When I pulled my phone out of my jeans pocket today and later cleaned the screen using alcohol free cleaning wipe, I noticed that there is a hairline scratch on the screen. Not too noticeable until you look at it over a light but kind of paranoid about it.

Bought Passport SE through shop crackberry, and obviously still under warranty. Will BlackBerry exchange for a replacement? Hard to believe it got scratched with no keys in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:04 PM
    I would say... no.

Buy a screen protector, plastic, glass, etc.
    It'll make the appearance of that hairline scratch go away.
    09-24-15 06:22 PM
    The tough part for the SE is that there are no screen protectors available. I may be wrong though

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:26 PM
    ebay and amazon
    09-24-15 06:32 PM
    The SE has the same screen as the AT&T version right?
    09-24-15 06:32 PM

passport-att-ces.jpeg
    Jubei_SE_BF_3.jpg

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    09-24-15 08:56 PM
    No, an AT&T screen protector won't line up with the ear piece, camera etc at the top of a SE

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 09:56 PM
    No way in hell.
    09-24-15 10:19 PM
    The tough part for the SE is that there are no screen protectors available. I may be wrong though

Posted via CB10
    I just installed a matte screen protector yesterday I got from Amazon Germany. My SE also got a scratch on the screen already. Not too surprising, a lot of people either have too much faith in Gorilla Glass or get false impressions by marketing or those "knife and keys scratching" videos they see on YouTube. Gorilla Glass, while sure harder than common glass, still scratches pretty easy.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 10:32 PM
    I kept my original sticker which came with passport SE.
    Initially try to take it off but the screen though it's under gorilla, the glass don't feel ask smooth as my previous samsung tab s so decide to stick on it untill I find a suitable protection.

Also keep my passport under a pouch gotten from ebay.

Posted via  Blackberry Passport (SE) - Singapore
    09-24-15 10:46 PM
    Oh noes! A scratch!
    09-24-15 11:02 PM
    It's gonna get scratched up eventually. Get a screen protector if you can and put it on, by all means. But the phone's not gonna stay pristine forever. I remember when having a less than mint Blackberry was actually a sign that the phone was being put to good use. My 9900 was full of little nicks and hairline scratches, I though it gave the phone character. Maybe it's just me. I wouldn't stress about it.
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    09-25-15 12:03 AM
    It's gonna get scratched up eventually. Get a screen protector if you can and put it on, by all means. But the phone's not gonna stay pristine forever. I remember when having a less than mint Blackberry was actually a sign that the phone was being put to good use. My 9900 was full of little nicks and hairline scratches, I though it gave the phone character. Maybe it's just me. I wouldn't stress about it.
    Ha! Finally! I've been saying this about all my phones. I actually love the scratches and bumps. Had to send my OG back under warranty and disliked the 'new' one as it looked so naked. Speaking of which, I never use cases or protectors and I've been rocking smartphones since the iPhone 3G. *fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:10 AM
  14. Steve
    Dont worry about it.

Mine has scratches all over it...but these are only really noticeable when the screen is off. For me its a tool so it will get used and abused and then sold on ebay when the next big thing comes out.
    09-25-15 12:48 AM
    Deal with it. It happens.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:50 AM
    My opinion exactly. The most major reason why I put on the protector was to get a matte screen, not really to protect it from any harm.

After all when are you really going to see damage like hairline scratches? Only when the display is off and you actually view the glass in different angles against light. I have always been very careful about my devices, yet after all a little nick here and little scratch there doesn't impact the use.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 02:19 AM
    Back in the day I used to be neurotic about all my devices. I'd by an InvisibleShield and spend hours applying it to the screen, and then I'd slap on a case.

Then, I continued to justify it when I started selling my devices often so I could continue to get top dollar.

Then, about 5 years ago, I stopped protecting the screen and stopped using a case. I haven't broken one phone and haven't noticed any considerable difference in final selling price for my items.

Take a month and be extremely cognizant of how you handle your devices. If you're really clumsy, a case might be good. But I (knock on wood) haven't broken or shattered one phone yet.

Enjoy your phone, don't worry about nicks and scratches, that's just entropy working its magic.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    09-25-15 08:25 AM
    I agree I just posted that I dropped my ATT passport on the concrete last night and no case I hate the sedico case that I got with it and It slipped out of my hand taking it out of my back pocket it hit the concrete on the bottom left and top right and stopped on screen down.

its a stupid phone shi t happens and life goes on
    09-26-15 08:10 AM
    When I pulled my phone out of my jeans pocket today and later cleaned the screen using alcohol free cleaning wipe, I noticed that there is a hairline scratch on the screen. Not too noticeable until you look at it over a light but kind of paranoid about it.

Bought Passport SE through shop crackberry, and obviously still under warranty. Will BlackBerry exchange for a replacement? Hard to believe it got scratched with no keys in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Cosmetic damage is never covered. But if you are that particular and still within the refund/exchange timeframe. But there are no guarantees and they may charge u a restocking fee. Better to be safe and just use screen protectors.it gives peace of mind.

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2339 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-27-15 11:16 AM
    Is it the glass that gets scratched or the oleophobic layer?

Bumpkin
    09-27-15 04:52 PM