to select links or be able to go in menus or select emails in email list.That would be great to always keep our fingers on the screen instead of stretching our fingers over that large screen. (I have big hands and yes I think I do need to stretch my hands even with two hands usage)

Any comments would be appreciated and I hope BlackBerry will see and consider my comments.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you and was going to create the exact same thread! A Passport with toolbelt definitely would've been the ultimate device. Hopefully they bring out a V2 with that set up. Come on people share your opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-04-15 07:28 AM
    I totally agree with you and was going to create the exact same thread! A Passport with toolbelt definitely would've been the ultimate device. Hopefully they bring out a V2 with that set up. Come on people share your opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Op wasn't suggesting inclusion of a track pad. He was suggesting incorporating track pad functions into the touch sensitive keyboard.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    04-04-15 07:34 AM
    Surely a software update could make that happen but with a huge touch screen I don't see the need for a cursor, in my user experience anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:55 AM
    Op wasn't suggesting inclusion of a track pad. He was suggesting incorporating track pad functions into the touch sensitive keyboard.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    Hmmm it is late for me and thanks for the correction :-)
    I still like my idea better, it'd be too weird navigating a cursor with the keyboard and what would you use to select? A tap on the keyboard or screen again? I think the toolbelt like the classic would've been perfect for the passport phablet. Since I got my classic my passport is collecting dust on my desk.

Only thing I miss is the screen size, awesome resolution and PPI. Other than that it simply became too awkward to handle on a daily basis.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 likes this.
    04-04-15 07:58 AM
    So because the Passport doesn't have a feature you desire it is half baked?

There are endless features I would like on the Passport (or anything I buy), but that's just how things are made... in iterations. They have to stop adding features, release this model, and then continue working to add features to the next model.

In any case, the Passport being awkward to hold is subjective. For me it is fine to both hold and type on. I actually could never type on the smaller keyboards like the Q10, Bold, etc, so for me those devices were "half bake".

Finally, there are lots of threads in here suggesting the use of the touch sensitive keyboard as a trackpad. Maybe you can join those discussions instead.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 08:08 AM
    I agree with the post #1, but not with the post #2.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-04-15 09:08 AM
    The Passport's keyboard can already act as a trackpad when editing text. Plus, the keyboard allows you to scroll through pages and other items. I think if it did more things, it would drive people crazy and things would be moving accidentally all the time. For more, I think a dedicated trackpad would be needed.

And I agree with the post above, this does not make the Passport "half baked."
    04-04-15 11:34 AM
    Pinch gesture on keyboard also pinches to zoom in browser too. On 10.3.2.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-04-15 11:35 AM
    I think the keyboard is a little too wide and I also would like a trackpad for selecting links, etc. so you don't have to move your hand from the key board.

How about a split keyboard? You'd have smaller keys with half on the left and half on the right side of a trackpad. You could have a large space bar that joins the two sides. The trackpad would also allow for much easier one-handed use. It would certainly look different, but this phone looks different anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 12:05 PM
    Omg! Don't start redesigning it! Mine arrives on Tuesday! I wanna think it's the best phone eva for at least a few weeks!

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    04-04-15 01:54 PM
    Half baked. Thank god it nothing like the classic in my eyes.
    homer1475 likes this.
    04-04-15 02:03 PM
    So because the Passport doesn't have a feature you desire it is half baked?

There are endless features I would like on the Passport (or anything I buy), but that's just how things are made... in iterations. They have to stop adding features, release this model, and then continue working to add features to the next model.

In any case, the Passport being awkward to hold is subjective. For me it is fine to both hold and type on. I actually could never type on the smaller keyboards like the Q10, Bold, etc, so for me those devices were "half bake".

Finally, there are lots of threads in here suggesting the use of the touch sensitive keyboard as a trackpad. Maybe you can join those discussions instead.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. No phone will be able to have every feature that all consumers would like to have. And the Passport is not half-baked at all.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-04-15 03:10 PM
    Omg! Don't start redesigning it! Mine arrives on Tuesday! I wanna think it's the best phone eva for at least a few weeks!

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    The Passport is a special unique designed phone. I hope you like it as much as I love mine. It gets a lot of attention from people, so don't be shy about showing it off!!
    04-04-15 03:12 PM
    no problems using it with one hand or two hands and must say I have big hands
    Kashe1 likes this.
    04-04-15 03:52 PM
    Obviously an iPhone user, why would you want to type one handed? With a device as wide as that? And as far as typing with two hand it's easy as hell, I have massive hands and I have no problem typing with it, so take your negativity and jump back on your iphone geeza as you clearly don't appreciate BlackBerry pp

Posted via BBPP
    04-04-15 04:46 PM
    Half baked?? ***** is all I have to say, maybe you want the pp to fly???

Posted via BBPP
    04-04-15 04:54 PM
    Incidentally, the Passport's keyboard can now pinch to zoom in some settings (like the Browser) as of 10.3.2.
    04-04-15 04:57 PM
    Incidentally, the Passport's keyboard can now pinch to zoom in some settings (like the Browser) as of 10.3.2.
    Really? Can't wait for non-beta leaks ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 05:04 PM

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    So does mine on Tuesday and I can't wait

Q10 - 10.3.1.2708
    04-04-15 05:07 PM
    Really? Cool

thurask likes this.
    04-04-15 05:13 PM
    Learned something new.
    04-04-15 05:33 PM
    Pinch gesture on keyboard also pinches to zoom in browser too. On 10.3.2.

Really? Cool

^this....
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-04-15 05:35 PM
    Really? Cool

I should get back to this paper I have to write...
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-04-15 05:44 PM
    There is NOTHING half baked about the Passport!! Nothing! Had it since November and it still gets better every day

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:20 PM
31 12