Congrats! You will learn that you dont need every other app s as many already built into BB10. Example you dont need to download to open office doc as it is already preinstalled to every BlackBerry. You dont need itunes to sync your files etc. Life is simpler with less apps
    05-26-15 11:17 AM
    That it is. ITunes is such a PITA.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:37 PM
    Get ready to ride on the wide side!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    Last edited by Norg; 05-26-15 at 03:08 PM.
    05-26-15 12:48 PM
    Mine is out for delivery, come on mail man!!!! LOL
    05-26-15 02:39 PM
    Well done buddy, you won't regret it. I was with iphone for years and switched to BlackBerry pp and will never turn back, great choice

Posted via BBPP
    letrantrung and alan510 like this.
    05-26-15 02:48 PM
    Give yourself a few days to get used to the Passport. Remember, is a complete different form factor, it's not an iPhone. Like all new things, you have to get used to it.
    But also remember, ones you go Passport there is no way back ;-)

Enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-26-15 03:46 PM
    whats that supposed to mean? good or bad?
    Good and different. Or different and good. lol
    05-26-15 05:12 PM
    Good and different. Or different and good. lol
    Is it kinda sorta or sorta kinda? Lol

05-26-15 05:39 PM
    Looking forward to your feedback...
    05-26-15 05:53 PM
    Not sure about the customization, as I'm not a Passport user, but pretty confident it has much more in it as opposed to simply changing the wallpaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    like what? going to settings and turning things on or off?

to me customizing means changing the homescreen's functions, IE adding widgets/info/shortcuts, or changing default apps. I can't do either on blackberry. Sure I could load an android launcher then do it inside that, but that's just "emulating" android environment

What kind of customizing did you have in mind? Oh, I think I can change font size/color? I guess that makes it better than ios?

I like BB, but I don't find it any more involved than iOS (which I like).
    05-26-15 06:03 PM
    Good luck - it took me very little time to get used to my Passport (a few hours) and it is definitely the best phone I've ever had
    05-26-15 07:10 PM
    Even the sales reps at the local AT&T store oooh and aaah when I show them my Passport.

05-26-15 08:07 PM
    just letting you know that im gonna get my passport tomorrow. My current phone is an iphone 6 and im selling it to pay for my passport. Let's see how the switching goes I'm a little scared but the phone seems to get really good reviews among users. cant wait
    Make sure that you are productive using it. If not, let us people know.
    When you get productivity, you will love it even more.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 08:16 PM
    Would I be right or wrong in thinking it's the original Passport that seems to have all of the issues? I have an AT&T model and it's been perfect except for the occasional flickering screen. Best phone I've ever owned as far as reliability and function. The rest ain't bad either.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 08:23 PM
    Would I be right or wrong in thinking it's the original Passport that seems to have all of the issues? I have an AT&T model and it's been perfect except for the occasional flickering screen. Best phone I've ever owned as far as reliability and function. The rest ain't bad either.

Posted via CB10
    I had the flickering too at the very beginning, but its been perfect since the update!!

05-26-15 08:33 PM
    The thread title should be changed by now... I always fall for it... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:05 PM
    Try Googling "iMesssage problems when changing phone". Apparently Apple are a bit uncooperative about your text etc when you move to another platform.
    05-27-15 06:13 AM
    like what? going to settings and turning things on or off?

to me customizing means changing the homescreen's functions, IE adding widgets/info/shortcuts, or changing default apps. I can't do either on blackberry. Sure I could load an android launcher then do it inside that, but that's just "emulating" android environment

What kind of customizing did you have in mind? Oh, I think I can change font size/color? I guess that makes it better than ios?

I like BB, but I don't find it any more involved than iOS (which I like).
    Look. I didn't meant to be rude nor was fighting against you.
    I guess, like with every BlackBerry running OS 10, one can assign commands to the keys to launch applications, speed dialing; customising LED colour for messaging, contacts; there are also some options too when using a holster, advanced interactions.
    I don't understand why a BlackBerry handset needs to be compared to an Android device, since it's not meant to be like one of it.
    Either way, it's just my opinion, if a certain brand doesn't meet one's needs, there are some alternative options to choose from, no harm in that.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 06:30 AM
    Wait, where is the original poster? Did they buy\get their Passport? Come on, I need answers
    05-27-15 06:33 AM
    just letting you know that im gonna get my passport tomorrow. My current phone is an iphone 6 and im selling it to pay for my passport. Let's see how the switching goes I'm a little scared but the phone seems to get really good reviews among users. cant wait
    So did you get your passport?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 06:48 AM
    Look. I didn't meant to be rude nor was fighting against you.
    I guess, like with every BlackBerry running OS 10, one can assign commands to the keys to launch applications, speed dialing; customising LED colour for messaging, contacts; there are also some options too when using a holster, advanced interactions.
    I don't understand why a BlackBerry handset needs to be compared to an Android device, since it's not meant to be like one of it.
    Either way, it's just my opinion, if a certain brand doesn't meet one's needs, there are some alternative options to choose from, no harm in that.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't take offense, I just wanted to know how else you could customize BB I didn't consider the key shortcut, I don't use them so I forget about it. Same with LED colors.
    05-27-15 06:53 AM
    I had the flickering too at the very beginning, but its been perfect since the update!!

It's been better but every once in a long while, it will rear it's ugly head again. Not enough for me to even care all that much but I do wish they'd fix it.
    05-27-15 07:04 AM
    Welcome to Team Passport!

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    05-27-15 07:05 AM
    I didn't take offense, I just wanted to know how else you could customize BB I didn't consider the key shortcut, I don't use them so I forget about it. Same with LED colors.
    Yes, I'm also fully aware that an Android device can be customised at a higher degree, despite never owning one.
    Hope that everyone could be satisfied with what the market can offer (not taking into consideration hardware disfunction).

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 07:13 AM
    I am waiting for OP reviews?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 07:34 AM
64 123