Your non-removable battery will not last for another 5 years.
    BlackBerry Passport Replacement Parts - ETrade Supply
    01-07-16 10:26 PM
    On what do you base that?
    who sead they will stop support of BB 10 OS????? if it gonna happen something ether BB will shut down and focuse on software ether after the success of both new BB androids they will (eventually) built a new blackberry device i dont understrood why Chen sead about 10 OS maybe 11 would be better???
    01-08-16 07:24 AM
    BB10 will probably be sold out to Xiaomi or something, like WebOS.

Passport SE
    01-08-16 07:34 AM

Passport SE
    Right, Blackberry is now a Heavy Weight Software Company. Why would they sell a Software that they spent big bucks on. The OS is going to live on.
    01-08-16 08:11 AM

Passport SE
    Why would Xiaomi acquire BB10? It is doing very well with Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 10:54 AM
    All this crap is just speculation.

I don't understand the panic.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-08-16 05:07 PM
    With BlackBerry going Android, I am less and less interested in smartphones with time..

I guess I will stick to Passport for a lot of time...
    01-08-16 05:31 PM
    Right, Blackberry is now a Heavy Weight Software Company. Why would they sell a Software that they spent big bucks on. The OS is going to live on.
    Because they are losing money on it. A great quote from the only US attorney general convicted of a felony, John Mitchell. He was a bond trader (very successful) on Wall Street before going into politics. When in the bond business he was known for saying "if you're going to eat **** there's no sense nibbling on it". Words of wisdom in the business world.
    01-08-16 05:46 PM
    I'm still using my pre3. It is in its fifth year (2011 release). So I will give BBOS10 at least the same life span. So say hallo to 2020!

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    01-08-16 07:58 PM
    As long as possible, I think!

Posted via my lovely SE passport!
    01-09-16 12:07 AM
    As long as my Passport can handle what I need to do, it will remain my primary device. When it breaks, I will probably switch to a nexus phone if BlackBerry doesn't release something cooler than the Priv. I've been using my Passport for 1 year, it may last another 2 years, but who knows...

Posted from BlackBerry Passport 
    01-09-16 02:10 AM
    I bought my iPhone 4 in the august of 2011 and its battery still holds 10 hours with moderate use. So, I hope to replicate this positive experience with my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition too

Posted via Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    01-09-16 04:13 AM
    My Passport alr 1 year old and I thk it shd pass 3 years old before the battery going crazy. I still love my Passport. I like the way it looks, the way I type with the PKB, the way people out there looking at my phone and ask 'What phone you are using?' Passport is my main phone and I don't install android apps. I just installed those that I need to use for productivity. I have OnePlus One, android OS for my Media. Previously I was using Q10+Nexus4. I like the combination, so that I can avoid the apps gaps. I like BB10 and I don't hate android too. Priv for me is expensive now since I have OnePlus. I might thk of Vienna in the future but time will tell.

With my Black Passport
    01-09-16 05:55 AM
    Until whatsapp stops supporting BB10.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    01-09-16 09:05 PM
    The twelve of never!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-09-16 09:37 PM
    Until the battery gives out

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 10:26 PM
    On the contrary, if BlackBerry released a premium BB10 device that can replace our Passport, its life expectancy is shorter than what we are planning now...

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 10:33 PM
    Damn you guys sound like the web OS users a few years ago. These are sad times in the BlackBerry 10 kingdom...

Sent from my Passport
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 01-09-16 at 11:46 PM.
    Optimus4 and anon(5248846) like this.
    01-09-16 10:59 PM
    I bought my iPhone 4 in the august of 2011 and its battery still holds 10 hours with moderate use. So, I hope to replicate this positive experience with my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition too

Can you still do things with an iPhone 4? Aren't a lot of apps not compatible with it anymore?

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-11-16 12:21 AM
    Damn you guys sound like the web OS users a few years ago. These are sad times in the BlackBerry 10 kingdom...

Sent from my Passport
    Yeah, I hopped on the Pre/WebOS train the year HP announced they were discontinuing support, while I loved my Pre3, service to apps like Spotify no longer working I went in search of an alternative. People posting on CB hoping for a BB10 revival remind me of the WebOS fans hoping for a revival.

While I have loved both WebOS and BB10, I can't help but notice the similarities. However, just because BlackBerry is potentially moving on from BB10, they're still rocking other areas, so unlike Palm at least BlackBerry can live on.
    I'll keep on using my Passport until Vienna comes or something drastic happens.

Posted via CB10
    Optimus4 and anon(5248846) like this.
    01-11-16 02:21 AM
    @emmanuel0ss0

Of sure. IOS 7 is still supported even by Google apps. In fact, I use few third-party apps: pocket, goodreader, viber, telegram, dropbox, etc. They all support iOS 7. I will use it at least for one more year and then get iPhone 7

01-11-16 03:43 AM
    @emmanuel0ss0

Of sure. IOS 7 is still supported even by Google apps. In fact, I use few third-party apps: pocket, goodreader, viber, telegram, dropbox, etc. They all support iOS 7. I will use it at least for one more year and then get iPhone 7

That's awesome man. I have an old iPad I might need to dust off then and see what it can be used for.

01-11-16 08:38 AM
    That's awesome man. I have an old iPad I might need to dust off then and see what it can be used for.

Sorry for offtop. But your iPad (even if it is of 1st generation) is definitely capable of many things. Gaming and browsing are one of them

Back to BlackBerry Passport: I find myself using and getting addicted to it more and more these days. Although, mostly using it for all kinds of reading. However, I hate screen lift on the upper left!

01-11-16 01:41 PM
    Sorry for offtop. But your iPad (even if it is of 1st generation) is definitely capable of many things. Gaming and browsing are one of them

Back to BlackBerry Passport: I find myself using and getting addicted to it more and more these days. Although, mostly using it for all kinds of reading. However, I hate screen lift on the upper left!

It is a first generation. I love my Passport. It gets to be a little too big at times and that's why I got the little brother Classic. Will be delivered Friday. Can't wait.

kertong likes this.
    01-11-16 07:07 PM
    Until you will be done with that and you ll new an update of all your apps in the device. Until you will understand that blackbery is our loyal company that we re gonna help to survive even in android! Everything is android open your eyes and please don't be trolls of your own company. 80 % share of Android yes it's big versus 1% of BlackBerry 10!!! I am gonna buy Priv to help them accomplishe their sales 6 Milion! But also because it's great device to have a slider with full touch screen and 18 my camera all apps updated!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 03:43 AM
73 123