Yeah, I know - my company I work for is losing the contract they are on and it looks like I am going to be out of a job 2 weeks before christmas - so right now spending money on anything that isn't necessary is not in the cards.
    Sorry to hear that. While I don’t advocate spending unnecessary money looking for a job, any cheap Android replacement should be on your radar as many companies use mobile apps for the employment process beginning with applying. It’s as if the process is geared towards mobile devices and the mobile generation in the last 18-36 months.
    09-14-18 11:58 AM
    Maybe consider selling your Passport to use that money for a Priv? They sell for around the same amount right now, except one has a crippled OS with doomsday date of 01/01/2020 and the other is good to go for years on Android 6.
    Of course this is viable if you have another smartphone to use in the meantime.
    Am planning to do that very thing hopefully..Was going to do it on here but got slammed with the prerequisites of needing 50 organic posts before I am allowed to offer my swag for sale or trade in the marketplace.
    09-14-18 11:59 AM
    Sorry to hear that. While I don’t advocate spending unnecessary money looking for a job, any cheap Android replacement should be on your radar as many companies use mobile apps for the employment process beginning with applying. It’s as if the process is geared towards mobile devices and the mobile generation in the last 18-36 months.
    I have an iPhone too - just hate it.

Btw- are you able to kill people with just your chin, Mr Finley?
    09-14-18 12:01 PM
    I have an iPhone too - just hate it.

Btw- are you able to kill people with just your chin, Mr Finley?
    Yes , but I let Jesse handle most of those assignments these days.

Glad to hear you’ve got the iPhone. Don’t ever waste the money on PRIV with that information. When the cash is flowing again, I’d suggest the latest Key2 or Key2 LE if you want BBAndroid. Again, good luck with the hunt.....
    T_Studios likes this.
    09-14-18 12:05 PM
    Yes , but I let Jesse handle most of those assignments these days.

Glad to hear you’ve got the iPhone. Don’t ever waste the money on PRIV with that information. When the cash is flowing again, I’d suggest the latest Key2 or Key2 LE if you want BBAndroid. Again, good luck with the hunt.....
    Why do you say no to the priv? Other than the fact that BB isn't patching it any longer...
    09-14-18 12:12 PM
    Why do you say no to the priv? Other than the fact that BB isn't patching it any longer...
    Android devices in general are good for 2-3 years, if the OEM has been producing for several generations. Look at first gen Android from major OEM 9-10 years ago. How long did it remain usable? The PRIV was a first gen Android device with all the issues of first gen device. Things like battery life, overheating and lower device optimization. Plus remember that BBAndroid is typically one year behind standard Android OS. We’re just on Oreo now as Pie is being slowly introduced. I’m more satisfied now with idea that my KEYone could remain pretty usable in three years. My PRIV was practically done within 12-18 months.
    09-14-18 12:19 PM
    That is wonderful but this is a BB10 forum. If you are no longer using it or the Passport is there a need for you to list all the reasons you don't use it here?

I'm don't own a Porsche, never owned a Porsche and have no interest in owning a Porsche. Do I go onto 911 enthusiast sites and tell them how bad the suspension is for urban environments and how impractical the car is off a track? No, I do not because that would just be an annoyance to Porsche enthusiasts that already know the quirks of their cars.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. I could go to the K1 & 2 forums and do a bit of bashing but I don't have the time and if they’re enjoying their device why should I spoil their pleasure.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-15-18 08:38 AM
    I actually have every Android app that can wish for on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-18 12:55 PM
    I actually have every Android app that can wish for on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    You must not need many apps lol
    09-15-18 02:53 PM
    I agree with you. I could go to the K1 & 2 forums and do a bit of bashing but I don't have the time and if they’re enjoying their device why should I spoil their pleasure.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    There are no safe place expectations in public forums. If someone is bashing or trolling inappropriately, hit the report button.
    09-15-18 03:03 PM
    You must not need many apps lol
    Actually Whatsapp, Spotify, Netflix, Kindle, Audible, Shazam,, bank and business apps. All working fine on bb10. I really don't need more. And dat phone <3
    09-15-18 03:13 PM
    Actually Whatsapp, Spotify, Netflix, Kindle, Audible, Shazam,, bank and business apps. All working fine on bb10. I really don't need more. And dat phone <3
    How's the battery life with all these Android apps?
    genghiskhan-11 likes this.
    09-15-18 04:22 PM
    It's not bad at all with Audible and WA.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-18 06:40 PM
    Is a Passport running all this apps really a thing? Wow.
    09-15-18 09:52 PM
    It's not bad at all with Audible and WA.

Posted via CB10
    Point was that it's more than just two apps.
    09-15-18 11:55 PM
    Is a Passport running all this apps really a thing? Wow.
    It's an honorable mention for BB10 devices, but just the norm for the rest of the smartphone world. 😎
    09-15-18 11:56 PM
  17. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I have a dream
    westlife
    after 2019 EOL

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-15-18 11:58 PM
    It just makes the passport a phone you have to plug in overnight every night instead of every other nigth.
    09-16-18 03:33 AM
  19. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    It just makes the passport a phone you have to plug in overnight every night instead of every other nigth.
    yes, same like my device
    its more powerfull device
    plug at night
    until at night again we plug it

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-16-18 05:48 AM
    at least PP doesn't have to worry about Gboard bug... besides PKB advantages...
    09-16-18 11:00 AM
    Everytime I send an email or sync my calendar (without Google rerading it) I'm glad I have a Passport.

As an experiment I might troll the Key2 boards and tell them how lame their devices are compared to a 4 year old phone. I wonder how many milliseconds I would last.

Posted via CB10
    Gene Fells likes this.
    09-17-18 03:53 AM
    Everytime I send an email or sync my calendar (without Google rerading it) I'm glad I have a Passport.

As an experiment I might troll the Key2 boards and tell them how lame their devices are compared to a 4 year old phone. I wonder how many milliseconds I would last.

Posted via CB10
    You should give it a shot.
    09-17-18 05:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    You'd last about one post lol
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-23-18 09:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    It may take some careful reading to fully understand the responses you would receive. It takes practice to read text filled with double spaces and capitalised words.

Posted via CB10
    spARTacus likes this.
    09-23-18 10:17 PM
    For people who are willing to let their phones auto-correct and auto-complete their communications, a VKB will usually be faster.

But I don't want a predictive text algorithm speaking for me. Too often it gets it wrong and I have to go back and correct. I prefer to type out each word in its entirety without assistance. It helps me think about what I'm saying and makes it more meaningful. That's why I will always prefer a PKB.

I might be slower on a PKB vs someone else on a VKB. But I'm much faster on a PKB than a VKB.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    Absolutely! I could not agree more. I definitely write with better thought using the pkb vs vkb. Some folks do great with vkb. For me, if I have to write something more than a quick sentence, I only use voice typing on my note8.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 06:35 AM
100 ... 234