I'm not giving up my Passport until it the email stops working and it no longer syncs with my Outlook. I'm going to get another one soon and maybe an extra one for safe keeping so that they can withstand years of more use.

I think I will use a PP for another 5 years. After that I'll probably use a Windows device running full Windows (I suspect this will happen).

Nothing touches BB10, and I have a cheapo Android if there is an app I really need to use.
    01-06-16 08:56 PM
    That's what most BB hard cores do these days: essential stuffs on BB10, the rest of the $h1t can go to android.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-06-16 09:21 PM
    Like most I'll move on to something else. Since BlackBerry will be out of the Hardware market.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-06-16 09:47 PM
    I'm hoping that I will get at least 3 more years out of my Passport. After that who knows? Three years is a long time in phone tech. I am hoping that Windows phone makes some big strides, and that someone makes a good PKB.

That said, BlackBerry may continue to make a Passport variant with Android. Not a huge fan of Android in general, but Marshmallow is a large step forward in security. I prefer my Passport's 1:1 ratio and hope I don't have to move to a candybar 16:9 ratio.

Passport. It's not as big as you think it is.
    01-06-16 10:22 PM
    I'll probably stick with passport for as long as possible . It's frustrating using an os that won't receive updates though. Just please please give us dark theme everything. It already exists on z30 so just give us the ******* option.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 10:39 PM
    I'll probably stick with passport for as long as possible . It's frustrating using an os that won't receive updates though. Just please please give us dark theme everything. It already exists on z30 so just give us the ******* option.

Posted via CB10
    HUB is still light even on amoled devices of course.
    01-06-16 11:38 PM
    BlackBerry will not pay any further attention to bb10 so the functionality & security will suffer... I see a new device by fall... it will be my lifetime shortest stint on a handset... shame

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 11:42 PM
    so the functionality & security will suffer... I see a new device by fall... it will be my lifetime shortest stint on a
    What other functions do we need other than Android apps? I'm presuming that Android apps are out. Other than that I'm happy with the functions. I don't think the next few years are going to see too many changes in what smartphones do. We had a quantum leap. Now we might have some flat terrain.
    01-07-16 01:51 AM
    i used windows mobile 6 until phone broke before i switched to passport.

no reason why you can't keep using phone even after OS is no longer being developed... if it suits your needs and you don't need new things, why change? not even calling it an upgrade means it will make your life better
    01-07-16 08:47 AM
    I still use my playbook on occasions. So I know my passport will be around for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-07-16 09:07 AM
    I think for me I'm going to use it for one more year and get a Nexus or Priv!

Mia San Mia!
    01-07-16 09:11 AM
    My feelings exactly Mark. I have zero desire to change Passport or BB10. A tablet is a better solution and value for droid app wants.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 01-07-16 at 12:01 PM.
    01-07-16 09:43 AM
    BlackBerry will not pay any further attention to bb10 so the functionality & security will suffer... I see a new device by fall... it will be my lifetime shortest stint on a handset... shame

Posted via CB10
    So wrong. They will not stop support!

01-07-16 09:46 AM
    2 to 3 years the most.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 10:02 AM
    I blame BlackBerry for not getting enough advertising/marketing behind bb10 JMO.
    Stupid move BlackBerry.

Blackberry Passport
    01-07-16 10:16 AM
    Go to the page news and read the comments made Chen on C NET!! He said not this year! This year he goes full android with + one new android device.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 10:42 AM
    So if those two android devices have success he will continue to BlackBerry 10 after a year! So 2017 let's everyone pray and suggest to our friends to go buy the priv so we will be sure that on '17 we will have a new BlackBerry 10 OS device. For now I am getting the passport after 3 years from now everything will be more clear!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 10:46 AM
    Probably this year and then who knows? But I�m completely sure I�m not going to de droid side...
    01-07-16 10:53 AM
    On what do you base that?
    So wrong. They will not stop support!

01-07-16 10:56 AM
    At least make it open source so developers can do it on the side...

HUB is still light even on amoled devices of course.
    01-07-16 11:00 AM
    At least make it open source so developers can do it on the side...
    They still have BB10 contracts to fulfill, and much of their iot and car systems use this technology. They would still want to protect it. It will not become open source.
    LyoobaBerry and Zeratul57 like this.
    01-07-16 11:37 AM
    Until it can't turn on anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 12:23 PM
    So if those two android devices have success he will continue to BlackBerry 10 after a year! So 2017 let's everyone pray and suggest to our friends to go buy the priv so we will be sure that on '17 we will have a new BlackBerry 10 OS device. For now I am getting the passport after 3 years from now everything will be more clear!

Posted via CB10
    Do you really think that if BlackBerry is successful with Android phones, they'll want to make another BB10 device just to lose some of the money they made? No, they'll keep making Android devices.

A year is a long time. This time next year, BB10 will have been stagnant without any significant updates for a whole 12 months. Lots of BB10 users will have also switched to other platforms. It just doesn't make business sense to keep making BB10 devices.

I love BB10. I've owned every flagship since the Z10 and I continue to use the Passport I'm typing this on on a regular basis. But it's clear to me - and many others - that it's dead now.

Chen won't admit that so bluntly because BlackBerry still has BB10 devices they need to sell, but if the platform is going to get ignored for a year - aside from a few minor patches - it's hard to assume otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 01:38 PM
    Untill some other phone takes all my attraction.....!!

Posted via CB10
    alltorchedup likes this.
    01-07-16 01:46 PM
    I'm not giving up my Passport until it the email stops working and it no longer syncs with my Outlook. I'm going to get another one soon and maybe an extra one for safe keeping so that they can withstand years of more use.

I think I will use a PP for another 5 years.
    Your non-removable battery will not last for another 5 years.
    xueyaotianxia likes this.
    01-07-16 02:54 PM
73 123